OT: Empty Seats at the Bell Center

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Yup, which is why it's ALWAYS more loud in the cheap seats ;) (and more fun)

Ahh, okay, price wise, yeah I totally understand...albeit, Leafs tickets get discounted quite a bit as they seem to be having problems filling the seats (even the cheap seats) these days (yeah, I was wrong about selling out every game).

Where did you get that idea? Tickets are all sold, but may not be filled. Businesses buy them. Total cost for a Leafs game is very expensive, of which food, beer, parking is also high.

If you do want Leafs season tickets, you have to buy the seats for all events: Raptors, Ice Capades, and so on, and their wait list is even longer than ours.

It is so costly for them, that they form junkets and fly or drive to away games. Sometimes away games for other teams are packed with Leafs fans. Buffalo always has a lot of Leaf fans. Ottawa gets these bus trips sometimes as well, and get loaded load up with Leafs fans. One of the best ones was plane loads of Leaf fans flying to Florida and catching games at Miami and Tampa Bay and flying home. Trip in the sun, games, home, for around the complete game cost (games, parking, food, beer) of two games in Toronto. However, those US trips was more when the dollar was at par, now it would be more costly due to the exchange rate.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I'd rather not have either!

But Boucher is cut from the same cloth as JM, only more intense. I find it funny that people wanted Boucher over Martin, and now people still want Boucher over MT but they never liked Martin.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
check the scores from 2011 you'll see a lot of games where the Habs scored between 3-5 goals, a lot of them being timely and on the PP.

Things Martin never had:
-a confident GM(fired his assistant in October 3 seasons in)
-Gallagher
-Subban in his prime
-Patches in his prime
-Galchenyuk
-Price's best years

a healthy Markov

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
They do lose on product consumption though. When I go to a game, I don't spend any money because everything is so expensive. But I see some people who easily spend more than 60$ in their night. Even though, it's clearly not everybody, I do think it's a significant part of the Bell Center's income. Now, I know that there are not so many empty seats and that it might not change much one night's revenue, but if people stop going to the game even after buying the tickets, it might have some effect on the income. I'm 100% speculating here...

Those empty seats are paid for yes,but they don't buy beers food sweaters hats parking fees etc....
Concessions is a big part of the game and $$ maker...With a 68 cents dollar the loss of any revenue due to empty seats
will be much bigger...

You guys are 100% right. Habs definitely take a hit when less people are buying concessions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad