Proposal: EP40 for Crosby

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Crosby isn't leaving Pittsburgh. And even if he would entertain the idea, why would he go to Vancouver? He has three cups already, and while Vancouver is in a great position to win one, so are other clubs as well that could offer other things. Like playing with McDavid, MacKinnon or Marchand.

Bringing a Cup to Canada cements him as a top 3 player all time IMO.

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
Crosby falling off hard is ridiculous. So you mean to tell me he's going to fall off hard while Pavelski, older mind you, didn't at a few years older?

For one, to entertain this idiotic idea to begin with, Crosby would be with Boeser and Miller would probably slide over to the LW.

Miller, Crosby, Boeser - Yeah I feel like Crosby would be fine producing while getting a ton of help with 2 wingers like that into age 39. So it would buy the Canucks another 3 seasons of him.

Also being away from an ignorant dipshit like Mike Sullivan would benefit Crosby as he would be on the Canucks and actually get a boost in powerplay points for his stats. You lot think Crosby's production is bad? The Pens powerplay is pure ass, if it was clicking in the 5-10 rank he'd have another 20pts not including how many more he'd have 5v5 just with better usage, he'd probably be 2nd or 3rd in points this season.

Currently for Centers - Sid ranks 7th for EVP at 45pts, he's 29th for powerplay points at 15pts for all Centers in this league. To give a better idea - JT Miller has almost as many powerplay points as Crosby does Even strength points.

Sid would produce incredible numbers in his 37-40 years just being away from the idiotic coaching.

Calm down, I’m not saying Sid won’t age well, but a 25 yo star player vs a 37 yo generational talent… the young star is the safer bet.

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
While this is unlikely, it is not impossible. Rutherford is aggressive. He knows Crosby well. Crosby knows Allvin and Rutherford and I expect he would be highly motivated to win another Cup, especially in a Canadian market. Crosby would cost less than Petey on his AAV which will help the Canucks cap situation going forward. I can only see this happening if both players agree on extensions.

Drew Doubty

Apr 4, 2010
Vancouver, B.C.
Crosby falling off hard is ridiculous. So you mean to tell me he's going to fall off hard while Pavelski, older mind you, didn't at a few years older?

For one, to entertain this idiotic idea to begin with, Crosby would be with Boeser and Miller would probably slide over to the LW.

Miller, Crosby, Boeser - Yeah I feel like Crosby would be fine producing while getting a ton of help with 2 wingers like that into age 39. So it would buy the Canucks another 3 seasons of him.

Also being away from an ignorant dipshit like Mike Sullivan would benefit Crosby as he would be on the Canucks and actually get a boost in powerplay points for his stats. You lot think Crosby's production is bad? The Pens powerplay is pure ass, if it was clicking in the 5-10 rank he'd have another 20pts not including how many more he'd have 5v5 just with better usage, he'd probably be 2nd or 3rd in points this season.

Currently for Centers - Sid ranks 7th for EVP at 45pts, he's 29th for powerplay points at 15pts for all Centers in this league. To give a better idea - JT Miller has almost as many powerplay points as Crosby does Even strength points.

Sid would produce incredible numbers in his 37-40 years just being away from the idiotic coaching.
Just because Pavelski hasn't, doesn't mean Crosby won't. Take a look at aging curves dude, even for superstars. Father time comes for all of us.

Wattsburgh

Apr 3, 2023
EP doesn’t make the Penguins a cup contender. Rather keep Crosby’s trophies and hang his banner.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I'm not saying I support the idea but EP doesn't get a f***ing say lol, he can choose not to re-sign with the Pens but right now hes still an RFA with no contract protection. If the Pens thought they could convince him over the year, idk good for them

Sid is a top 5 all time player that is still really f***ing good, I know the trade makes zero sense from an age perspective but its f***ing Sid, guys been a f***ing gamer his whole life. There are worse trades out there for sure.

VAN isn't selling him unless they get max value and they're not getting max value by selling him to a team he wont sign with.

Unless it's a Debrincat like situation and he only wants to go to one team, there will absolutely be multiple bidders, and a team he's not willing to sign with isn't going to outbid other teams.

And of course, this is all assuming VAN is put in a situation where they have to trade him.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
I'm not saying I support the idea but EP doesn't get a f***ing say lol, he can choose not to re-sign with the Pens but right now hes still an RFA with no contract protection. If the Pens thought they could convince him over the year, idk good for them

Sid is a top 5 all time player that is still really f***ing good, I know the trade makes zero sense from an age perspective but its f***ing Sid, guys been a f***ing gamer his whole life. There are worse trades out there for sure.
Generally when you trade a player of EP's quality, they definitely get a say. No team is going to give value for a player like that without having a good sense of if they will sign with them moving forward.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass

EP absolutely has a say. No team is giving up a haul to get someone who has no intention of playing with them no matter what.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
This deal sucks for the Penguins because Pettersson won't re-sign with them. Crosby for the rest of his career is more valuable than Pettersson for 1 year before he bolts for UFA to go to a contending team.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
It's not happening. The cornerstone of the Pens' franchise is not being traded midseason. This would be an absolute marketing disaster for the Pens.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Just because Pavelski hasn't, doesn't mean Crosby won't. Take a look at aging curves dude, even for superstars. Father time comes for all of us.
So you haven't watched Sid this season or understood a single thing I said, I see.

Calm down, I’m not saying Sid won’t age well, but a 25 yo star player vs a 37 yo generational talent… the young star is the safer bet.
I don't care about the deal I took issue with downplaying how effective Crosby is in a bad environment currently and going to a more supported environment for offense.

Also, if Sid was available and was ok with the canucks, JR and Allvin would probably jump at that regardless of it making sense or not.

Drew Doubty

Apr 4, 2010
Vancouver, B.C.
So you haven't watched Sid this season or understood a single thing I said, I see.

I don't care about the deal I took issue with downplaying how effective Crosby is in a bad environment currently and going to a more supported environment for offense.

Also, if Sid was available and was ok with the canucks, JR and Allvin would probably jump at that regardless of it making sense or not.
You said: "Sid would produce incredible numbers in his 37-40 years just being away from the idiotic coaching"

I'm saying: Just because he's still a beast now, doesn't mean will continue to be for the next 3 years. Age comes for us all and it tends to all at once not bit by bit. Take a look at Ovi, went from scoring 50 to 42 to now pacing for less than 30.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Why are there so many EP for Crosby threads and suggestions?

Is there a meme out there I missed or...?

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006

Just like Ovie not regressing as he ages...

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Just like Ovie not regressing as he ages...
If you can't tell the difference then there's no point in even explaining anything.

In either case, trade premise was ridiculous to begin with, then the misunderstanding of Crosby's situation, what a blast this was to discuss.

Reactions: Son Goku

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
There's no chance the Penguins ever entertain trading Crosby unless he wanted out. He has stated he wants to play his entire career with the Penguins and I don't doubt he will honour that.
100% they would if this offer was presented to them

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
100% they would if this offer was presented to them
You have to first understand what Crosby means to the city of Pittsburgh and the state of Hockey there, it would never be entertained unless Crosby himself forced them to.

I don't give a shit about the Gretzky bullshit - a broke ass team with a broke ass owner sold a player, this isn't that situation. The previous and current ownership have mandated keeping Crosby happy as a priority, Crosby is untouchable in that sense and some might want to misconstrue that as something it isn't and that's fine.

JR/Allvin can approach Dubas about Crosby and Kyle can listen all he wants, FSG and everyone above Kyle would veto that deal before Kyle can even ask them. The reports right now are literally - Everyone is available except Crosby and some of the main core.

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
If you can't tell the difference then there's no point in even explaining anything.

In either case, trade premise was ridiculous to begin with, then the misunderstanding of Crosby's situation, what a blast this was to discuss.
If you can’t understand that everyone eventually loses to Father Time then there’s no point in explaining anything.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
If you can’t understand that everyone eventually loses to Father Time then there’s no point in explaining anything.
If that's your answer, you've understood nothing.

Crosby's producing at his usual above a ppg self, while having one of the worst powerplay's in the league and missing 2 top 6 wingers he plays with, that boost he would get from the powerplay alone would have had him much higher in the points race and make his season look more impressive for his age. You put him in a scenario where he has a deeper top 6 behind a coach that gets more offense out of his team and a better powerplay, he will produce better in that situation than staying with Sullivan who has been tanking this team for a few years now and has a lot of players producing below their usual production - then go on to produce better away from him.

So you simply don't understand the situation and keep acting like you do and being offended. Not sure why comment then.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Now that Pettersson is going to re-sign with the Canucks, can we stop the pointless arguing of this thread?

Neither team does the deal. Penguins because Crosby means more for them than any sort of trade value you could put on him, Canucks because they're re-signing Pettersson long-term and he has more value going forward.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
You said: "Sid would produce incredible numbers in his 37-40 years just being away from the idiotic coaching"

I'm saying: Just because he's still a beast now, doesn't mean will continue to be for the next 3 years. Age comes for us all and it tends to all at once not bit by bit. Take a look at Ovi, went from scoring 50 to 42 to now pacing for less than 30.
Incredible numbers at 37-40 are what those numbers would be for that age.

if Joe Thornton at 39 was able to put up 51pts in 73 games, which are incredible numbers for that age, you think Crosby wouldn't be able to produce near that with the way his game is?

Or Joe Pavelski leaving the Sharks, being a winger and playing with younger talent like Robertson and Hintz didn't help his game at all? You think Pavelski would have continued to put those numbers up in San Jose with the talent they had around him vs Dallas? Pavelski at 37 and 38 had 81 and 77pts but Sid, pfff...in a better offensive environment! NEVAR!

Right...

Now that Pettersson is going to re-sign with the Canucks, can we stop the pointless arguing of this thread?

Neither team does the deal. Penguins because Crosby means more for them than any sort of trade value you could put on him, Canucks because they're re-signing Pettersson long-term and he has more value going forward.
It was a stupid ass proposal in the first place and somehow it's still unlocked.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
It’s hilarious to me that people actually think like this.
Now: "Bringing a Cup to Canada would make him a top 3 player of all time!"

*Crosby literally wills a Canadians team to a Cup*

Future: "Well, brining a Cup to Canada is nice and all but one time he only scored 36pts in 22games and you can't assume he would have kept that pace, so sorry, he's outside of the top 10, maybe even top 15."

Reactions: SomeDude

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad