End of Season Pressers (Monday May 15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
He should be ashamed of himself if he is pulled the "took a toll" card. I don't think he did.

Like they discussed on Kyper, they should be concerned that the season took a toll on a 37 year old. They also mentioned Maurice and Rutherford having to step away for similar reasons.

I honestly can't understand why they want him back and are willing to put things on hold until he makes a decision. Then again, this organization hasn't won a cup since it was a "House League".

Why would Shanny actually offer Dubas an extension? That is so weak. I wish Larry Tannenbaum would just turf both of their asses, to be honest with you

myleafs

May 25, 2021
There was definately an alterior motive to dubas crying. It’s a manipulative move. Now it could be that he wants more. I just want to know what he means by “it’s been hard on my family”. Like how hard could it be making a 7 figure salary and being set financially…was his wife being harassed when she went out in public?
I might be way off base but the timing of his statements was interestng. It feels a little like when a runner pulls up with a "hammy" when they were about to be beat in a race. Just when the shit was about to hit the fan he hits us with emotion (almost crying) family stuff so now all the attention is on is Dubas Ok I hope Dubas and his family are ok rather than wtf just happened again and what are we going to do about it. Same as the runner who pulls up....nobody is mentioning that they lost the race just are they ok. My cynical thought.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I burnt out in a job that MANY people look at and go "how hard could it be, I'd love your job".

Work is work is work. No matter the compensation or how "cool" it is, and stress is something that effects everyone.
I don't think it benefits him to publicly acknowledge how hard it's been on him and his family. If they are being "harassed", the types of people that engage in that sort of behavior are just going to ratchet it up knowing they are "getting to him"

myleafs

May 25, 2021
I don't think it benefits him to publicly acknowledge how hard it's been on him and his family. If they are being "harassed", the types of people that engage in that sort of behavior are just going to ratchet it up knowing they are "getting to him"
I didnt hear him say harrassed.....bringing your job home and not being connected to your family as a result seems more likely.

Reactions: andora

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
There are basically two possible outcomes here. He either walks away and possibly throws away a career in professional upper lever hockey or he gets back to works to try and fix the mess he has put himself in.
At this point I don’t care which one he chooses…………just get er done

Shanahan officially gone into hiding
He went into hiding in his ivory tower near the start of the season

"officially" ?
Witness protection. Lol

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
Ignorance seems to be what you're pushing.
He's been around long enough to know exactly what the pressures of the job entail.
I for one don't think Dubas is ignorant and would know exactly what he's gotten himself into.
This season wouldn't be some eye opener for him.
EVERYONE says he knows what hes in for. Burke knew, Nonis, Ferguson JR, etc etc. they all got overwhelmed. they all left with pissy press conferences where they did not like the media in this town.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
Matthews' NMC kicks in July 1st. We need to make sure we don't lose a valuable asset for nothing. And if wants to re-sign whats he looking to re-sign for? No point in singing Matthews to the max contract allowed in the CBA because we are going to ruin the cap and won't have enough cap left to insulate lack of scoring from the core pieces with quality depth who can put up production in post season.

We need to be mindful of the salary cap, team composition for success and have a foresight for planning the future of the organization. Competent management group would think long term and make decisions based on that,

Hell Mack took less pay so that Avs can sign his colleagues. he only took 600K more than McDavid so that he doesn't get into trouble with NHLPA
now you are just making stuff up. NO NHL player will eve sign for the max. Neither will Matthews.

Matthews cap % is 14.64 and if the cap is $83.5M next season that makes his starting off point $12.22M. $12.7M makes him the highest paid in the NHL. $500k is not worth talking about. BUT if Matthews is negotiating off of what the cap will be when his contract extension kicks in, the cap could be $87.5M on the low end and $90M on the high end. SO that makes him cap hit 12.8-13.5M based on his current cap %.

Reactions: Racer88

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
Maybe it would have been better for his family if he didn’t trade for Matt Murray. You wanna make it easier on your family ? How about WINNING!
his family should never be involved. PERIOD.

That’s the life he chose, this is no secret that they are nut bags in society that do this, to anyone in the public eye. If his family is being harassed, do I feel bad? Of course. Should he have blindsided everyone by airing it out on national tv, No. Seems like his motives are not genuine.
stop speculating. You don't know.

Reactions: 40BayStreet

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
If they can't announce something today, it's going to start turning into a sideshow. They can't have these decisions lingering for long so close to the off-season.

I'm just surprised we haven't had a bone thrown through insiders yet.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
for the love of God I hope your right............
the longer the wait, it seems this is where its going to go. If the extension was on the table on monday then the waiting means MLSE is getting cold feet based on his comments. There shouldnt be a hold up if Dubas was offered $4M/yr as per Kyper

Reactions: rumman

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
the longer the wait, it seems this is where its going to go. If the extension was on the table on monday then the waiting means MLSE is getting cold feet based on his comments. There shouldnt be a hold up if Dubas was offered $4M/yr as per Kyper
I don’t know, the cost of eyeglasses has skyrocketed

Reactions: rumman

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Not to mention draft well. Burke and Hunter draft 6'5" goons with no chance of making it to the NHL. Menawhile Dubas has Knies, Woll, Robertson, Niemela, Dennis Hildeby, Roni Hirvonen, Dmitry Ovchinnikov, Ryan Tverberg, Ty Voit, Minten etc etc.

Woll has signed every contract he has had with Dubas as GM. Lou destroyed the NYI with the Komarov and Matt Martin deals. He sucks.

Oh, so now it's not about drafting once you find out Dubas didn't draft Woll ? What a surprise. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad