End of season press conference - April 9, 4:30pm

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Heard on RDS Habs end of season presser will be held tomorrow around 4:30pm. Don't know who, if anyone, beside Bergevin will be represented but expect Uncle Geoff to show his mug.

"Trust the Plan"(TM)!

[update] Blast from the past - May 2nd 2012 Press conference when Bergevin was named Habs GM http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/2230037338/

Last edited:

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
Geoff was there last year to shield MB .

He could be there but I would not be surprised if he was not .

MB will say we got 96 pts and 99 % of the time that is good enough for playoffs , add that its a Massive improvement on last year .

Poehling's game gave him ammo to praise our prospect pool.

It will be a bore of a Presser where they will look to next year .

Last edited:

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Just logistically speaking, how can Bergevin hold a press conference at 4h30 and then be in Toronto/NYC for the draft lottery at 8pm?

Are GMs expected to be in person again this year at the lottery? Could be a good excuse to cut the presser short if questions get tough.

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
He will also say that he is not making an excuse but that Weber missed a lot of time, etc.

That they are in great position for next year, etc.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
He'll bring up Weal and Kulak as the gemstones of the season, probably bring up Byron again. Peca was amazing too.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I can give you a resume from what reporters will ask as questions

''I did not want to trade prospects like Romanov , Poehling bla bla bla for rentals (because god knows that almost every rentals that got traded that were semi decent , were not even close from a Poehling return) we were happy''
'' Will you resign , bla bla bla , You know i dont talk about that in public''
'' Im happy of this season even tho we missed playoffs since we were retooling''
'' We will try our best and look at the situation for the incoming UFAS''
'' Drouin had his best season career and he will need some extra work''
'' Kotkaniemi played great , he was getting tired at the end of the season''
'' We need to improve the Powerplay''
'' I am gonna try my best to get help from the LHD position. But you know trades are hard and almost impossible. We have some prospect coming up. ''
'' As an Org we always want to make playoffs , we were short bla bla bla''
'' We have another good draft with 10 picks coming up''
'' Ryan Poehling will be a great player (hes gonna run his 3 goals night as a scapegoat).''

Nobody will probably say that habs missed playoffs 3 years out of 4.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I can give you a resume from what reporters will ask as questions

''I did not want to trade prospects like Romanov , Poehling bla bla bla for rentals (because god knows that almost every rentals that got traded that were semi decent , were not even close from a Poehling return) we were happy''
'' Will you resign , bla bla bla , You know i dont talk about that in public''
'' Im happy of this season even tho we missed playoffs since we were retooling''
'' We will try our best and look at the situation for the incoming UFAS''
'' Drouin had his best season career and he will need some extra work''
'' Kotkaniemi played great , he was getting tired at the end of the season''
'' We need to improve the Powerplay''
'' I am gonna try my best to get help from the LHD position. But you know trades are hard and almost impossible. We have some prospect coming up. ''
'' As an Org we always want to make playoffs , we were short bla bla bla''
'' We have another good draft with 10 picks coming up''
'' Ryan Poehling will be a great player (hes gonna run his 3 goals night as a scapegoat).''

Nobody will probably say that habs missed playoffs 3 years out of 4.

Yeah 10 picks but really a regular draft, plus an extra 2nd, which is a good pick, and then 2 extra 5ths which are very low probability.

This 10 picks statement I find misleading. I think we're in a situation to get at least an extra 1st and a 2nd most years coming up, if not two 2nds.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He'll bring up Weal and Kulak as the gemstones of the season, probably bring up Byron again. Peca was amazing too.

I finally have come around agree with most posters that it wouldn't hurt to get bigger.

imo, the two best candidates to move in order to get bigger are Drouin and Byron.

I'm interested to see any hints Bergevin might feel the same way. He won't come out and say it. But when there were rumors about Price he said firmly he's not going anywhere, not so much with Subban, Radulov, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, and Beaulieu. In fact with Galchenyuk and Beaulieu he said they've been in the league long enough to be better. With Radulov told the media during the season that the salaries he's asking for should go to better players...

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
The essential points would be not questioned. We've been accustomed since 2012 by his tricky responses. The questions would be not answered at 1909%.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad