GWT: English Premier League: 2/6 - 2/7/2016

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Why should ownership possibly care that a bunch of paying customers left at the 77th minute, when it's all but guaranteed they will be back next week paying again?

Best way to send a message as a fan is to not give the club your money at all.

Hilarious that they blew a 2-0 lead after the walkout. :laugh:

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
They're not the ones potentially being kept out of Anfield by the raise.

It doesn't really require an understanding of the issue. It's like rich people joining Occupy Wall Street.

Perfect analogy.

I agree with the sentiment that it's weird to have showed up at all if you want to show you're unhappy.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Very professional win by Spurs. After the game earlier when City lost, they could've gotten excited that all that stands between them and leading the Premier League is Leicester, and slipped up against Watford, but they've done a very good job to get the win.

The injury to Vertonghen SHOULD hurt a team, but having guys like Wimmer/Trippier/Davies available to play, means Walker/Rose/Alderwierald are being rotated in and out so Spurs can always have a solid back 4. Really little difference, if any, to Rose/Walker/Trippier/Davies.

And since Wimmer has replaced Verts due to injury, Spurs have won both matches with clean sheets.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Why should ownership possibly care that a bunch of paying customers left at the 77th minute, when it's all but guaranteed they will be back next week paying again?

Best way to send a message as a fan is to not give the club your money at all.

Hilarious that they blew a 2-0 lead after the walkout. :laugh:

Except there will always be people to buy those tickets. It's a demonstration. You guys are like the same people that sit at home and bash unions yet have no concept of why they came about in the first place. Complacency is the first step of turning "fans" into "customers".

Anyway, I'm probably going to get in trouble so I'll stop, but true fans of LFC understand what's going on and support it. Ironic, they being called "crappy" though.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Except there will always be people to buy those tickets. It's a demonstration. You guys are like the same people that sit at home and bash unions yet have no concept of why they came about in the first place. Complacency is the first step of turning "fans" into "customers".

Anyway, I'm probably going to get in trouble so I'll stop, but true fans of LFC understand what's going on and support it. Ironic, they being called "crappy" though.

Your first mistake is thinking fans and customers are mutually exclusive labels.

How this has anything to do with unions, I have no idea.

The "true" fan stuff is just presumptuous hot air.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
If you need the lowest priced tickets, I understand the protest. Maybe those tickets have been in your family for a few generations and because of your financial situation you honestly cannot afford the raise. That's honestly sad to see and I feel for them.

But the people with more expensive seats joining in on the protest smells more like xenophobia to me.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Demonstrations are nice, but if they have no chance of accomplishing anything there isn't much of a point to them. Ownership will ignore this, not care, and move on. As will the fans who all walked out, they will be back spending money on their club soon enough as if nothing happened.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Your first mistake is thinking fans and customers are mutually exclusive labels.

How this has anything to do with unions, I have no idea.

The "true" fan stuff is just presumptuous hot air.

It's a very bad comparison.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
If you need the lowest priced tickets, I understand the protest. Maybe those tickets have been in your family for a few generations and because of your financial situation you honestly cannot afford the raise. That's honestly sad to see and I feel for them.

But the people with more expensive seats joining in on the protest smells more like xenophobia to me.

Erm, xenophobia? Comes off more as patronizing to me.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
We all know that but injuries have not helped at all.

They have one quality player and the rest are mid table quality.

They just blew a 2-0 lead against a team that will be relegated. That has nothing to do with injuries.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site

Then I'm not a real Liverpool fan.

Too bad.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Erm, xenophobia? Comes off more as patronizing to me.

So you don't appreciate the support of someone who has nothing to gain by walking out, except to help you?

Many people are not renewing their season tickets and will continue with the demonstrations. Just because some don't have any conviction doesn't mean they lack in it as well. This is a very serious issue for people who have been Liverpool fans since before you were born. You know the generation that made Anfield what it is.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
So you don't appreciate the support of someone who has nothing to gain by walking out, except to help you?

Many people are not renewing their season tickets and will continue with the demonstrations. Just because some don't have any conviction doesn't mean they lack in it as well. This is a very serious issue for people who have been Liverpool fans since before you were born.

Yet the season tickets, that will not be renewed by those fans, will be bought by other people. I don't understand what you are trying to get at here.

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York
ok, plato.

Time to step up and deliver a 3pt image.

steve-mcclaren-derby-newcastle-united-nufc-650x400.jpg

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

Many people are not renewing their season tickets and will continue with the demonstrations. Just because some don't have any conviction doesn't mean they lack in it as well. This is a very serious issue for people who have been Liverpool fans since before you were born. You know the generation that made Anfield what it is.

"Yeah, we'll throw you peasants a bone and walk out this one time. I'll be back next week at my £300, pitch side seat."

Borderline insulting and mostly disingenuous for me.

I don't buy for a second that the people in those seats won't renew because blue collar supporters are being priced out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad