Recalled/Assigned: Emmerton & Mrazek to GR | Glendening Recalled (Post 13)

Jussha

Jan 15, 2006
is this because someone is returning? or is it possible they will recall nyquist now? seems babcock is gonna switch the lines up, maybe put Abby back at 4th line center and put nyquist on?

be nice if we could get both Nyquist and Tatar together

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Wings Assign Emmerton, Mrazek to GR

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1m
Wings have assigned center Cory Emmerton and goalie Petr Mrazek to Grand Rapids. Gustavsson ready to back-up Howard.

Jussha

Jan 15, 2006
so one of tatar or nyquist has to be playing if they call nyquist up with emmerton gone right? or is there another forward coming off LTIR? Eaves or Tootoo maybe?

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
so one of tatar or nyquist has to be playing if they call nyquist up with emmerton gone right? or is there another forward coming off LTIR? Eaves or Tootoo maybe?

Tootoo is now healthy.

Hopefully Tatar now becomes our 12th forward.

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
Also, I'm happy to see that Mrazek will hopefully get some decent playing time now.

korrowan

Sponsor
Feb 8, 2011
Tootoo has been cleared to play, So maybe that's why Emmerton has been sent down maybe Tootoo will be in the line up.

Oh exciting we get to watch Tootoo hit guys and provide zero offense or defense...just ...well hitting guys... Exactly what this team needs.

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 2m
Wings recalled Luke Glendening from Grand Rapids. He'll center fourth line and make NHL debut tomorrow.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Split up Dats and Z. Weiss to 3C. Andersson to 4C.

Let's get Nyquist in the line-up folks.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Remember how when the season started, the media said Nyquist being sent down was "temporary"? I'm beginning to think they were dead wrong.

Going to be 82 games of "grind em out" Mighty Ducks hockey this year. Grab your pop corn.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 2m
Wings recalled Luke Glendening from Grand Rapids. He'll center fourth line and make NHL debut tomorrow.

Babcock loves him, so not surprising.

I think people will like him eventually, very hard worker and a pretty physical guy. He will provide some energy and hopefully because of Babcock's crush he balances and plays that line a little more. Sheahan is the guy with more upside in terms of the centers we can call up from down there, but alas he is not as much of a lunch pail guy as either Andersson and Glendening.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Remember how when the season started, the media said Nyquist being sent down was "temporary"? I'm beginning to think they were dead wrong.

Going to be 82 games of "grind em out" Mighty Ducks hockey this year. Grab your pop corn.

It was never going to be temporary. Nyquist was only going to play if the Wings got ravaged by injuries and at least one of them was season ending.

Kenny is doing what Kenny does best. Talk up his prospects, but never has the guts to play them, even if it means you are icing an inferior team.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga

Nyquist isnt even the first forward called up....this team, I tell ya

They sent down Emmerton so it would have to be a center that was coming up. I don't see the Wings splitting up Dats & Z after only 4 games so we needed a center coming up for the 4th line. Once Babcock starts giving Tatar a regular shift we should see Nyquist called up & inserted into the lineup as well.

As for Glendening I'm happy he's up as I wanted him as our 4th line C from the get go. He should be more physical than Emmerton and add some form of the physicality that our bottom 6 was missing.

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
Babcock loves him, so not surprising.

I think people will like him eventually, very hard worker and a pretty physical guy. He will provide some energy and hopefully because of Babcock's crush he balances and plays that line a little more. Sheahan is the guy with more upside in terms of the centers we can call up from down there, but alas he is not as much of a lunch pail guy as either Andersson and Glendening.

I honestly wonder if they're not going to do auditions this year, with Glendening getting ten or so games, being sent down and then Sheahan being recalled. This way they see what they've got and decide with whom they're going to roll the rest of the season. Sort of like what they did with Nyquist and Tatar last year.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 15s
Babcock said Tootoo is playing tomorrow, on line with Miller and Glendening.

Hopefully we'll see Tatar in for Bertuzzi or Cleary as well, assuming that Tootoo being in means Samuelsson is out. If we can get Tatar into the lineup our bottom six is looking ok, though we'll still have to dump someone if/when Helm comes back

Also

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1m
Babcock said he hasn't decided who'll replace Abdelkader on top line. It's not a demotion for Abdelkader, he's needed to boost second line.

:help:

RedWingsNow*

Well, it least it gives our first line more purpose.

The problem is Glendening is one of those talentless ****s that Babcock can't help himself with.

Expect him mucking up a scoring line 2-3 years from now.

FYI, we could have dropped Abby to where he belonged and gotten the 4th line center we wanted. Scratched Tatar. And inserted Tatar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad