GWT: EPL Match Day 2

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Alonso perfecting the should in the penalty area. Applying just enough force to make the player flop but not enough to get called.

You need to physical when defending in this league, and walking that line is an important skill to have. We've seen guys come over like Otamendi who are soft and get pushed around and walked all the time, and there is no shortage of examples of guys who go way too far and get booked all the time.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I think the pass was well done, but Morata's one touch pass was behind the other Chelsea player (don't remember who it was).

Eh, I thought it was the wrong decision. Alonso/Willian (I don't remember which) had so much space out wide, could've whipped it in to Morata.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Kane and Dele both run over in the box and nothing called. That's ok, just be consistent.

Should be 1-1, Spurs really dominated last 10 minutes. Dembele really good in the first half. Eriksen not much impact.

3 out of 5 "so Spursy" at the half.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Great defensive play by Luiz on that cross at the first post.

Spurs shouldn't be down at the half.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Serious question here, but how does having a bigger pitch effect Spurs so negatively (according to pundits)?

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Steven Gerrard has called Mesut Ozil a 'liability' away from home as Arsenal fell to their first defeat of the new season at Stoke on Saturday.

'I just worry about his reaction and body language - when the ball is turned over he offers his team-mates zero. Away from home he's a liability - he just doesn't do enough.

'It's clear to see that out of possession he doesn't want to know - he only wants to be on the ball, trying to create and making things happen.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...lity-claims-Steven-Gerrard.html#ixzz4qI6yl3j3

I saw that yesterday....I don't take anything StevieG says seriously.
He is contradictory in what he says,most of the time.
I believe it as him who said foreigners coming into the Premier league would bring in diving, yet he was the ***** of the bunch and was doing it routinely .

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I saw that yesterday....I don't take anything StevieG says seriously.
He is contradictory in what he says,most of the time.
I believe it as him who said foreigners coming into the Premier league would bring in diving, yet he was the ***** of the bunch and was doing it routinely .

He also said Joe Cole can do anything better than Messi.

That Ramsey was the best CAM in the league.

I rate him as a player, but take anything Stevie G with a grain of salt imo.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Serious question here, but how does having a bigger pitch effect Spurs so negatively (according to pundits)?

Bigger pitch hurts their press, but definitely not catastrophically. Also it may hurt their home field advantage a bit, a la West Ham, because of the transition to the new stadium.

But again it may be overblown.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Bakayoko hasn't played with his new team. Like, at all. He's also coming off injury.
Considering this, he has been pretty solid.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Bakayoko hasn't played with his new team. Like, at all. He's also coming off injury.
Considering this, he has been pretty solid.

Yea I know he's better than this, and he's definitely shown flashes of it in the game. Morata has been worse for sure, and Moses is a terrible replacement for Pedro or Hazard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad