OT: Empty Seats at the Bell Center

The Price is Right

Jul 3, 2008
Is it just me but I saw plenty of empty seats last night against our biggest rival. That is pretty sad. Do you guys think it will make Molson force Bergevin to fire Therrien due to ticket sales?

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
The price of tickets is out of control. Check Canadiens.com, molson ex tickets against Toronto are 200$ for 1 ticket.

In fact they are 235$ but Red D is only 228$

What the hell is going on

Edit: because they can be purchased 6 next to each other... What a ****ing scam

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
There were empty seats.

The Habs event tweeted that tickets were available:

In fact, they stopped selling out every game last season.

incognito Burrito*

Montreal fans are probably the most bipolar, moodiness, whatever else you want to call them fans in the World.

It's not about ticket prices, it's about the fans pouting. While I understand the average Joe not wanting to spending 200+ dollars to see a pathetic team, especially when that type of disposable income isn't that easy, they would spend it to get the tickets if it wasn't such a hinderance to other aspects of life.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
You know your team is boring when people stop going to a Habs-Bruins game.

I'm glad it's happening. They need a reality check.

CrAzYNiNe

Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
There were empty seats.

The Habs event tweeted that tickets were available:

In fact, they stopped selling out every game last season.

Good... This franchise is turning into the maple leafs. I hope we learn from their mistakes. I have gone to one game, against the Blackhawks to see the defending Stanley cup champions. I paid 85$ for molson ex tickets.

**** Geoff Molson and his greed. **** the management for its ineptitude. They are so lucky I have been following this team religiously for almost 20 years now, however I find it easier and easier to tell my gf "it's ok, I can skip the game".

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
You know your team is boring when people stop going to a Habs-Bruins game.

I'm glad it's happening. They need a reality check.

Exactly. I am also fed up with all those pompous ceremonies celebrating last century success while a torch of incompetence and mediocrity being passed for the last 20+ years.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
They don't always tweet about it though.

The tickets are released at 11 am. This tweet was at 3 PM.

I've lived downtown for about 5 years now. I walk by the Bell Centre most evenings after work. They almost always have a "TICKETS AVAILABLE / BILLETS DISPONIBLE" showing up on the old scoreboard on the front of the building on game nights around 5PM. Now they Tweet about it. Same thing.

I'm sure a game against the Bruins sold all the available tickets before the slump started.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Supply/Demand is a sliding principle....sellouts will stop, and Geoff Molson, will finally not be happy....prices in the Cdn markets are crazy anyhow...

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I've lived downtown for about 5 years now. I walk by the Bell Centre most evenings after work. They almost always have a "TICKETS AVAILABLE / BILLETS DISPONIBLE" showing up on the old scoreboard on the front of the building on game nights around 5PM. Now they Tweet about it. Same thing.

I'm sure a game against the Bruins sold all the available tickets before the slump started.

Maybe you're right. But I have never had such an easy time finding available tickets from the box office as I have this year and at the end of last year.

Alex514

May 10, 2015
Keeping the seats empty is probably the best thing the fans can do to pass their message across to the owner of this team.

I never thought that the Habs would have to send out tweets on game night against a storied rival to sell any remaining tickets.

I guess it's the sad state of affairs that we find ourselves in.

CrAzYNiNe

Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Keeping the seats empty is probably the best thing the fans can do to pass their message across to the owner of this team.

I never thought that the Habs would have to send out tweets on game night against a storied rival to sell any remaining tickets.

I guess it's the sad state of affairs that we find ourselves in.

The prices are just crazy. If the cheapest tickets were 40$ and reds started at 100$, no tickets left in the building. Molson probably makes more money with empty seats and higher prices.

Aarex

Feb 29, 2004
Regina, Saskatchewan
I've watched the habs religiously for almost 3 decades, This is the first year i've been bored watching them, even when we win the games so boring.

I'd rather lose in style then win like this.

Or maybe i'm slowly being converted into a NFL fan. Either way i miss enjoying hockey.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I've watched the habs religiously for almost 3 decades, This is the first year i've been bored watching them, even when we win the games so boring.

I'd rather lose in style then win like this.

Or maybe i'm slowly being converted into a NFL fan. Either way i miss enjoying hockey.

You haven't been bored watching the past years and under Jacques Martin as well? I'm impressed.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The Habs draw a penalty with 3:45 left in the game down two goals and the fans continue filing out of the BC.
This Mr. Molson is why you'd better get your hockey operations in order.

The first thing you should do is hire a President to fill the void between ownership and management. Someone who isn't handing out contract extensions like candy at Halloween. The position would have already paid for itself in retrospect. We might also be able to clamp down on the smug arrogant attitude our front office has exuded over the past two seasons.
and best of all...
This position can be filled by the best candidate in the entire WORLD without prejudice or language requirements.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
As others noted, tickets were sold before season, so the organization loses nothing if people don't show up now. The only lost dollars are the commissions on tickets being re-sold through their vault. The only people taking a major hit are scalpers.

People aren't going because they've lost hope. Nobody wants to go to games in anticipation of seeing their team lose. It's a new, very bad feeling. But I don't think it'll carry over into next season's sales. Because once Price is back and the team regains their momentum (even if it's too late for this season), fans will reasonably expect to see the Habs of the last 3.3 seasons, not the bizarre broken version of the last six weeks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad