GWT: English Premier League: 1/12 - 1/13/2016

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
vHuSHrl.jpg

No idea what kind of team Liverpool can field for this game.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
two huge games in liverpool-arsenal and tottenham-leicester, should be exciting

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
two huge games in liverpool-arsenal and tottenham-leicester, should be exciting

Looking forward to the Kolo Toure-Steven Caulker CB pairing tomorrow vs Arsenal.

Be afraid. I know that I am.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Leicester has started fading quite a bit IMO; Tottenham will handle them I think.

I really like our chances against Arsenal...Klopp's direct, high pressing style will unsettle them I think and if he's smart enough to be heavy on Ozil it'll cut out a lot of their effectiveness.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
tbh would be thrilled with a point against Arsenal

Would be thrilled with a point at Anfield.

The team was pretty lucky to come away with a clean sheet last meeting. Should've came out with three points as Ramsey's goal was onside but oh well.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Rooney scores on a penalty against the run of play.

Commentators saying it's harsh. Mbemba had his arm in an unnatural position. I agree with it personally.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
No way that was an intentional handball. Come on.

Handball calls in football in general are so stupid and erratic.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I don't think it was harsh at all. Mbemba put his hand in the air where defenders rarely do. The odds he'd strike the ball with his arm from that position with somebody behind him are quite high.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yea, as I see more replays, the issue is that he's intentionally stretching his arm out to make himself bigger. Even though he's not doing it to get the ball and instead doing it to get the player, it's still not a natural position.

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
Not sure if its due to the presence of Voldemort in the stands but the atmosphere at SJP seems dire tonight.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
De Gea made a good save, but the shot has to be in a better spot if you expect to score on that.

That's an underratedly difficult save for a keeper even still. You're moving across and it's hit at your feet so you can't get down and use your hands. Really have to use your feet which is hard to do well. De Gea happens to be great at kick saves.

I actually always kinda wonder where the best place for shots like that is. Conventional wisdom would seem to say back post but that's where I'm busting my ass to get to as a keeper. Would rather a shot there than near post, although near post is a lot harder to hit.

Gonna wanna see replays of that tackle....that's a good no call

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad