Line Combos: Engvall-Kampf-Mikheyev Appreciation Post

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
I think we have a large enough sample of these three getting hard matched to the other teams best players, buried in the dzone night after night and outplaying their opposition to talk about how crazy this line is. All three guys are rangy, tenacious, and fast. One of, if not the best checking lines in hockey for under 4 mil.

Another great night from these three tonight after shutting down the Hintz/Pavelski/Robertson trio the game prior.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Great line overall. I still curse Engvalls name 2-3 times every game.
Waiting for @Teeder Keon response here lol.

It'll probably involve a giraffe but I will say... 3rd line has been fantastic.

Engvall lately has been impressing but he still has those moments in the offensive zone where I think he just finished a session with cheech and chong.

Jokes aside they deserve the praise forsure. If Leafs get this in the playoffs I think it'll go a long way.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC

Engvall lately has been impressing but he still has those moments in the offensive zone where I think he just finished a session with cheech and chong.

Jokes aside they deserve the praise forsure. If Leafs get this in the playoffs I think it'll go a long way.
Can’t argue with those takes you make !

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC

Our third line

“ The Zoo Line “
1647576036703.jpeg

Last edited:

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
I wish we could keep this line intact next year but Mik is likely leaving..
it would be nice to have it still and then fourth line should just be an agitator, physical forecheck line. Right now our fourth line has no identity

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Speed, defensive awarenesses, and tenacity. It's a nice combination.

Even if they don't generate a lot of offense, you can rely on them to keep the puck out of your net and also push a good forecheck to gain some momentum.

Reactions: Eric bungay

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
I always believed in Engvall and Micky through thick and thin. Kampf has been a nice addition. All three can fore check and skate well. I'm not surprised other teams are having fits. The reach, the size all of it they got it.

Reactions: Lauro

Frostitute

Feb 9, 2022
Northern Ontario
3rd line has been absolutely fantastic. Like a lot of people I am still seeing some things I don't like with Engvall but he seems to be improving.

Kind of reminds me of Gardiner in a sense, although they obviously play different positions. All the skill and skating ability in the world but makes bone headed plays that stand out and is afraid of contact.

No one is perfect though and at his price, let alone his level of experience, I should probably just stfu lmao.

Keeper goin' boys! Do this in the playoffs and imma have to buy me a Kämpf sweater.

Reactions: Eric bungay

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I wonder if there’s any convincing Mik to stay. Even 1 more year after this would be huge. Considering we just found this elite 3rd line combo this year, it will suck if this one season/playoff is all we get from it.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Thanks to this #3 line, if Dubas can find a "heavy" top 6 LWer to play with Tavares, imagine a 4th line of Kerfoot, Spezza, Kase or Clifford, Kerfoot, Kase if you need some muscle. All of a sudden you might have scoring depth that cannot be contained.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I wonder if there’s any convincing Mik to stay. Even 1 more year after this would be huge. Considering we just found this elite 3rd line combo this year, it will suck if this one season/playoff is all we get from it.

Show him the money and he will stay.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
This line has been outstanding. Micheyev is such a beast. I really hope we can convince him to resign. Such an intelligent hockey player. He knows when to take the ice that's given to him, and he just has a motor on him that is always running at top gear. Even in his scoring woes last season, he was an extremely effective player. Now that he is contributing offensively, it's just a massive bonus.

I know he had requested a trade before, but I hope we have mended that relationship. He's just too valuable down the lineup IMO

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
If only Mikheyev had an actual "move" once he drives to the net.... I don't think I've ever seen a guy use his skating so well to get clear paths to the net, but then have absolutely no idea what to do with it.

That being said, you have to give huge kudos to this trio for how they're controlling the puck. The one concern I have for the Leafs going in with these guys as the 3rd line, is whether they have enough of a physical edge to wear down other teams star players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad