GDT: Entry Draft 2015 - Part II - Disaster in Sunrise? - 10 AM NHLN - TVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWABoston

Aug 3, 2005
Boston, MA
I had a feeling this morning that the Bruins didn't reset their draft board when they acquired all those first round picks. The reaches they made likely mean they had Senyshyn targeted for the 2nd round pick and just picked up a round early because they liked him. No they essentially pass in the 5th round. NOT A GOOD LOOK.

thevikes

Mar 7, 2002
Visit site
Sweeney went to Harvard?

There has got to be something else. A wink and anod deal...something...Just when he was starting to dig himself out of a monstrous hole he does this! A fifth isn't a throwaway pick, particularly in a deep draft.

thevikes

Mar 7, 2002
Visit site
He also went at it with DuBrusk and...

apparently DuBrusk more than held his own. Lousy video over on Youtube (can I print that?).

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Nope.

Malcolm is #4 right now. HIm and McIntrye can split the duties. I think both have positive trade value.

We honestly needed this good moves to add 2 guys like Jones and McIntyre since Malcolm is an unknown firstly Rask cant get ran into the ground anad second he could always get injured.

I'd put Malcolm in the middle.

YNWABoston

Aug 3, 2005
Boston, MA
It appears Cameron Hughes was at one point highly touted, but struggled this year at Wisconsin. He was one of the best incoming recruits to College Hockey last year (according to somethings I read).

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Cameron? Cameron?

Ferris_Buellers_Day_Off_438.jpg

Donny Sweeney, you're my hero.

Shortvalley

Jun 7, 2012
Gothenburg, Sweden
Why didnt Sweeny take Andrew Mangiapane instead of Cameron Hughes? Well... i guess its a dumb question, its Sweeny we talking about.
But Mangiapane has alot more upside the Hughes.

"Mangiapane is one of the most underrated draft prospects in the 2015 draft. He has excellent speed and offensive instincts as can be seen as his 104 points. He is small but fearless and has continued to get better as he has grown as an OHL player. Offensively, he is one of the most talented prospects in the OHL and would be an excellent pick in the 4th or 5th round. (Tyler Parchem, EP 2015)"

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Overall as far as need filling, the Bruins did a fantastic job. I identified the biggest areas of need for their system as high end grinder types, high end LW talent, and D (particularly right shot D) months ago.

high end grinders (JFK, Gabrielle)
top tier type LW (debrusk and senyshyn)
D (zboril LHD, Carlo RHD, lauzon LHD, miller RHD (through trade)

Overall system depth

LW
DEBRUSK
SENYSHYN
CEHLARIK
GABRIELLE
BLIDH

C
SPOONER
KHOKLACHEV
HEINEN

FORSBACKA-KARLSON

RW
PASTRNAK
CONNOLLY
DONATO (He has to make the switch right)

D
MORROW
O'GARA
GRZCELYK
MILLER
ZBORIL
CARLO
LAUZON

GOALIE
SUBBAN
MCINTYRE
VLADAR

we've turned into the blue jackets

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Carlo is a great great pick. So is Lauzon. Shocked that he was still available TBH. Don't know anything about Karlsson, but sounds like he is solid. Bs did a great job in the second round.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Overall as far as need filling, the Bruins did a fantastic job. I identified the biggest areas of need for their system as high end grinder types, high end LW talent, and D (particularly right shot D) months ago.

high end grinders (JFK, Gabrielle)
top tier type LW (debrusk and senyshyn)
D (zboril LHD, Carlo RHD, lauzon LHD, miller RHD (through trade)

Overall system depth

LW
DEBRUSK
SENYSHYN
CEHLARIK
GABRIELLE
BLIDH

C
SPOONER
KHOKLACHEV
HEINEN

FORSBACKA-KARLSON

RW
PASTRNAK
CONNOLLY
DONATO (He has to make the switch right)

D
MORROW
O'GARA
GRZCELYK
MILLER
ZBORIL
CARLO
LAUZON

GOALIE
SUBBAN
MCINTYRE
VLADAR

we've turned into the blue jackets

Where is Fitz ? HEINEN is a center ?

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Where is Fitz ? HEINEN is a center ?

Heinen lined up at center for DU a lot last year. Think he played wing some as well. Fitz is after all of the other centers. He'll have a tough time cracking a top 9 role with boston I think

Bruzin

Jan 13, 2003
Berlin
Visit site
The Bruins really had a fantastic draft overall

I like it as a whole. The Bruins certainly added much needed depth at every position (having that many picks in the first 2 rounds will do that). Let's hope some of that quantity turns into quality.

Yes, they left a few hyped players on the board, but pre-draft rankings don't mean much when you're talking about 18-year-old hockey players.

If you were told last week that the Bruins drafted Zboril, DeDrusk and Carlo, fans would be stoked. Add Senyshyn and Lauzon, who have the Dom and Kirk seals of approval, and I think the Bruins made some intriguing choices.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I like it as a whole. The Bruins certainly added much needed depth at every position (having that many picks in the first 2 rounds will do that). Let's hope some of that quantity turns into quality.

Yes, they left a few hyped players on the board, but pre-draft rankings don't mean much when you're talking about 18-year-old hockey players.

If you were told last week that the Bruins drafted Zboril, DeDrusk and Carlo, fans would be stoked. Add Senyshyn and Lauzon, who have the Dom and Kirk seals of approval, and I think the Bruins made some intriguing choices.

Problem is we have two more gaping holes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad