GWT: English Premier League: 12/28 - 12/30/2015

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Except the fact that Chelsea was 100% healthy at this point last year, and Arsenal haven't had Sanchez, Cazorla, Wilshere, Welbeck, Walcott, Coq, and Ramsey for periods.

Please read the remainder of my post, as I make it pretty clear that I don't genuinely have any issues with this Arsenal team

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Except the fact that Chelsea was 100% healthy at this point last year, and Arsenal haven't had Sanchez, Cazorla, Wilshere, Welbeck, Walcott, Coq, and Ramsey for periods.

The title was also essentially guaranteed to Chelsea this point last year.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Player of the season : Mahrez
Signing of the season: Alderweireld
Manager of the season: Ranieri (Poch if Spurs can win League)
Young player of the season: Alli

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003

Agreed on all of these.

I think Arsenal wins the league. Followed by Man City and Spurs. I honestly don't know who the fourth team will be. Probably United. They prove me wrong every week but I still can't quite believe Leicester is going to be there in the end (though it would be great if they were, as long as it isn't at Spurs expense).

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Top 7 for me:

1. City
2. Arsenal
3. Tottenham
4. Liverpool
5. Leicester
6. United
7. Chelsea

Player of the Season - Mahrez
Signing of the Season - Payet (Sterling a close 2nd)
Manager of the Season - Pochettino
Young Player of the Season - Barkley or Lukaku

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Top 7 for me:

1. City
2. Arsenal
3. Tottenham
4. Liverpool
5. Leicester
6. United
7. Chelsea

Player of the Season - Mahrez
Signing of the Season - Payet (Sterling a close 2nd)
Manager of the Season - Pochettino
Young Player of the Season - Barkley or Lukaku

i don't see how Liverpool jumps that many teams...

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Arsenal won't be winning the title. They have to play away at City, Utd, Liverpool, Stoke, Everton and Spurs. This is usually when the wheels will begin falling off. I can't see them winning more than 1 game from those fixtures.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
i don't see how Liverpool jumps that many teams...

Is it really that hard to see? They've been great against the big teams in the league (though still working on breaking down parked teams) and a win today will put them at 30 points, only 5 behind Tottenham and 9 behind Leicester (who will almost certainly go through a big drop in the 2nd half). That leaves 18 games to make up a 5 point gap to the top 4. Not really unreasonable at all, or hard to imagine given they've already played most of the toughest fixtures.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Is it really that hard to see? They've been great against the big teams in the league (though still working on breaking down parked teams) and a win today will put them at 30 points, only 5 behind Tottenham and 9 behind Leicester (who will almost certainly go through a big drop in the 2nd half). That leaves 18 games to make up a 5 point gap to the top 4. Not really unreasonable at all, or hard to imagine given they've already played most of the toughest fixtures.

They can make it up, I'm just curious if they will. Still look really inconsistent. Oddly enough, if Rodgers was still there, I'd be MORE confident since he had the track record for going on runs in the 2nd half. Still not sure what to expect from this squad from Klopp here in the short term (long term I think they'll be fine).
Of course, I just said United will be 4th and it isn't like they're setting the world on fire, so what they hell do I know?

Fun season.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Indeed was just a bit miffed especially since Liverpool could be level with United after today and United look much, much worse ATM.

Lots of weird things happen over a season though so it's just as possible that Liverpool could finish 7th or lower even, depending on their ability to cope with mid and bottom table teams.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Indeed was just a bit miffed especially since Liverpool could be level with United after today and United look much, much worse ATM.

Lots of weird things happen over a season though so it's just as possible that Liverpool could finish 7th or lower even, depending on their ability to cope with mid and bottom table teams.
Liverpool have butched so many winnable games it's sad... Newcastle, Watford, West Brom... it's not like they are setting the world on fire. The skills is there but they are so mentally weak.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal

Given that I predict Leicester to drop from top 4 position by the end of the season, and the fact that I think Mahrez won't be able to sustain his level of play, I think Ozil will take best player of the season.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Firmino's got zero confidence right now. Can't really seem to do anything right.

So far he is the flop signing of the season for me. I expected so much more from him.

Say what you want about Sterling not being worth the money, but his buy is looking better than Benteke and Firmino at the moment.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I know he's not overly productive, at least not yet, but Lallana has been great under Klopp and makes some really nice, intelligent plays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad