Rumor: Enroth to the leafs?

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
May be a done deal, but can't be "official" until they know what's going on with the Cowen fiasco? Depending on the grievance this could effect the Leafs cap number, could it not?

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Was hoping to see an update here. With Horton to be placed on LTIR once the season starts and only Marincin to sign there should be no issues with signing Enroth to a two year 2.5-3 million dollar deal (1.25-1.5AAV) if that is likely what we are offering-no source just my opinion.

I know this is not the thread but when is Cowen's hearing?

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
simplified, we basically got Andersen, Kapanen, Rychel and Greenway
for Phil. (assuming the 2nds cancel out)

nothing wrong with that, and If any of those prospects pan out and phil continues his 25g/55-60pt trend its a win for the leafs

Pens won a cup and Phil was arguably their best player in the playoffs.

It is a win for Pittsburgh no matter how Toronto's end turns out.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
May be a done deal, but can't be "official" until they know what's going on with the Cowen fiasco? Depending on the grievance this could effect the Leafs cap number, could it not?

You can go 10% over the cap during the off season. Presently we have 1.3 in cap room and then the injured reserve space we can manufacture. Cap is not an issue.

My guess it is either about term or Lou is still kicking tires. One thing that gives me pause on this is the constant mention of Anderson's size by our management team, we may want a bigger guy.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
trading Bernier for no assets, and then giving up assets to acquire a backup would be stupid.

Flawed statement, trading Bernier created cap space, an asset. If we get anyone who performs as good or better for less we have improved and that is worth assets. If we get someone who is exempt from expansion and has starter potential(or at least solid back up for years to come potential) it is worth more assets still.

Short of trading Bernier to sign a worse goalie for the same money this is a no lose situation.

I was a big Bernier fan but it just wasn't working for him here and with Anderson in we did not need a starter controversy. He had to go.

Last edited:

Hally BlackWood

Jul 31, 2010
Thunder Bay
I still think Wedgewood or kinkaid make sense. Devils know there going to lose one to waivers so the price would be low. Lou brought them in and it probably wouldn't cost more then say a josh leivo type player or dman.

another thought is leafs defense consist of Rielly zaitsev
Gardiner Polak
marincin carrick
hunwick corrado

Maybe Hunwick ? Devils could use another Defense in case merrill ***** the bed.

JohnnyO

Aug 10, 2008
Figured if this was legit it would have been done by now. Wonder what the hold-up is?

Hally BlackWood

Jul 31, 2010
Thunder Bay
Figured if this was legit it would have been done by now. Wonder what the hold-up is?

Well it leaked before he signed and Lou doesn't like that kind of stuff. Maybe Enroth or his agent leaked it. If so don't be surprised if lou walks away from him. Lou doesn't talk about deals and keeps talks between him and the players.

JohnnyO

Aug 10, 2008
Well it leaked before he signed and Lou doesn't like that kind of stuff. Maybe Enroth or his agent leaked it. If so don't be surprised if lou walks away from him. Lou doesn't talk about deals and keeps talks between him and the players.
Could be. Hopefully they get it done think he would be a great pickup.

Mad Brills*

Well it leaked before he signed and Lou doesn't like that kind of stuff

Leafs interest in matt martin leaked and he was fine with giving him an overpay.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
You can go 10% over the cap during the off season. Presently we have 1.3 in cap room and then the injured reserve space we can manufacture. Cap is not an issue.

My guess it is either about term or Lou is still kicking tires. One thing that gives me pause on this is the constant mention of Anderson's size by our management team, we may want a bigger guy.

You're bringing in a stopgap #2 goalie. Not a goalie for the future. Who cares about size if he can stop the puck and play some games at a respectable level. His play in Buffalo should prove he is more then capable of playing on a bad team as a backup goalie.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

cant imagine that being a problem. nearly 1.7 million in space.
send matthews and nylander to the AHL for a day before the season starts saves another 1.8, giving them about 3.5 for marinicin and enroth. then they ltir robidas and horton to save 8 mil and call willie and auston back up the first say of the season

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I still think Wedgewood or kinkaid make sense. Devils know there going to lose one to waivers so the price would be low. Lou brought them in and it probably wouldn't cost more then say a josh leivo type player or dman.

Gardiner Polak
marincin carrick
hunwick corrado

I'd do wedgewood for leivo as a leafs fan because he has a bit of upside. Kinkaid, I can't imagine Lou giving up anything for

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Not if that "asset" is say.

Lupul for Niemi

This way Dallas frees up a spot for Bishop and we could expose Niemi in the off season

Even if we retained the million on Lupul I can't see the Stars wiling to take on Lupul even to get rid of Neimi but hey stranger things have happened.

Plus if Lupul will be on LTIR then I would rather go with Enroth for 1.5 per.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Gardiner Polak
marincin carrick
hunwick corrado

Wedgewood does seem like a good target for the Leafs.

Mad Brills*

wedgewood would also probably be passed next summer in expansion draft right?

ForSpareParts*

Toronto has zero plans in regards to their back-up goalie back-up plan.

Mad Brills*

Toronto has zero plans in regards to their back-up goalie back-up plan.

They literally can't even put sparks on a nhl roster until the cowen stuff is sorted out.

IME

Feb 21, 2008
The Cloud
They literally can't even put sparks on a nhl roster until the cowen stuff is sorted out.

Why not? The Leafs can exceed the cap by 10% in the offseason. Once the season starts, they can put Robidas (and maybe Lupul) on LTIR, and have to send down at least once defenseman as they currently have nine on the NHL roster.

More than enough room for Sparks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad