GWT: English Premier League: 1/12 - 1/13/2016

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
That's an underratedly difficult save for a keeper even still. You're moving across and it's hit at your feet so you can't get down and use your hands. Really have to use your feet which is hard to do well. De Gea happens to be great at kick saves.

I actually always kinda wonder where the best place for shots like that is. Conventional wisdom would seem to say back post but that's where I'm busting my ass to get to as a keeper. Would rather a shot there than near post, although near post is a lot harder to hit.

Gonna wanna see replays of that tackle....that's a good no call

Oh, it's certainly still a really good save, but at glance I thought it was a poorly place shot. Seemed to be in the middle 3rd of the net as opposed to being towards either corner. Although admittedly I haven't seen many replays so I may be mistaken.

And that's a good setup and finish. Nice through ball, nice control by Ronney and a solid shot to finish it.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Oh, it's certainly still a really good save, but at glance I thought it was a poorly place shot. Seemed to be in the middle 3rd of the net as opposed to being towards either corner. Although admittedly I haven't seen many replays so I may be mistaken.

And that's a good setup and finish. Nice through ball, nice control by Ronney and a solid shot to finish it.

Think it was too, just commenting more generally.

Wijnaldum has some talent.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
#justvangaalthings

I'm just happy we scored two goals in the first half, was expecting the usual snooze fest.

They've been a lot more open today. Players seem more willing to take passes and run forward and get early crosses in versus slowing it down and standing around in the attacking third for 10 minutes at a time.

We'll see if Van Gaal puts his foot down at half and makes them play a boring closeout :laugh:

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
I think the inclusion of Lingard in place of Mata is making a big difference. Look at the ground Lingard makes up for the second goal. Mata would've been so far back he would've given up and started writing his weekly blog post.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad