GWT: English Premier League: 2/6 - 2/7/2016

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Tony BarrettVerified account
‏@TonyBarretTimes
Liverpool considering a review of elements of their new ticket price structure in light of Saturday's protests at Anfield.

Klopp on protests: "Now I know it is my problem too. We need to find a solution."

They cancelled the Q&A session today as well as a result. The backlash from the Kop gained not only nationwide but worldwide attention. They can't ignore it, and there are some rumblings of it possibly having an effect on other clubs as well as their supporters look at how the Liverpudlians stood up against the ticket prices.

What crappy fans.

For those that like a light read: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=326024.0

Last edited:

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
They cancelled the Q&A session today as well as a result. The backlash from the Kop gained not only nationwide but worldwide attention. They can't ignore it, and there are some rumblings of it possibly having an effect on other clubs as well as their supporters look at how the Liverpudlians stood up against the ticket prices.

What crappy fans.

For those that like a light read: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=326024.0

Good read.

I've also read this: http://www.espn.co.uk/soccer/club/l...walk-out-anfield-amid-fury-over-ticket-prices

Dave Usher: Because Liverpool want to increase gate receipts by £2 million even though Premier League clubs are about to receive a huge windfall from the new TV deal. Ticket prices are already extortionate, and this was an opportunity for the club to reward fan loyalty by lowering prices without being any worse off.

My season ticket for next year has increased by over £100 and has now broken through the £1,000 barrier. My dad has been going to Anfield since the 1950s, but now says he's done with it, while I will probably have to move to a more affordable part of the stadium. We've had those seats for over 20 years, but loyalty counts for nothing in modern football.

If the club weren't prepared to be reasonable on prices this year, when they could, then what hope is there of them ever lowering prices in the future?

I can't help but feel like lowering ticket prices is uncommon in these times.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
That's because, unfortunately (and especially in England), the big clubs look at soccer as a business before they look at it as entertainment. The two are obviously intertwined, but with the amount of money these days coming in from sponsorship, TV deals, sales, etc. they are in the best position they've ever been in to offer affordable gate prices for the relatively small financial hit it would give them.

But again, unfortunately, they look at every opportunity to gouge as much money as possible and they've managed to convince a lot of fans that it's necessary or 'not a big deal'. Complacency has allowed it to continue and only acts like this will really stop it in its tracks.

Like I mentioned before German fans have been proactive in the past at shutting stuff like that down as it's starting. More sports fans should be...just look at concession prices at games. It makes no sense what people are willing to pay.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008

What crappy fans.

"Considering a review of elements" sounds like lawyer speak to shut fans up for the time being.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=326090.0

A great many of you have objected strongly to the £77 price level of our most expensive GA seats and expressed a clear expectation that the club should forego any increased revenue from raising prices on GA tickets in the current environment.

Message received.

After an intense period of consultation with LFC management we have decided to make major revisions to our ticketing structure for 2016/17:

· Removal of game categorisation – regardless of the opposition fans will pay the same price for matchday tickets.
· The pricing of tickets will be readjusted to result in zero revenue growth from GA ticketing on a like for like basis.
· Though individual ticket prices may move marginally from this season, we are freezing our 2016/17 GA ticket revenue at the 2015/16 level exclusive of newly added seats in the new Main Stand.
· The price of our highest General Admission ticket will be frozen at the 2015/16 level - £59.
· The price of our highest Season Ticket will be frozen at the 2015/16 level - £869. The lowest price reducing a further £25 from the 2015/16 level to £685, as well as all other tiers being frozen or reduced.
· £9 GA seats will be offered for each and every Premier League match, an allocation of more than 10,000 tickets across the season.

We would hasten to add that the other initiatives announced last week in the 2016/17 plan will remain:

· 17-21 young adult concession – 20,000 tickets across the Premier League season available at a 50% reduction for young people.

· 1,000 tickets to Premier League matches across the season will be given away free of charge to Liverpool school children based on merit, as recommended by their teachers.

As a sign of our commitment to this improved ticketing structure, we are further announcing that this plan shall be in effect for both the 2016/17 and 2017/18 seasons. For the next two seasons, LFC will not earn a single additional pound from increasing General Admission ticket prices.

We believe we have demonstrated a willingness to listen carefully, reconsider our position, and act decisively. The unique and sacred relationship between Liverpool Football Club and its supporters has always been foremost in our minds. It represents the heartbeat of this extraordinary football club.

:yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->