GWT: EPL - Matchweek 11

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Week 11 brings a few fun matches: United will look to right the ship against Fulham, while we have multiple London derbies. In the first, West Ham heads across town to take on the Bees of Brentford, while the matchweek ends with Chelsea heading north to take on Spurs. While in some matchweeks, that would be seen as the highlight, this week is actually headlined by Newcastle hosting Arsenal. Remember - with DST, times will be a little funky.

HomeAwayTime and Date (CT)Venue
FulhamManchester UnitedSat., Nov. 4, 7:30 AMCraven Cottage
BrentfordWest Ham UnitedSat., Nov. 4, 10:00 AMGtech Community Stadium
Manchester CityBournemouthSat., Nov. 4, 10:00 AMThe Etihad
Sheffield UnitedWolverhampton WanderersSat., Nov. 4, 10:00 AMBramall Lane
BurnleyCrystal PalaceSat., Nov. 4, 10:00 AMTurf Moor
EvertonBrighton & Hove AlbionSat., Nov. 4, 10:00 AMGoodison Park
Newcastle UnitedArsenalSat., Nov. 4, 12:30 PMSt. James's Park
Nottingham ForestAston VillaSun., Nov. 5, 8:00 AMCity Ground
Luton TownLiverpoolSun,. Nov. 5, 10:30 AMKenilworth Road
Tottenham HotspurChelseaMon., Nov. 6, 2:00 PMTottenham Hotspur Stadium

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Also, am I the only one who doesn’t get why Rashford is being punished?

Dude went out to celebrate his birthday, a celebration he had specifically delayed until after the game so it wouldn’t impact him getting ready for the game.

Is the idea somehow that players aren’t allowed to have fun when the team is a tire fire? I’m sure that’s a great way to improve team morale.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Team is reporting an injury, not a punishment.

But who knows
I’m skeptical of that. But either way, even ETH calling it unacceptable and saying it would be dealt with internally is making a way bigger deal of it than it should have been.

If United had won, would anyone have cared that he went out? No, absolutely not. So why should a loss, that he wasn’t even at fault for, mean he can’t go out for a small birthday celebration.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Yeah, I also read that report and was just like huh? Though to be fair, Ten Hag kind of brushed it off as well, so felt a bit like the media trying to push a narrative, but yeah calling it unacceptable seems weird. Maybe just mad he wasn't invited

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I thought Maguire had a bit too long of a night after he went down like that, but after the replay he might be concussed.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Looks like it may have been an eye injury instead of a concussion.

Still weird that they don’t have some sort of mandatory quiet room check period for those situations.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I’m skeptical of that. But either way, even ETH calling it unacceptable and saying it would be dealt with internally is making a way bigger deal of it than it should have been.

If United had won, would anyone have cared that he went out? No, absolutely not. So why should a loss, that he wasn’t even at fault for, mean he can’t go out for a small birthday celebration.
He said he apologized so nothing further on that. He said before the game to MUTV that Rashford's "fit but not fit enough to start". Sounds like a knock or illness. Some rumors that he's been playing with a "niggle" which has turned into an injury. EDIT:

In his pre-match interview with TNT Sports, Erik ten Hag confirmed: "He was travelling with us but he didn't make it. He was tested this morning but [his leg] wasn't good enough. He's not fit."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad