GDT: End of the season availability

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Not much personality in this group....we need a Brett Hull or Bieksa type of personality on the team. At least make some of these interviews interesting...add a bit of levity or something.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Seems the group really didn’t think highly of BB from a coaches perspective

Reactions: andora

gringo

Jul 13, 2022
Bears comments were pretty unequivocal about the state of the coaching when he arrived … ugly

Reactions: MarkMM

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I wish someone had asked Boeser about his off season training plans. Seems like he needs to do better and I believe Tocchet made a comment that indirectly implicated Boeser.
Tocchet said that he would like to be involved in Boesers training this summer.

full-metal-jacket-r-lee-ermey.gif

• Haha
Reactions: sting101

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
You would think the media would have prepared themselves with good questions knowing that they had a limited time to get answers. Did you have fun in your first year in NA, are you upset about missing the ROTY cut off by a few months, was it good for you guys to have a positive finish to this year, the Petey Miller relationship, the Beau about Bo comments, Luke Hughes, rooting for the brothers?.....i could go on and on here but for anyone that watched that WTF was that?

Were they unaware this was coming? Sure set the table for a bunch of generalizations when i thought they could have pinned down some guys for accountability and candid answers. Maybe they should be collaborating to avoid the fluff

How about what do you think led to the poor start from a team and individual standpoint, what specifically are you working on this off season and where do you think you can get to as a player or what role do you see yourself in next year, Are you happy with where your game is at?.... for Pearson what is the likelihood of being able to play next fall. Could have come at each of these guys for some answers that would have been half way interesting anyway.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Tocchet said that he would like to be involved in Boesers training this summer.

View attachment 689158

I’m all for monitoring Brock, although it should be a strength and conditioning coach. Fitness isn’t like a school project where you can do nothing for two weeks then cram before the assignment is due. Gradual progression is key. Training harder than the body can handle can lead to joint problems, chronic fatigue and a whole lot more. Maybe this could be a reason why Boeser is always injured during camp or pre season. It’s not necessarily about getting them to train harder, but training earlier.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
You would think the media would have prepared themselves with good questions knowing that they had a limited time to get answers. Did you have fun in your first year in NA, are you upset about missing the ROTY cut off by a few months, was it good for you guys to have a positive finish to this year, the Petey Miller relationship, the Beau about Bo comments, Luke Hughes, rooting for the brothers?.....i could go on and on here but for anyone that watched that WTF was that?

Were they unaware this was coming? Sure set the table for a bunch of generalizations when i thought they could have pinned down some guys for accountability and candid answers. Maybe they should be collaborating to avoid the fluff

How about what do you think led to the poor start from a team and individual standpoint, what specifically are you working on this off season and where do you think you can get to as a player or what role do you see yourself in next year, Are you happy with where your game is at?.... for Pearson what is the likelihood of being able to play next fall. Could have come at each of these guys for some answers that would have been half way interesting anyway.
Most with 5 minutes of prep would have better questions.

Unfortunately, as usual, they were as hard as someone suffering from ED.

• Haha
Reactions: sting101

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I’m all for monitoring Brock, although it should be a strength and conditioning coach. Fitness isn’t like a school project where you can do nothing for two weeks then cram before the assignment is due. Gradual progression is key. Training harder than the body can handle can lead to joint problems, chronic fatigue and a whole lot more. Maybe this could be a reason why Boeser is always injured during camp or pre season. It’s not necessarily about getting them to train harder, but training earlier.
Agreed..every pre season it seems like he pulls his groin ,or something is up..

Reactions: sting101 and MS

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
When will management be speaking? And will Aquilini dare show his face?

If Fredolini does show up he would've already bought an entire room full of "reporters" and "journalists" asking him fluffy kitten tail questions, so that he can slam dunk everything and look like a big shot.

• Haha
Reactions: GranvilleIsland

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Not much personality in this group....we need a Brett Hull or Bieksa type of personality on the team. At least make some of these interviews interesting...add a bit of levity or something.

Zero personality - compared to the 2011 teams this team has the personality of a wet napkin

Also Petey’s comments regarding staying in Van seem a bit… off?

Reactions: Canucker

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
Player " I really like having coach set systems and standards. Looking forward to getting a good start to next season. No, really need a good start to next season, and coach Travis Green is just the guy to help us. Er I meant coach Bruce........ ohh snap I said said coach Tochet didn't I?"
3u6f.gif

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
I wish someone had asked Boeser about his off season training plans. Seems like he needs to do better and I believe Tocchet made a comment that indirectly implicated Boeser.
Yeah he made a comment regarding his foot speed and being better in his off season training, which would indicate his conditioning yet what did Tocchet do after... Just reward him over and over again, which made no freaking sense.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Nobody makes multiple jumps in skating levels at the age of 26. Boeser is who he is as a player. Honestly, if he could finish like his rookie season he would be a useful player still.

Reactions: Lindgren

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad