GWT: English Premier League: 12/26

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Was just watching the highlights of Newcastle-Everton. Little surprised by Elliot's performance. He made some pretty good saves. Bad punch on the goal but I think Mitrovic may have taken away his sight of the ball.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Arsenal could have gone top of the table but instead they went to Southampton 4 nothing.

They'll still be top of the table within a week or two. Leicester's fixtures during this crowded part of the season are very unfortunate, and these fixtures tend to kill the legs of players.

Arsenal have some difficult matches ahead, but if they could get three points (combined) from the Stoke/Liverpool away matches and three more points at home to Chelsea, they could start pulling away by the end of February, which is a much easier month for them.

Hawks Win

Apr 24, 2015
They'll still be top of the table within a week or two. Leicester's fixtures during this crowded part of the season are very unfortunate, and these fixtures tend to kill the legs of players.

Arsenal have some difficult matches ahead, but if they could get three points (combined) from the Stoke/Liverpool away matches and three more points at home to Chelsea, they could start pulling away by the end of February, which is a much easier month for them.

February is short but from my perspective very difficult. We have an FA Cup game, and back to back games at home vs Barcelona for ECC and away at Man. U. The visit to Bournemouth could hide a surprise.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC

I think all three of those matches are going to be tall orders for Arsenal. They always have problems playing Stoke, Liverpool is 50/50, and Arsenal is mentally incapable of beating Chelsea in a league match, with or without Mourinho. You could be right, but after today I'm horribly pessimistic.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
The whole thing started when one of yours started barking on a post describing this game. And his tone had a reason- a grudging and bitter lfc fan. Yes- that's the average description of one.

"Look at us, how great we are". You are great in what? What you top in England? Man. U- 20 league wins, Arsenal- 12 FA cup wins. Where are you? I will tell you- you are far back in the past.

In what you are top? Of course a delusional fan will start moaning about those 5, 4 of which were won in times long passed when football was very different- you turn it back to the keeper and he catches it.

In 2005 everyone is convinced that the bookies went in to manipulate the result. Keep rejoicing.

Since when am I a liverpool fan?

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
It also depends on who stays healthy and who actually buys.

If Arsenal actually open the wallets, they should win it.

I strongly feel they don't need to spend so much in the Winter transfer window to have a legitimate shot at the title this season. They'll have guys like Welbeck, Coquelin, Wilshere, Rosicky, etc return from injuries and those are as good as any signings.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
If you want to rely on guys who are made of glass, by all means, do so.

Sanchez is certainly the trump card, but at the same time, does Ozil's form last the whole season?

It's one thing for other clubs to spend them money, but it's not like Arsenal doesn't have it to spend. They just won't.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
The whole thing started when one of yours started barking on a post describing this game. And his tone had a reason- a grudging and bitter lfc fan. Yes- that's the average description of one.

"Look at us, how great we are". You are great in what? What you top in England? Man. U- 20 league wins, Arsenal- 12 FA cup wins. Where are you? I will tell you- you are far back in the past.

In what you are top? Of course a delusional fan will start moaning about those 5, 4 of which were won in times long passed when football was very different- you turn it back to the keeper and he catches it.

In 2005 everyone is convinced that the bookies went in to manipulate the result. Keep rejoicing.

2005 was rigged, wow you are a delusional Arsenal fan.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
"biega hit his own man gryba"

10/10

Only now, 5 hours later, do I realize I posted this in the wrong thread.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Henderson and Lovren were brilliant and it was a good team performance. Nice to watch. Lovren's turn-around under Klopp has been incredible. I'm convinced that Lovren-Sakho could be a great pairing moving forward as long as they are protected adequately by our midfield.

Nice to keep Mahrez and Vardy quiet though. I still think the team needs to become more clinical in general, but also Benteke not finishing that chance at the end of the game was just clownish -- no way in that situation should there ever not be a goal.

Arsenal doing Arsenal things.

Last edited:

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Not really sure why some people are thinking that the sky is falling with Arsenal here. Dropping the 3 points today would've been rough had we not gotten the result against City on Monday.

It's frustrating, but it isn't that big of a deal. Not too many teams will grab all the points during this holiday stretch.

It just is what it is. This team are still favourites.

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York
Was just watching the highlights of Newcastle-Everton. Little surprised by Elliot's performance. He made some pretty good saves. Bad punch on the goal but I think Mitrovic may have taken away his sight of the ball.

Elliot's made a decent case for himself.
Still prefer Krul myself but he's been a pleasant surprise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad