GWT: English Premier League: 9/24 - 9/26/2016

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Why is it a bloody shame though? What has Sakho done to get this kind of cult hero status with Liverpool? He's been injured, inconsistent, and a relatively constant distraction at Liverpool. He got benched at PSG for players most people would probably not want to have starting with Liverpool and he's never been a consistent starter.

He's completely overrated. Lovren/Matip is a better pairing anyway, and while he'd be good depth to have he's obviously not looking to play a bench role.

It's a shame because he's shooting himself in the foot. Things that are well within his control. IIRC you haven't rated him that much in the past (which is fair), but I thought he had decent ability. I'll give you he was inconsistent, but I had hoped if he smoothened that out he could be a solid contributor.

However, he's persistent on being unprofessional. It'll cost him in terms of being a Liverpool player. We'll definitely be fine, especially with how Matip and Klaven have played thus far, however it sucks to see Sakho squander his ability. Especially something that is fixable.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I think some fans are overreacting the actual negative impact of Sakho with Liverpool.
I'm pretty sure that if you switch him with Lovren or Klavan since the beginning of the year and the results wouldn't be different. Sakho is a good player but he is a bit too social media centric which is not helping him... I do think he is still a solid defenseman no mater what people say. That being said it's maybe the time to move him before it becomes a bigger distraction. It's a shame but Liverpool have enough depth to cover for him and he needs to play on the first team not on the reserve.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad