OT - NO POLITICS End of February- hoping for early Spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

MGH finally said the C word..........as the Pet Scan confirmed what they were concerned about..................

Studies:
PET CT 2/15/24
IMPRESSION:
There are 4 pulmonary nodules in the right upper lobe that are new since September 2022 but are unchanged since October 2023
Mild uptake to the queried right apical nodule, which remains indeterminate for primary lung neoplasm.
Focus of moderate uptake in the right lower lobe with areas of groundglass in the medial right lower lobe and intensely avid right hilar lymph node. These findings are indeterminate and may be consistent with a right lower lobe pneumonia given rapid appearance or possibly neoplastic in etiology given the intense avidity and size of the hilar node.

It is very small in the lungs and NOT aggressive. I meet with the team on Monday afternoon. The QB of the team is considered to be Tom Brady like at MGH
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Henning Willers, MD
Dr. Willers obtained his M.D. from the University of Hamburg Medical School in Germany in 1994. After two years of residency training in radiation oncology in Germany, he came to Boston to work as a research fellow on DNA repair in the laboratory of Simon Powell, M.D., Ph.D.. He then completed his residency training in radiation oncology at the MGH in 2005. Following three years as an attending physician in the Department of Radiation Oncology at Boston Medical Center, he returned to the MGH to join the Thoracic Radiation Oncology Program in the Department of Radiation Oncology. Dr. Willers has a busy clinical practice focusing on the care of patient with thoracic cancers of various types while also spending time in the laboratory. He is active in clinical, physics, and biology research with the overarching goal of advancing precision radiation medicine, which combines the latest in biological therapies with high-precision radiation therapy to increase the likelihood of cure without complications in patients with lung cancer.
-----------------------------------
"Don't worry about a thing
'Cause every little thing is gonna be alright"

Puts these hockey games or the petty forum back n forths into perspective.

Life. That's what's important. I'm glad you got the GOAT of his field working with you. While I am saddened by the news, I just know you'll kick its ass, @Fenway you're the GOAT of this forum. You got us all behind you. Whatever you need. If it's not intrusive to you, I'd like to say a prayer for you. And with that, ill be sending you all my healing vibes.

Three Little Birds always cheers me up.

Every. Little. Thing. IS gonna be alright.

You got this, Kevin. 💪❤️

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Puts these hockey games or the petty forum back n forths into perspective.

Life. That's what's important. I'm glad you got the GOAT of his field working with you. While I am saddened by the news, I just know you'll kick its ass, @Fenway you're the GOAT of this forum. You got us all behind you. Whatever you need. If it's not intrusive to you, I'd like to say a prayer for you. And with that, ill be sending you all my healing vibes.

Three Little Birds always cheers me up.

Every. Little. Thing. IS gonna be alright.

You got this, Kevin. 💪❤️

No matter what happens, nobody will be able to say

Why didn't Kevin go to a Doctor?

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

MGH finally said the C word..........as the Pet Scan confirmed what they were concerned about..................

Studies:
PET CT 2/15/24
IMPRESSION:
There are 4 pulmonary nodules in the right upper lobe that are new since September 2022 but are unchanged since October 2023
Mild uptake to the queried right apical nodule, which remains indeterminate for primary lung neoplasm.
Focus of moderate uptake in the right lower lobe with areas of groundglass in the medial right lower lobe and intensely avid right hilar lymph node. These findings are indeterminate and may be consistent with a right lower lobe pneumonia given rapid appearance or possibly neoplastic in etiology given the intense avidity and size of the hilar node.

It is very small in the lungs and NOT aggressive. I meet with the team on Monday afternoon. The QB of the team is considered to be Tom Brady like at MGH
Henning Willers, MD
Dr. Willers obtained his M.D. from the University of Hamburg Medical School in Germany in 1994. After two years of residency training in radiation oncology in Germany, he came to Boston to work as a research fellow on DNA repair in the laboratory of Simon Powell, M.D., Ph.D.. He then completed his residency training in radiation oncology at the MGH in 2005. Following three years as an attending physician in the Department of Radiation Oncology at Boston Medical Center, he returned to the MGH to join the Thoracic Radiation Oncology Program in the Department of Radiation Oncology. Dr. Willers has a busy clinical practice focusing on the care of patient with thoracic cancers of various types while also spending time in the laboratory. He is active in clinical, physics, and biology research with the overarching goal of advancing precision radiation medicine, which combines the latest in biological therapies with high-precision radiation therapy to increase the likelihood of cure without complications in patients with lung cancer.

Sending you lots of positive vibes, it sounds like you are in the best hands possible. The fact that it is small and not aggressive is really good news. I know you will keep us updated. Take care and all the best to you!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

Studies:
PET CT 2/15/24
IMPRESSION:

Henning Willers, MD

You are in amazing care and you will crush this because you are one of the toughest people I know.

Love to you

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Someone please pass the motrin and salonpas. I feel more like 81 than 41 thanks to this rain. Everything hurts today

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Studies:
PET CT 2/15/24
IMPRESSION:

Henning Willers, MD

Sounds like you are in good hands Kevin. You will get the best care possible.

You are probably finding out more medical stuff than you ever wanted to know.

I am sending a hug and positive energy. You've got this.

from the late and great Tom Petty...

"Most things I worry 'bout
Never happen anyway"

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA

Studies:
PET CT 2/15/24
IMPRESSION:

Henning Willers, MD

We're all pulling for you. Glad you found the best doc in town for this, that is comforting news.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Studies:
PET CT 2/15/24
IMPRESSION:

Henning Willers, MD

1708700137065.png

f*** cancer!

You got this my brother. You got this.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Studies:
PET CT 2/15/24
IMPRESSION:

Henning Willers, MD

cover6.jpg

Reactions: Fenway and Alicat

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Studies:
PET CT 2/15/24
IMPRESSION:

Henning Willers, MD

You got this Kevin!

Reactions: caz16 and Ladyfan

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Studies:
PET CT 2/15/24
IMPRESSION:

Henning Willers, MD

Praying for you :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad