GWT: EPL - Matchweek 13

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Are we sure Ronaldo is better than Wilson?

And what about Isak? And Chelsea are much better off paying Osimhen whatever it takes. Lukaku is still on the books also, no point of getting rid of him for less what Ronaldo's salaries would be.

Ronaldo doesn't make any sense for these teams unless it is for backup level salaries, and for example Chelsea are much better off in this regard with Broja if he can't claim a starting spot.

Chelsea doesn't have an out an out striker and Cristiano is still better than Callum Wilson.

They have, Broja.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I mean I’m no ronaldo fan and I won’t excuse leaving early, he’s always been prone to immaturity but he’s a good teammate when things are going his way and winning. Him losing can’t be easy for a person like him with all that drive and determination it’s probably devastating for him. Wont find any joy in this hope he gets a proper send off from united and gets the celebration he deserves.

Reactions: luiginb

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I will say that basically all sources were saying that prior to this week his attitude in training and in the locker room has been extremely professional and he's trained hard.

Obviously that doesn't excuse him refusing to come on the pitch as a sub and then leaving early, but from all accounts he isn't/wasn't causing any behind the scenes issues.

Reactions: Jussi

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I mean I’m no ronaldo fan and I won’t excuse leaving early, he’s always been prone to immaturity but he’s a good teammate when things are going his way and winning. Him losing can’t be easy for a person like him with all that drive and determination it’s probably devastating for him. Wont find any joy in this hope he gets a proper send off from united and gets the celebration he deserves.
Like I said elsewhere. It’s probably the realization that he isn’t needed for the club to be successful. It’s probably the first time ever that he isn’t the focal point of a team being successful. And for a dude with an ego the size of Russia that’s not going to go over well.

Reactions: luiginb

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Nah, Broja is better overall than Toney (except for set piece deliveries). Makes no sense to pay premium for Toney after getting rid of Tammy Abraham.
I don't think Broja would have eight goals and two assists if he played for Brentford, like Toney has this season.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Those dropped points on Wednesday look worse and worse. I’ll draw a straight line to Moyes not even deigning to go for three points. A 4-3-3 with three DMs and Fornals on LW…fml.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I disagree. The battle at the bottom would not be that close.

There are nine clubs within one loss from the relegation zone right now. There’s only six clubs within one win of the CL now. You could be right but things will have to change dramatically

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
There are nine clubs within one loss from the relegation zone right now. There’s only six clubs within one win of the CL now. You could be right but things will have to change dramatically
They will. It’s still pretty early. Not that more clubs will join the CL race either, but it’ll all kind of shrink to the middle.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

omg im gonna cry

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Play a great game against City to drop a stinker like this.
This is unexcusable performance.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
They will. It’s still pretty early. Not that more clubs will join the CL race either, but it’ll all kind of shrink to the middle.

After match week 12 last year, there were only four clubs within a loss of going into the drop zone. It was decided so early last year. This year the bottom three will change every week for a good while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad