Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
1691787424007.png

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Cakewalk win by City, was an absolutely professional display to the point that they made it seem like it was preseason friendly. Burnley got their fair share of chances under Kompany, but the talent is clearly lacking there for them. Also, I forgot who the player was that got hit on Citeh, but one of the Burnley fans threw a lighter at this head.

I didn't realise we're getting Newcastle and Aston Villa this week on top of Liverpool and Chelsea. Those are going to be some amazing matchups to watch. Which I must say is a disaster for NBC, it is the opening weekend of the EPL and we only have three games on the telly. No wonder why this sport hasn't grown at all in the NA, they got a worse marketing team than the NHL has.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I didn't realise we're getting Newcastle and Aston Villa this week on top of Liverpool and Chelsea. Those are going to be some amazing matchups to watch. Which I must say is a disaster for NBC, it is the opening weekend of the EPL and we only have three games on the telly. No wonder why this sport hasn't grown at all in the NA, they got a worse marketing team than the NHL has.

If you mean the play of Americans, I buy that. If you are talking about the popularity of the game, it's never been higher.

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Cakewalk win by City, was an absolutely professional display to the point that they made it seem like it was preseason friendly. Burnley got their fair share of chances under Kompany, but the talent is clearly lacking there for them. Also, I forgot who the player was that got hit on Citeh, but one of the Burnley fans threw a lighter at this head.

What kind of nonsense is this? Soccer is the most popular sport for kids in Canada and the second most popular in the USA. The ratings for the Premier League are great in both countries and continue to improve, it's just almost all gone to streaming which the rights for are very lucrative.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
What kind of nonsense is this? Soccer is the most popular sport for kids in Canada and the second most popular in the USA. The ratings for the Premier League are great in both countries and continue to improve, it's just almost all gone to streaming which the rights for are very lucrative.
Just because something is cheaper to play doesn't mean it's popular or good. I guarantee that the majority of Canadian parents enlist their kids in 8-year-old football to build team skills. Baseball has the same aspects in the States, it's a cheap sport and something kids can do during the summer but the majority of kids that play it won't want to continue it later in their adolescence.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Apparently their ticket scanners aren't working so the game's delayed? Lol

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Match delayed by 30 minutes due to problems processing tickets for entry.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Match delayed by 30 minutes due to problems processing tickets for entry.
Looking at those shots outside the stadium it's definitely going to be even longer if they're not going to start until everyone's at their seat.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Looking at those shots outside the stadium it's definitely going to be even longer if they're not going to start until everyone's at their seat.
Apparently they are controlling every ticket manually. Doesn’t exactly feels like a safe way. Open season to enter the game without a ticket.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Havertz making the same runs and being mostly in the same position he was in at Chelsea, except Chelsea wanted him to play as a #9. Such a frustrating player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad