End Of Season Awards | Hart Memorial Trophy

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Nobody. Nobody earned it, IMO.
This was my thinking.

But then Derky reminded me of this:
Beauchemin. Played all 82 games, career high in points, top-10 in the league in ice-time. Was tasked with playing alongside EJ against other teams' top lines, and when Zadorov came up he was called upon to be the calming vet beside him. He did it all for this team. He tailed off the last ~25% of the year, but that was to be expected given his age and how much Roy was using him. But Beauchemin is the teams MVP.

And that's unacceptable. There are 6 players on this team who should be ahead of him on that list.

FB was this year's MVP imo. And that's absolutely not a good thing.

Duchene is my HM, but only because he has such a horrendous start of the year.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
FB to me just cements the fact we need to bring in another actual NHL defensemen. Even a middle of the pack talent wise D guy would help tremendously.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I could get behind that.

The guy is magical. Just wait until he does it in burgundy.

Is it bad i'm scared of Roy ruining him?

I know he has a great track record with young players, but he'll be feeling pressure next year if the Avs don't have a good start and Rantanen could easily be regulated to the bottom 6 and forced to play safe.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Dean didn't ruin him. Roy will probably start slow with Rantanen, he probably won't be top 6 to start. I really don't know what the next step in the desperation escalator is.

San Antonio had zero other options.

I can easily see Roy believing that Comeau is a better option in the top 6 than Rantanen the entire season.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I thought you meant general bad coaching. You mean just not playing him, I don't think they we that dumb, they know he's going to have to need a big role sooner than later. I don't expect it to happen at the start though.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I thought you meant general bad coaching. You mean just not playing him, I don't think they we that dumb, they know he's going to have to need a big role sooner than later. I don't expect it to happen at the start though.

I fully expect him to be in a bottom-6 role at centre to start next season and it absolutely is the wrong thing to do. But Roy gonna Roy

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Dean didn't ruin him. Roy will probably start slow with Rantanen, he probably won't be top 6 to start. I really don't know what the next step in the desperation escalator is.

Exactly. Roy doesn't like to give too many minutes to rookies. Rantanen will be in third line max.. Rookies always have to earn it. Look at Grigorenko, MacKinnon first season(started as a third liner).

cl76

Aug 25, 2008
Hart trophy goes to.....The alumni team. Only group that should a will to win all season long. :laugh:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Is it bad i'm scared of Roy ruining him?

I know he has a great track record with young players, but he'll be feeling pressure next year if the Avs don't have a good start and Rantanen could easily be regulated to the bottom 6 and forced to play safe.

No matter where Roy plays him next year, or how he treats him, he's not gonna ruin him. Mikko's got a good head on his shoulders, a good work ethic, plenty of self confidence, and he's determined. He'll be fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad