Proposal: EP40 for Crosby

carjackmalone

Dec 30, 2023
Just a proposal

What if Elias P really does want out of Vancouver even at 12.5 per

Maybe an off season trade to Pittsburgh along with a Young Prospect for Sidney Crosby and Picks

Hear me out

Crosby is also looking to resign for around 8-10 for another 4 years let’s say

Four years of still prime Crosby is a good gamble if the canucks are in win now mode,an opportunity like this will not present itself again .

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
Just a proposal

Maybe an off season trade to Pittsburgh along with a Young Prospect for Sidney Crosby and Picks

Hear me out

Four years of still prime Crosby is a good gamble if the canucks are in win now mode,an opportunity like this will not present itself again .
Are you high? This makes no sense at all. Crosby is nearly a decade past his prime.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
It'd never happen in a million years, but it actually makes a lotta sense. Stanley Cups are really f***ing hard to win. Crosby is the only reason the Pens are even flirting with the playoffs. If you're the Canucks and you've identified your window as open now, there's few better players to go get. Crosby absolutely elevates them from contender to favorite. If you're Pittsburgh, the team is cooked and you're not gunna get better value than that.

Well done OP

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
It'd never happen in a million years, but it actually makes a lotta sense. Stanley Cups are really f***ing hard to win. Crosby is the only reason the Pens are even flirting with the playoffs. If you're the Canucks and you've identified your window as open now, there's few better players to go get. Crosby absolutely elevates them from contender to favorite. If you're Pittsburgh, the team is cooked and you're not gunna get better value than that.

Well done OP
Well maybe if the Nucks window is perceived as this season only, Crosby’s winner mentality and playoff experience could pay off and he’s still playing like a star player this season. However the Nucks would sell out all of Pettersson’s prime for one shot at the cup, as soon as next year Crosby might fall off hard. The total value of such a trade would be extremely lopsided in favor of Pittsburgh and risky for Vancouver as the small possible upside of having Sid in this year’s playoffs instead of EP would be a temporary boost and an expensive one.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
There's no chance the Penguins ever entertain trading Crosby unless he wanted out. He has stated he wants to play his entire career with the Penguins and I don't doubt he will honour that.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Well maybe if the Nucks window is perceived as this season only, Crosby’s winner mentality and playoff experience could pay off and he’s still playing like a star player this season. However the Nucks would sell out all of Pettersson’s prime for one shot at the cup, as soon as next year Crosby might fall off hard. The total value of such a trade would be extremely lopsided in favor of Pittsburgh and risky for Vancouver as the small possible upside of having Sid in this year’s playoffs instead of EP would be a temporary boost and an expensive one.
Crosby falling off hard is ridiculous. So you mean to tell me he's going to fall off hard while Pavelski, older mind you, didn't at a few years older?

For one, to entertain this idiotic idea to begin with, Crosby would be with Boeser and Miller would probably slide over to the LW.

Miller, Crosby, Boeser - Yeah I feel like Crosby would be fine producing while getting a ton of help with 2 wingers like that into age 39. So it would buy the Canucks another 3 seasons of him.

Also being away from an ignorant dipshit like Mike Sullivan would benefit Crosby as he would be on the Canucks and actually get a boost in powerplay points for his stats. You lot think Crosby's production is bad? The Pens powerplay is pure ass, if it was clicking in the 5-10 rank he'd have another 20pts not including how many more he'd have 5v5 just with better usage, he'd probably be 2nd or 3rd in points this season.

Currently for Centers - Sid ranks 7th for EVP at 45pts, he's 29th for powerplay points at 15pts for all Centers in this league. To give a better idea - JT Miller has almost as many powerplay points as Crosby does Even strength points.

Sid would produce incredible numbers in his 37-40 years just being away from the idiotic coaching.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
There's no chance the Penguins ever entertain trading Crosby unless he wanted out. He has stated he wants to play his entire career with the Penguins and I don't doubt he will honour that.
EP wants to win now, and would not want a long term deal with a team about to dive into a huge rebuild either..............it's a no from both teams.

EP seems to be waiting it out, until he sees the Nucks have some kind of playoff success?? Why would he not want a 12M for 8 year deal?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
EP wants to win now, and would not want a long term deal with a team about to dive into a huge rebuild either..............it's a no from both teams.

EP seems to be waiting it out, until he sees the Nucks have some kind of playoff success?? Why would he not want a 12M for 8 year deal?
If you were to go down this route, the Penguins wouldn't be suddenly just full rebuild mode.

They'd re-sign Pettersson, still have Guentzel, Malkin, Karlsson, and Letang. They'd maybe need to move out some cap to add some top 6 help but there's still a lot there.

The only issue is Mike Sullivan is an ignorant tit.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
If you were to go down this route, the Penguins wouldn't be suddenly just full rebuild mode.

They'd re-sign Pettersson, still have Guentzel, Malkin, Karlsson, and Letang. They'd maybe need to move out some cap to add some top 6 help but there's still a lot there.

The only issue is Mike Sullivan is an ignorant tit.
Somewhat agree, but Crosby may be aging well, but Malkin, Letang and Karlsson don't look to be.
I see the Pens out of the playoffs this year, and that, will cause concern for Dubas.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Just a proposal

Hear me out

Crosby will be 37 in August

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Crosby isn't leaving Pittsburgh. And even if he would entertain the idea, why would he go to Vancouver? He has three cups already, and while Vancouver is in a great position to win one, so are other clubs as well that could offer other things. Like playing with McDavid, MacKinnon or Marchand.

BB6

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
Why would EP want to go to a team that is about to enter a rebuild?
I'm not saying I support the idea but EP doesn't get a f***ing say lol, he can choose not to re-sign with the Pens but right now hes still an RFA with no contract protection. If the Pens thought they could convince him over the year, idk good for them

Sid is a top 5 all time player that is still really f***ing good, I know the trade makes zero sense from an age perspective but its f***ing Sid, guys been a f***ing gamer his whole life. There are worse trades out there for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad