OT - NO POLITICS End of February- hoping for early Spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
@RoccoF14 thought you might like these pics from when the Big E was in Pensacola for a quick visit about 23 years ago

I even got to ride the jet elevator (I'm sure there's a much more technical term for that :laugh: )

I felt just like Maverick :sarcasm:

FB_IMG_1708655505484.jpg
FB_IMG_1708655539903.jpg
FB_IMG_1708655519135.jpg

FB_IMG_1708655549713.jpg

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009

MGH finally said the C word..........as the Pet Scan confirmed what they were concerned about..................

Studies:
PET CT 2/15/24
IMPRESSION:
There are 4 pulmonary nodules in the right upper lobe that are new since September 2022 but are unchanged since October 2023
Mild uptake to the queried right apical nodule, which remains indeterminate for primary lung neoplasm.
Focus of moderate uptake in the right lower lobe with areas of groundglass in the medial right lower lobe and intensely avid right hilar lymph node. These findings are indeterminate and may be consistent with a right lower lobe pneumonia given rapid appearance or possibly neoplastic in etiology given the intense avidity and size of the hilar node.

It is very small in the lungs and NOT aggressive. I meet with the team on Monday afternoon. The QB of the team is considered to be Tom Brady like at MGH
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Henning Willers, MD
Dr. Willers obtained his M.D. from the University of Hamburg Medical School in Germany in 1994. After two years of residency training in radiation oncology in Germany, he came to Boston to work as a research fellow on DNA repair in the laboratory of Simon Powell, M.D., Ph.D.. He then completed his residency training in radiation oncology at the MGH in 2005. Following three years as an attending physician in the Department of Radiation Oncology at Boston Medical Center, he returned to the MGH to join the Thoracic Radiation Oncology Program in the Department of Radiation Oncology. Dr. Willers has a busy clinical practice focusing on the care of patient with thoracic cancers of various types while also spending time in the laboratory. He is active in clinical, physics, and biology research with the overarching goal of advancing precision radiation medicine, which combines the latest in biological therapies with high-precision radiation therapy to increase the likelihood of cure without complications in patients with lung cancer.
-----------------------------------
"Don't worry about a thing
'Cause every little thing is gonna be alright"

Fenway, I am sorry to hear. Good to know you have a top team and it is not aggressive.

Reactions: GordonHowe

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
An observation.

I’m sure I’m not alone in this but I watch a ton of true crime shows and listen to similar podcasts just about every day.

Why is it that just about every other part of the US, aside from New England, refers to counties, rather than the actual city or town?

Unless it’s a major city where the crime happened, almost every show I watch refers to the county, rather than the city.

Seems like the news in other areas does the same because when they use the newscasts as part of the show (Dateline, 20/20, etc.) they always refer to the county.

Here, the Boston news anchors would say……an Andover man is accused of murder today, rather than….an Essex county man is accused of murder today.

Am I wrong?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
An observation.

I’m sure I’m not alone in this but I watch a ton of true crime shows and listen to similar podcasts just about every day.

Why is it that just about every other part of the US, aside from New England, refers to counties, rather than the actual city or town?

Unless it’s a major city where the crime happened, almost every show I watch refers to the county, rather than the city.

Seems like the news in other areas does the same because when they use the newscasts as part of the show (Dateline, 20/20, etc.) they always refer to the county.

Here, the Boston news anchors would say……an Andover man is accused of murder today, rather than….an Essex county man is accused of murder today.

Am I wrong?

You are not wrong. I think a couple of factors are in play.

New England as a rule does not have county police departments - just city and state police. Philadelphia by comparison uses counties instead of towns.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
@RoccoF14 thought you might like these pics from when the Big E was in Pensacola for a quick visit about 23 years ago

I even got to ride the jet elevator (I'm sure there's a much more technical term for that :laugh: )

I felt just like Maverick :sarcasm:

View attachment 824393View attachment 824394View attachment 824395
View attachment 824397
Cool! Thanks for sharing. My squadron (VF-32) did a Med Cruise on Enterprise back in '99. I left that squadron about a year before, so only was on it for the early part of work-ups. I probably got 15-20 traps on that boat.

That big, boxy tower caused a lot more air turbulence behind the ship than the other carriers with conventional towers. We called it the "burble" and you always had to remember to add a little more power right before touching down on the flight deck.

You know, in my entire 10 year navy career, I NEVER got a chance to ride the elevator up from the hangar deck, so its cool that you got to do that.

Reactions: BMC and Bruinaura

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Cool! Thanks for sharing. My squadron (VF-32) did a Med Cruise on Enterprise back in '99. I left that squadron about a year before, so only was on it for the early part of work-ups. I probably got 15-20 traps on that boat.

That big, boxy tower caused a lot more air turbulence behind the ship than the other carriers with conventional towers. We called it the "burble" and you always had to remember to add a little more power right before touching down on the flight deck.

You know, in my entire 10 year navy career, I NEVER got a chance to ride the elevator up from the hangar deck, so its cool that you got to do that.
I'm kind of fascinated by carriers. It's interesting to me how they are able to move so many planes around in such a relatively small space. I can't imagine it's too common for active carriers to be open for public tours like they did then (I guess, maybe I'm wrong?) so I was very glad to have had the opportunity.

Years ago a friend of mine was a grape, although I don't remember now which boat he was on. He had video footage of a guy getting sucked into the intake of a plane, somehow the guy survived. That would freak me right out.

• Wow
Reactions: BMC

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
An observation.

Am I wrong?
I love true crime shows. Never listened to podcasts though, do you have a favorite or two?

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
An observation.

Am I wrong?
Because many larger states have sheriffs departments who are county based rather than town/city police departments.

shoulders7

Jan 28, 2009
Peabody

Was your squadron ever on the constellation(cv-64)? I was an enlisted (IC) on the Connie from 97-99. Worked mostly in the main machinery rooms on the alarm systems.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I love true crime shows. Never listened to podcasts though, do you have a favorite or two?
So many good ones out there.

Paper Ghosts….season one especially as it is Mass/Connecticutt centric.

Casefile True Crime

The Vanished …….Particularly interesting to me is the episode about Andy Puglisi, who was a 10 year old who was kidnapped from my hometown when I was 5 or 6. As I got older I came to know many of his friends and relatives. A really sad story that connects and is referenced a little bit in Paper Ghosts mentioned above.

The Missing

Something Was Wrong

Dateline and 20/20 do audio/podcast versions of their TV shows

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
So many good ones out there.

Paper Ghosts….season one especially as it is Mass/Connecticutt centric.

Casefile True Crime

The Vanished …….Particularly interesting to me is the episode about Andy Puglisi, who was a 10 year old who was kidnapped from my hometown when I was 5 or 6. As I got older I came to know many of his friends and relatives. A really sad story that connects and is referenced a little bit in Paper Ghosts mentioned above.

The Missing

Something Was Wrong

Dateline and 20/20 do audio/podcast versions of their TV shows
Thanks!

I grew up down the street from a family named Puglisi. I can't imagine that's a common name. :dunno:Wonder if they're related somehow.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Was your squadron ever on the constellation(cv-64)? I was an enlisted (IC) on the Connie from 97-99. Worked mostly in the main machinery rooms on the alarm systems.
Nope. However I did cruise on USS Kitty Hawk when I was in VF-111. It was the same class as the Connie and they were berthed side by side in San Diego.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Thanks everyone for the good wishes

This is what I posted on Facebook

I want to thank everyone for the good vibes.

I have complete faith in the medical team that my PCP at MGH has assembled on my behalf. I had a real wake-up call just before Christmas in 2021 where I wound up spending EIGHT nights at the Hotel MGH and the reality is insurance companies don't sign off on that unless you are really sick.

They have been watching my lungs since then and ordered tests to monitor things.

The vibes I am getting from the Docs are positive and on Monday afternoon they will meet with me and discuss a plan.
Life is like a FIFA soccer game - it's going to end but only the big referee in the sky knows when....

Remember this shocker from LA LAW?

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
This is what I posted on Facebook

I want to thank everyone for the good vibes.

I have complete faith in the medical team that my PCP at MGH has assembled on my behalf. I had a real wake-up call just before Christmas in 2021 where I wound up spending EIGHT nights at the Hotel MGH and the reality is insurance companies don't sign off on that unless you are really sick.

They have been watching my lungs since then and ordered tests to monitor things.

The vibes I am getting from the Docs are positive and on Monday afternoon they will meet with me and discuss a plan.

Life is like a FIFA soccer game - it's going to end but only the big referee in the sky knows when....

Remember this shocker from LA LAW?

All the best Kevin. Glad you have a good medical team in your corner and have been proactive in getting your health checked. We're all behind you and wishing you well here!

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY

Bags that come with purchases from Boston ProShop are the only other bags allowed inside, according to the policy.
so does this mean you can reuse your pro shop bag as a purse if you buy something, then bring the bag to the next game you attend?

Reactions: GordonHowe

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
For a girl who has been battling kidney issues for two years that ended her collegiate career and threatened to derail her bid for a second Olympics, this is incredible. She's in remission now so fingers crossed as the road to Paris starts today with the Winter Cup. It starts at 1pm ET and is Streaming on USA Gymnastics' Youtube channel.

If she hits this at the next Gymnastics World Cup in Baku, Azerbaijan , it will be named the Lee. That meet is March 7-10th.

Reactions: Ladyfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad