End of an era, last broadcast of NHL on NBC

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I don't remember when it was but I appreciated them using CNBC and USA to televise all the playoff games starting with the first round.

I'm not all that thrilled about going back to ESPN, I would have been if this was 2011. That network has become an absolute shitshow in the last 4-5 years and I know that they'll continue to focus on LeBron/Aaron Rodgers/Brady etc. like they always do but in a weird way it's cool to back there considering it's been so damn long now. TNT intrigues me but I'm also not thrilled about the idea of the Finals being all on cable, but I'll keep an open mind.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
I loved how many games they showed when national cable TV was the way to show games. Now that we can stream online multiple games at the same time it makes sense to be in the espn family for visibility.

Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
I don't remember when it was but I appreciated them using CNBC and USA to televise all the playoff games starting with the first round.

I'm not all that thrilled about going back to ESPN, I would have been if this was 2011. That network has become an absolute shitshow in the last 4-5 years and I know that they'll continue to focus on LeBron/Aaron Rodgers/Brady etc. like they always do but in a weird way it's cool to back there considering it's been so damn long now. TNT intrigues me but I'm also not thrilled about the idea of the Finals being all on cable, but I'll keep an open mind.

That’s it for me too. Even though it’s a bigger platform I’m worried in the US about going to ESPN and being their 6th biggest thing, barely talked about or shown. At least with NBC hockey was king.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Breakup party and “some don’t have jobs for next year” are two separate things.

Well I’m also not sure of the contract situations. They do other stuff for NBC but the bulk of their work is hockey. So they may have to face cuts.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Well I’m also. It sure of the contract situations. They do other stuff for NBC but the bulk of their work is hockey. So they may have to face cuts.
That’s fair. I’m confident Liam McHugh isn’t going anywhere. He was destined to be the next Bob Costas once he started there, and especially when Costas left.

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
People won't be cheering when they realize how awful the NBA network, I mean ESPN is.

These clowns showed Matthews and Andersen at UFC with Bieber, and could only name 1 person in the trio.
I mean, I have no idea what Andersen looks like, and I've been following hockey longer than his career. It's not like he's exactly a big-name star player.

Platano King

Current mood
Jun 13, 2019
San Diego
Between Eddie Olzyck, Jeremy “hererophobia” Roenick, creepy ass Pierre, and putting Final games on a second rate cable network and playoff games on frickin CNBC, I can’t say I’ll miss them.

NHL on TNT will be such a massive upgrade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad