GWT: English Premier League: 9/24 - 9/26/2016

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
So this Lallana character is quite good as a central midfielder.

Yep. One of the best things Klopp has done at this club. He's answering all the questions about him that carried over from last season.

He's changed the formation to fit his team better.
He's replaced Moreno as a starter (finally).
He's replaced Mignolet as a starter (finally).
He's learning how to deal better with teams that pack it in and look to hit on the counter (jury still out, but recent results are positive).
He's organized the defence and given some stability to it (including bouncing a guy like Sakho who is turning out to be a problem, on top of his poor and inconsistent performances for the team at times).

Finally, Klopp has taken Lallana and dropped him deeper on the field where every strength he has is more effective. Even at Southampton he didn't have as big an impact when he was playing in an advanced position. Moving him deep has made him so much more effective. Obviously the team and tactical style suit him well also, but he has really invigorated Lallana as a player.

It's still early obviously, but Klopp can take a bow for how he's handled himself.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
That's because you don't see much.
And I still defend him yet he's a Chelsea player.

Sure. So I mean, when everyone was slating him on the board before he made the big move to PSG you were his biggest supporter/defender on this board, right? That's my bad, like I said I didn't see it. Glad for you to have corrected me.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Conte finding out that there are no easy games in the PL.

Uh, this comment is a bit off. Why would he think Arsenal or Liverpool are easy? If it was Burnley, I could see the comment being relevant. They were found wanting from two of the better sides right now. That's not a cause for panic, though if they can't find Hazard it is.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Sure. So I mean, when everyone was slating him on the board before he made the big move to PSG you were his biggest supporter/defender on this board, right? That's my bad, like I said I didn't see it. Glad for you to have corrected me.

And yet another time in fact.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
So I guess West Ham sucks again? Is it too soon to say last season was a mirage? They really look terrible.

mmk786

Mar 3, 2004
Uh, this comment is a bit off. Why would he think Arsenal or Liverpool are easy? If it was Burnley, I could see the comment being relevant. They were found wanting from two of the better sides right now. That's not a cause for panic, though if they can't find Hazard it is.

That was tongue in cheek, since so many here like to take pot shots at the premier league and the lack of tactical know how amongst the managers, even including Wenger in there.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Payet isn't the problem, schoolboy defending is. West Ham was hardly airtight last campaign, but it was nothing like this. I give Bilic till the 10 game mark to sort it out.

Every summer signing bar Feghouli has looked like trash. And I think Winston Reid has suffered some kind of traumatic head injury because he has no idea what's going on. There's too much talent in the team to be playing this poorly.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Re: Sakho - From one tactical visionary to another: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=108546997&postcount=106

greggy.png

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Depends how you mean it. Big signings are always expected to be the best players. It's like for example Everton paying £30m for Bolasie. Why the hell would any team do that?

When they aren't, you don't see many people saying they were good signings. For £34m that Chelsea just paid for Luiz I think there's some expectations there. Especially playing in a Conte team.

I think he's being judged fairly for how much teams pay for him. You've judged other players just the same so I'm not seeing the big deal here. I think a team could get a better defender than Luiz for that price.

Bolasie has probably been Everton's 2nd best player behind Lukaku. Totally worth the 30M.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Payet isn't the problem, schoolboy defending is. West Ham was hardly airtight last campaign, but it was nothing like this. I give Bilic till the 10 game mark to sort it out.

Every summer signing bar Feghouli has looked like trash. And I think Winston Reid has suffered some kind of traumatic head injury because he has no idea what's going on. There's too much talent in the team to be playing this poorly.
Not surprising since they bought a random assortment of trash.More than 40 million for the likes of Ayew and Zaza is pure madness.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->