GWT: EPL - Matchweek 12

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
jbp0cpq99yzb1.png

Here's some shitposting for good measure.

Reactions: Rob

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Sterling easy MOTM for me. Played with an enormous chip on his shoulder and it worked.

Gallagher keeps being amazing.

Caicedo solid, Enzo looked pretty good in the first and vanished in the second. Games pass him by when he's not on the ball.

Cucurenaissance continues apace, thought he was good.

James is James.

Dias, Gvardiol, and Rodri I thought were all extremely extremely poor. Like, not good at all.

Extremely funny that Haaland finally scored against us but it was a penalty and whatever the f*** the second one was.

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Cole Palmer looking like the best buy hands down so far. Been a real transformative presence out there.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Cole Palmer looking like the best buy hands down so far. Been a real transformative presence out there.
When I saw him on City I was never super impressed. But since he's been on Chelsea, he's looked significantly better. At City it always seemed like he was a practice hero. The dude who looks great in drills but never actually puts anything together in the game. At Chelsea he looks the real deal and clearly has his mojo going.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
When I saw him on City I was never super impressed. But since he's been on Chelsea, he's looked significantly better. At City it always seemed like he was a practice hero. The dude who looks great in drills but never actually puts anything together in the game. At Chelsea he looks the real deal and clearly has his mojo going.
He looks like what you would expect Havertz to be.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
He's what everyone wants from Joao Felix but what you never really get. He kind of drifts all over the field and always seems to get involved, and can pull off some incredible individual magic. The difference is when he's off the ball he's also working hard and will track back and defend pretty well, will make great runs to relieve pressure on others, etc. that you don't get from Felix.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I just look at the table and all I can see is those stolen points from MW7

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
By no means is Chelsea back, but Poch has them in a much better spot than they've been in. Really looking forward to what Nkunku can bring to the group.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I fully expect this to be a complete mirage for Chelsea. I don't think they would have come close to a result against Spurs if it wasn't for them going down to 9 men and playing with a high-line (!). I didn't get to watch today's match but I don't know what to make of a 4-4 match against City that isn't just ?!?!?.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Underlaying numbers really like Chelsea. They've been underachieving all season. Will see if they are about to go on a run. Metrics support that they could.

Underlaying numbers really like Chelsea. They've been underachieving all season. Will see if they are about to go on a run. Metrics support that they could.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Actually fourth in expected points right now despite being 10th in actual points. They have started actually scoring which has helped immensely, but I still think they will struggle overall to keep their goals up with their xGs.

They still have plenty of problems defending set pieces, seems like that has been the case for like 4 or 5 years now.

1699830837221.png

Last edited:

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Actually third in expected points right now despite being 10th in actual points. They have started actually scoring which has helped immensely, but I still think they will struggle overall to keep their goals up with their xGs.

They still have plenty of problems defending set pieces, seems like that has been the case for like 4 or 5 years now.

View attachment 767391
Wow! Looking at this chart, it's so obvious that Alisson is still so under appreciated. Even today, without his save 1on1 vs Mbeumo, I have a hard time seeing LFC with the points. Alisson, VVD and Salah are carying LFC right now.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'm not worried about going up against big teams, we are back as far as I'm concerned when it comes to those games. It's the bad teams that I want to make sure we have consistent finishing on, especially early in matches. I could easily see us go back to struggling in those games if we don't convert early and then they just drop everyone back and make it even harder to score.

There is way more positives than negatives though, so I'm happy with our future.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

It has helped lately that we are actually scoring.

What has helped is them is being able to play all the big clubs so far at home. I fully expect their xG is going to drop when they have to go to Emirates, Etihad, St. James', Anfield, Old Trafford, Falmer, and Villa Park. Seven matches in really tough arenas, the only one where they should be the favourite is at Old Trafford, but that stadium always has shady refereeing in big matchups.

• Haha
Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Poch needs to sort out how Chelsea's midfield is organized. Caicedo's getting bypassed easily and looks like shit. I don't think he went fro one of the best DMs in the league to this scrambly mess within an year so I think it's a system's issue.

Reactions: Peen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad