Rumor: Enroth to the leafs?

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
I never really liked Enroth, but for some reason his name has been circulating around for a while and other Leafs fans have latched onto it.

Pretty much because he's better than any other option, without giving up assets. And if we need to give up assets to get a backup, well then we should have kept Bernier.

Last edited:

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Sparks was fine. He got injured and Toronto rushed him back to get him playing as many games as possible for the tank and to get the 70 game pre-requisite so they can expose him in the expansion draft.

Unless they're signing Enroth to a multi-year deal.

Sparks has a 5 hole i could drive my car through...and worse rebound control than Reimer. He also lost his Marlies starting spot in the playoffs to Bibeau.

Mad Brills*

Winning the Draft Lottery and being first at the podium > winning the Stanley Cup perhaps?!?

You can't be serious if you thought the roster opening night last year was cup worthy.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
You can't be serious if you thought the roster opening night last year was cup worthy.

I think he was trying to say we've got enough to move forward and start trying to improve to win, not tank and collect endless 1st overalls like a certain team.

I agree with that. And this management group will absolutely do what they can to make this team as good as possible starting from this off-season.

There will be no tanking from Leafs management this year. We'll still get good picks next draft but they won't be making roster decisions for any reason other than putting the best team on the ice and developing the promising youth.

StevenDean

Jun 27, 2016
Are you sure every team has to expose a goalie? Don't think that's true. D and F, yes. Teams can only protect one goalie -- everything else they have is exposed.

The rule was quoted above. Every team must make a goaltender available. Bibeau and Sparks are eligible for this if we qualify or extend them. Same with Enroth if it is a one year deal.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
They didn't dump bernier for nothing. He was part of the Anderson deal. It only happened afterwards because Bernier was due a bonus (2M i believe) just before the Bernier trade and Anaheim didnt want to pay it.

Isn't it sort of Bernier, Sam Steel and Kessel for Andersen?

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Isn't it sort of Bernier, Sam Steel and Kessel for Andersen, Kasperi Kapenen, Kerby Rychel and James Greenway?
Fixed it for you.

let me fix it for you with the full updated Kessel trade:

Phil Kessel
Jonathan Bernier
2 months of Daniel Winnik
2 months of Roman Polak
Tim Erixon
Tyler Biggs
Brad Ross
Conditional 2017 5th round pick

for

Frederik Andersen
Kasperi Kapanen
Martin Marincin
Kerby Rychel
2 months of Zach Sill
72nd overall pick in 2016 (J.D. Greenway)
San Jose's 2nd round pick in 2018
Conditional draft pick (Anaheim)
7 years of 1.2M salary retention

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Fixed it for you.

The net trade (so not listing pieces acquired and traded off, i.e the Sam Steel pick) is:

Kessel, Polak*, Erixon, Biggs, '16 2nd (Bjorkqvist), '17 5th
FOR
Andersen, Rychel, Kapenen, '16 3rd (Greenway), '18 2nd

*Polak was packaged with Spaling (acquired for Kessel) for Torres (now gone via FA), '17 2nd (effectively traded for Andersen with '1st from Kessel deal) and the '18 2nd.

Interestingly, it can all be traced back to Kaberle being traded away, and is easier to visualize here:
dDWNPlZ.png

Last edited:

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
The net trade (so not listing pieces acquired and traded off, i.e the Sam Steel pick) is:

Kessel, Polak*, Erixon, Biggs, '16 2nd (Bjorkqvist), '17 5th
FOR
Andersen, Rychel, Kapenen, '16 3rd (Greenway), '18 2nd

*Polak was packaged with Spaling (acquired for Kessel) for Torres (now gone via FA), '17 2nd (effectively traded for Andersen with '1st from Kessel deal) and the '18 2nd.

Interestingly, it can all be traced back to Kaberle being traded away, and is easier to visualize here:
dDWNPlZ.png

simplified, we basically got Andersen, Kapanen, Rychel and Greenway
for Phil. (assuming the 2nds cancel out)

nothing wrong with that, and If any of those prospects pan out and phil continues his 25g/55-60pt trend its a win for the leafs

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
simplified, we basically got Andersen, Kapanen, Rychel and Greenway
for Phil. (assuming the 2nds cancel out)

nothing wrong with that, and If any of those prospects pan out and phil continues his 25g/55-60pt trend its a win for the leafs

Well, yes, but also needed to give Erixon (no loss), Biggs (really no loss), Polak (a roster player - got him back though), Bjorkqvist (2nd rd prospect), and a 5th.

If we want to simplify trades by cutting out the details, then we got Andersen for Bernier.

ForSpareParts*

This thread sucks!

Kidding. I am starting to really question the source and the truth to this possible deal.

I wonder if a one year contract can't be worked out until they know the status of the Kris Russell deal.

;)

Mad Brills*

I wonder if a one year contract can't be worked out until they know the status of the Kris Russell deal.

Leafs have 8 dmen under contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad