GWT: English Premier League: 1/2/2016-1/3/2016

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
As much as we crap on Mignolet for his shortcomings, you have to feel for him on a day like today.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
They have three strikers more suited, all hurt.

They better spend. I know the value isn't there, but this club needs more talent injected. Injuries are derailing what could be better results, but they don't have enough good players to do what Klopp wants.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm not so sure. Klopp struggled with this type of team in the Bundesliga as well...it's just not as common. He might just have a hard time in general in the EPL unless he learns how to set up against this kind of team. We just about gave up 3 near identical goals this game.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Your team has been ****. Deal with it.

I fail to see where I made excuses. They don't have the quality or proper instruction to break down teams that defend with 9 in the box.

If you're upset because people are commenting on the teams playing deep, I don't know what to tell you. "Deal with it".

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Mignolet best player for Liverpool today

that missed chance by Allen sums it up. free header. FREE.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
lol how annoyed do you think Benteke is that he's been begging for any kind of service all game and then little Joe Allen comes off the bench and gets a free header

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I fail to see where I made excuses. They don't have the quality or proper instruction to break down teams that defend with 9 in the box.

If you're upset because people are commenting on the teams playing deep, I don't know what to tell you. "Deal with it".

People being you? I kind of hope you keep going to be honest.

Anyway, I wouldn't quite label this a sterling West Ham performance either. Defend and attack with pace. Pretty simple formula, able to execute well enough today against a poor team.

Payet back will be huge. The man is a god. Created three "A" chances in 20 minutes.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It wasn't "tiring" then...

The only thing tiring about bus parking/deep laying/whatever you (not you specifically) want to call it is people complaining about it.

It works. Winning matters. Style doesn't matter unless you are winning.

It infuriates me that managers don't adjust their teams in order to get those teams either out of their shape, or attack it effectively. If you know what of coming be ready for it.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
People being you? I kind of hope you keep going to be honest.

Anyway, I wouldn't quite label this a sterling West Ham performance either. Defend and attack with pace. Pretty simple formula, able to execute well enough today against a poor team.

Payet back will be huge. The man is a god. Created three "A" chances in 20 minutes.

I'm sorry that your team has to play with 10 behind the ball and only breaks on the counter. It must be fun to watch and all.

Payet is quite the player though. Not sure how he ended up at West Ham of all places.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
As though that would somehow be relevant.

I'm sorry that your team has to play with 10 behind the ball and only breaks on the counter. It must be fun to watch and all.

It is relevant when you act this way with opposing fans and yet you probably failed to see the problem when your own team won the CL by playing 10 men behind the ball all the way to the final.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

Payet is quite the player though. Not sure how he ended up at West Ham of all places.

You can be sorry all you like, it doesn't bother me.

That 10 bell football really came through for you guys today. At least you were entertained, right?

Only negative today was Lanzini coming off. Probably quashes the rumored Liverpool move, though I think he'd be crazy to make the step down.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm not too worried about the loss; I don't really have any expectations for Klopp's first season. I just like to watch the games. You just seemed sensitive so I thought I'd apologize.

It is relevant when you act this way with opposing fans and yet you probably failed to see the problem when your own team won the CL by playing 10 men behind the ball all the way to the final.

I think there's a big difference between a consistent playing style and being forced to play that way because you're facing probably the best team in the world on paper. That said I know you're only jawing because it's me commenting since you love to complain about negative styles all the time. I've always said I prefer style over results though so I don't see how it's relevant to me. Am I happy they won the CL? Yeah, as anyone would be as a fan of the team...that doesn't mean I support playing negative football.

Obviously to you it's ok as long as it's against Liverpool.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I'm not too worried about the loss; I don't really have any expectations for Klopp's first season. I just like to watch the games. You just seemed sensitive so I thought I'd apologize.

I think there's a big difference between a consistent playing style and being forced to play that way because you're facing probably the best team in the world on paper. That said I know you're only jawing because it's me commenting since you love to complain about negative styles all the time. I've always said I prefer style over results though so I don't see how it's relevant to me. Am I happy they won the CL? Yeah, as anyone would be as a fan of the team...that doesn't mean I support playing negative football.

Obviously to you it's ok as long as it's against Liverpool.

Oh make no mistake, I find no joy in watching my team defending with 10 men.
Thankfully, my team never does it. Even when they played poor football in 98 when they won that WC, they didn't play with 10 men back.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
When we start spending 35million pounds on a striker I'll start complaining about style, how about that? You want uneven resources and then to whine about how teams counter it?

There's nothing wrong with defending as long you're competent on the ball and can create once you have it. That's the difference between defending by the skin of your teeth, a la Fat Sam.

As is, this was hardly a full strength attacking unit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad