GDT: End of the season availability

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
I will not be surprised in the least to see the majority of the main group back for another year, including Myers. I could see the first round pick being traded for more immediate help, because waiting for youts to develop takes too long.

Ownership believes this is a winning roster.

I'll be surprised if Pettersson signs another contract with the Canucks.
You'll be surprised if an RFA signs another deal with their current team?

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Myers, Boeser, OEL

are all holding the team back. You have almost 20m in salary right there taking opportunities from other people who deserve it way more. As much as id like to have hope they are going to turn it around, it just isnt realistic.

There have to be difficult decisions to be made this summer.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Can we just get rid of these interviews? The players obviously hate them, and they are the same every year. It’s not like I’ve never heard they they need to be better prepared for next year before.

Reactions: calnuck

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Overall pretty run of the mill. One thing I took away was that the players like Tocchet and the new coaching staff, who are putting a lot of effort into helping the players improve individually as well as instituting a system. I think they liked Bruce but they prefer having Tocchet.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
One of the softest media groups on Earth. The horror.
Amen.....can you imagine what the end-of-season presser would be like in Boston, New York or Philly, if their team had missed the playoffs three years in a row, and eight of the past 10 seasons?

Can you imagine Jim Benning conducting a post-season presser in those markets? Fact is, there's a lot more 'cheerleaders' in the Vancouver media market than there are objective critics.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Amen.....can you imagine what the end-of-season presser would be like in Boston, New York or Philly, if their team had missed the playoffs three years in a row, and eight of the past 10 seasons?

Can you imagine Jim Benning conducting a post-season presser in those markets? Fact is, there's a lot more 'cheerleaders' in the Vancouver media market than there are objective critics.
Our media basically held Benning’s hand through his “availabilities”.

Reactions: quat

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
You'll be surprised if an RFA signs another deal with their current team?
A year away from ufa on an organization that has pissed away the past 3 seasons believing they were better than they showed on the ice?

At what point will expectations match the on ice product and results? What is the underlying reason they miss their targets?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I wish someone had asked Boeser about his off season training plans. Seems like he needs to do better and I believe Tocchet made a comment that indirectly implicated Boeser.
Maybe the answer should be that the team gives the players instructions or targets to hit for fitness.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Myers, Boeser, OEL

are all holding the team back. You have almost 20m in salary right there taking opportunities from other people who deserve it way more. As much as id like to have hope they are going to turn it around, it just isnt realistic.

There have to be difficult decisions to be made this summer.
I think Myers and Boeser are moveable with a small sweetener in Myers case.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
My takes on the video.

Everyone is optimistic about next season, and everyone, particularly Miller, really appreciates playing for Tocchet.

Hronek looks a little uncomfortable which is perhaps understandable based on the fact that he's wedged between veteran star Canucks and he's hardly played for the team at all. He really has no established baseline to use as a reference to comment about anything.

Petey and Miller are not at all alike, but they're learning how to love each other.
Swede dropping by
Heard some flack on here about Millers personality. But the way he described the situation between him and Pettersson was both professional and personal, closing in on the issue at hand in an apropriate manner. He seems very diplomatic.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Players do really seem to like Tocchet, similar to Bruce but Tocchet does seem like hes got the ideal mix of hardass and player’s coach for the modern era. Hopefully his systems and lineup management are legit too.

Brutal for Pearson, if the team doctors really did do him wrong and mess up his wrist/hand long term then I hope he takes every penny he can from the Canucks. It’s one thing to cost a guy games, but to have it impact his quality of life and derail his career is another level.

Gurn

Jan 23, 2023
Player " I really like having coach set systems and standards. Looking forward to getting a good start to next season. No, really need a good start to next season, and coach Travis Green is just the guy to help us. Er I meant coach Bruce........ ohh snap I said said coach Tochet didn't I?"

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad