GWT: EPL - Matchweek 12

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
maybe now he'll be forced to play sanson. but think that's just frustration from Luiz and still Gerrard is terrible

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
What is Cash supposed to do there? Expected arm position as he’s going down to block and fired at him from a foot away.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
don't know how that's a pen but i don't really care. Pile the score on now make Gerrard untenable

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
What is Cash supposed to do there? Expected arm position as he’s going down to block and fired at him from a foot away.

Maybe he's supposed to put on a Fulham shirt or something. I dunno. I think Gerrard has been terrible as a manager but there's some officiating bias going on here.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Went back and watch the highlights of the Villa stuff. Absolute disgrace of an officiating performance.

Pathetic red card. Mitrovic instigated the entire thing, leaned his body forward, and then acted like he got shot.

Referees rewarding behavior like that is why players dive all over the pitch.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Went back and watch the highlights of the Villa stuff. Absolute disgrace of an officiating performance.

Pathetic red card. Mitrovic instigated the entire thing, leaned his body forward, and then acted like he got shot.

Referees rewarding behavior like that is why players dive all over the pitch.
On the bright side I did get a good laugh out of it

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Did the ball hit off Cash's chest?

Either way, it's been described as a soft penalty pretty much everywhere

Deflections were actually removed as a consideration from the rule this year, although England still seems to consider them.

Theoretically the only considerations are where it hit (both similar), if the arm made the body bigger (both clearly did), and if the arm was in a natural position (must have ruled Cash’s actions couldn’t justify the position while Gabriel’s could)

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Deflections were actually removed as a consideration from the rule this year, although England still seems to consider them.

Theoretically the only considerations are where it hit (both similar), if the arm made the body bigger (both clearly did), and if the arm was in a natural position (must have ruled Cash’s actions couldn’t justify the position while Gabriel’s could)
I thought profanity still mattered

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I thought profanity still mattered

I'm pretty sure swearing at the ref has never helped. May have missed that change though.

But really, they actually took out proximity too as a direct callout in the rule, but it's indirectly considered under the "deliberately touches the ball" part. Basically if you're 30 feet away and leave your arm in a position to hit the ball, you're far more likely to be called for intentionally touching it by leaving it there versus if you're 2 feet away.

More leeway is supposed to be given for "natural" position the closer you are to the ball, but there's no explicit callout for deflections.

Reactions: bluesfan94

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I'm pretty sure swearing at the ref has never helped. May have missed that change though.

But really, they actually took out proximity too as a direct callout in the rule, but it's indirectly considered under the "deliberately touches the ball" part. Basically if you're 30 feet away and leave your arm in a position to hit the ball, you're far more likely to be called for intentionally touching it by leaving it there versus if you're 2 feet away.

More leeway is supposed to be given for "natural" position the closer you are to the ball, but there's no explicit callout for deflections.
This is the challenge of typing on a phone before you're really awake

Reactions: hatterson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad