GWT: English Premier League: 8/13 - 8/15/2016

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Caballero isn't that good with the ball at his feet either though.

Even worse I'd say. Well, at least based on the one match I saw him play vs. Dortmund. Committed several blunders against high pressure. I fully expect City to buy another keeper in the coming weeks. Maybe they'll smash the record transfer for a keeper on ter Stegen.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Hi guys I am so excited for tomorrow's sellout at St James' Park for the match against Hudd...

3204840swsw.gif

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
He's better and the article said he wants ter Stegen instead of making either of them the starter.

Nothing wrong with looking for an upgrade, but suggesting that you're going to drop your starter before even signing a better goalie is foolish. What if that transfer doesn't work out? You're stuck with a player you've pissed off and messed with because he isn't perfect.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The transfer will work out because he's Pep Guardiola and Manchester City has a pile of money. The normal what if's don't necessarily apply here.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
:laugh: laughing at Newcastle makes me miss Stray Wasp

I can only imagine the gap in eloquence between my own post and his thoughts on PL opening day as an outsider (again).

But feel free to drop down to the lower league thread and laugh at us there.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Wouldn't get a work permit.

Neither would Gabriel Jesus or Marlos Moreno which is why those guys were loaned out.

He needs a separate work permit for England? I mean he's been playing in Spain for the past 2 years. Also La real aren't playing in Europe this year so, he's not cup tied. Maybe, a January transfer?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If Hart is out, Liverpool has to be knocking for him, no???

I thought Hart would have been a good fit but he looked lousy at the Euros and his play must have really deteriorated for Pep to drop him like that.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
That Hull strip is a relegation certainty btw. If they get more points than Villa last year I'll be surprised.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Leicester always struggled against teams that wouldn't press that much last year. Still, they look a bit disjointed with all the new guys in the squad.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Leicester gunning for 20 penalties this season? Getting off the mark early with one they don't deserve.

I mentioned this before, and the media didn't talk about it that much, but IMO the penalties were a HUGE part of their title run last year.

And yes, I may be salty, because I felt at least half of them were weak calls.
Much like this one.

Or to be more specific, this was never a penalty, simply outside the box and Dean was right there and still gives it.
Bizarre.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
How hard would it be to check a replay to ensure it is out/in the box?

That certainly is more conclusive than determining the intentionality (if it's not a word it is now!) of a handball, right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad