Rumor: Enroth to the leafs?

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Not that I think Wedgewood is bad, the thing is he only has 4 NHL games played. I'd go for an experienced goalie.

Ive been wanting to sign Enroth since the Bernier trade, but if they dont want to because it leaked I guess we can snag Reto Berra off waivers from FLA.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Why not? The Leafs can exceed the cap by 10% in the offseason. Once the season starts, they can put Robidas (and maybe Lupul) on LTIR, and have to send down at least once defenseman as they currently have nine on the NHL roster.

More than enough room for Sparks.

And Horton too, no?

I wouldn't mind Enroth as the back-up but I would also be okay with grabbing Hutchinson on waivers from Winnipeg.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Why not? The Leafs can exceed the cap by 10% in the offseason. Once the season starts, they can put Robidas (and maybe Lupul) on LTIR, and have to send down at least once defenseman as they currently have nine on the NHL roster.

More than enough room for Sparks.

Yup we're fine.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Not that I think Wedgewood is bad, the thing is he only has 4 NHL games played. I'd go for an experienced goalie.

Ive been wanting to sign Enroth since the Bernier trade, but if they dont want to because it leaked I guess we can snag Reto Berra off waivers from FLA.

Not doing it just because it leaked would be idiotic.

The reason we likely have done nothing yet is because we're still waiting on the arbitrator to tell us if we are stuck with Cowen or not.

Mad Brills*

Once the season starts, they can put Robidas (and maybe Lupul) on LTIR

For the 1000 time.

LTIR isn't a slam dunk for both those guys.

Robidas is likely, but isn't 100% and lupul doesn't have a major injury like robidas did where the NHL would gloss over it.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
For the 1000 time.

Robidas is likely, but isn't 100% and lupul doesn't have a major injury like robidas did where the NHL would gloss over it.

Lupul gets hurt if he breathes wrong he will be on LTIR

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

They already said they want an experienced guy so you can take Wedgwood out.

IME

Feb 21, 2008
The Cloud
For the 1000 time.

Hence the "maybe"

But really, if all they need room for is Enroth, putting Horton on LTIR should be enough (I omitted Horton from my initial comment).

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
True, but then they're screwed for bonuses next season

We have Laich 4.5, Michalek 4, Greening 2.65, Cowen 3.1, Robidas 3, Polak 2.25 coming off the books and can be replaced by internal options on the cheap. We have no real impending free agents expecting huge raises to worry about and the UFA market is expected to suck again. Its not a big deal if we get dinged with an overage penalty. As has been mentioned many times.

Mad Brills*

We have Laich 4.5, Michalek 4, Greening 2.65, Cowen 3.1, Robidas 3, Polak 2.25 coming off the books and can be replaced by internal options on the cheap. We have no real impending free agents expecting huge raises to worry about and the UFA market is expected to suck again. Its not a big deal if we get dinged with an overage penalty. As has been mentioned many times.

That's true. Only difference is that instead of 18 in cap space, they have 10 million or so.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
Sparks was fine. He got injured and Toronto rushed him back to get him playing as many games as possible for the tank and to get the 70 game pre-requisite so they can expose him in the expansion draft.

Unless they're signing Enroth to a multi-year deal.

Signing Enroth to a multi-year deal would be a blessing for every other team in the league.Nothing like adding a small not very good goalie to your roster.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Add Hunwick and his 1.2 as well

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Signing Enroth to a multi-year deal would be a blessing for every other team in the league.Nothing like adding a small not very good goalie to your roster.

Whoever comes will be one year for the expansion.
Not every GM is like Bergevin.

I like Enroth, but if Hutchison is available, him.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
Enroth was interviewed in a Swedish hockey podcast ("NHL-timmen") and basically said that a few teams have made enquiries but he hasn't even discussed terms (salary) with a team yet. He's willing to a wait a few weeks more but he's beginning to look at Europe as well.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Much like the Vesey Saga this is another one that needs to die.

Either sign this guy or look at other options he's a backup he can't be asking for the moon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad