GDT: End of the season availability

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Watched the ending of the group 1 media availability.

-Hronek REALLY doesn’t enjoy talking to the media. Extremely short answers with some being one word
-Miller mentioned a lot of off-ice distractions at the start of the year
-Miller says he has more belief going into next season; relief to have stability over the summer
-talk of better structure and accountability with Tocchet from Pettersson
-Miller says that he and Pettersson have grown into friends; his earlier comment about needing to work on their relationship was in-regards to having completely different personalities and hobbies; likened it to being asked to become friends with a stranger off the street

Reactions: bh53 and Lindgren

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
I moved my posts over here and now I’m the king of this thread! Someone post the “I’m the captain now” gif for me. I’m on my phone.

5D524FF5-3801-42FD-A8ED-E7C3862232C0.gif

calnuck

Nov 26, 2010
CA

Well, that explains a lot

It definitely explains some of it but I don't think he's going to come back and blow people away next year but. It would be nice if he wasn't a total liability though so hopefully he can rehab during the summer and not be a complete mess.
Also, if his foot was broken and he was struggling WHY WASN'T HE SHUT DOWN? The medical staff was turned over so there's really no excuse. This makes me start thinking, because this has been a huge problem going back to Hodgson, that ownership is meddling in shit they have no business meddling in. I find it very difficult to believe that 2 different medical staffs can be this incompetent.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Group 3 was Kuzmenko, Mikheyev, Myers, and Pearson.

-Kuzmenko used Mikheyev as a translator
-sounds like Mikheyev will be in Vancouver almost the entire off-season; Kuzmenko back sometime in August
-Pearson obviously couldn’t and didn’t want to say much

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

Well, that explains a lot

We already knew that..He's only been healthy 25% of the entire time he's been here.

Given his injury history, there's a very good chance he's going to spend more time in LTIR than playing.

I'm not buying into the 'he's cooked' or 'broken' yet, until I see him 'healthy' next season

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
My stupid ass left cardboard outside overnight and it's now damp...

That being said, the damp ass cardboard has more personality than some of these guys.

edit: Pearson at least having some edge.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
There’s 0.01% chance we’re buying out OEL this year. They probably won’t be able to move enough cap space to sign a Gavrikov and will pigeonhole OEL beside Hronek for 2 years.
He’ll look marginally better next year but still stink.

Reactions: BimJenning and quat

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
My takes on the video.

Everyone is optimistic about next season, and everyone, particularly Miller, really appreciates playing for Tocchet.

Hronek looks a little uncomfortable which is perhaps understandable based on the fact that he's wedged between veteran star Canucks and he's hardly played for the team at all. He really has no established baseline to use as a reference to comment about anything.

Petey and Miller are not at all alike, but they're learning how to love each other.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
It's kind of hilarious that a positive season now is one where everybody gets along and enjoys one another's company.

There were some tough times for sure, but then JT found these amazing snickerdoodles at this place in the west end, they were usually still warm when he got to the rink, and someone would usually bring lemonade.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Burroughs with the nervous look of a guy who suspects he won’t be back

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
I will not be surprised in the least to see the majority of the main group back for another year, including Myers. I could see the first round pick being traded for more immediate help, because waiting for youts to develop takes too long.

Ownership believes this is a winning roster.

I'll be surprised if Pettersson signs another contract with the Canucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad