Music: Eminem - Music to be Murdered By (Surprise Album)

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Mac Miller fans. It's a scummy move. But if you are enjoying it cool. I listened to a few tracks and sounded meh so I'm not even going to listen to the rest.

If anyone is upset about it then I'd say they're looking for something to be upset about. Why should I have to wait to hear new Eminem because Mac has an album coming out?

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
I liked the album. It took a few listens to come around on it. I think he definitely should have taken a page from Kamikaze and shortened the run time, this album could definitely use some of the fat trimmed off of it. Production is infinitely better than we’ve seen on any Em album since Relapse, however I will never be a fan of these relationship cuts he tries to do. They’re just not good. The ones on here are better than the ones on Revival/Kamikaze, but I still don’t dig it. Also that Ed Sheeran feature is god awful. Please him away from your albums man. But the .Paak and Juice WRLD (RIP) features are heat. I need an Eminem/Paak/Dre project in my life.

Fav tracks: You Gon Learn, Godzilla, Darkness, Marsh, Little Engine, Leaving Heaven, Lock It Up, I Will

Worst tracks: Those Kinda Nights, In Too Deep, Farewell, Stepdad

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
The music industry doesn't stop for a week because one artist released a posthumous album

He can drop whenever he wants...

If anyone is upset about it then I'd say they're looking for something to be upset about. Why should I have to wait to hear new Eminem because Mac has an album coming out?

Who said you had to wait? It could have came a week earlier.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013

Then Juice WRLD fans would say he's capitalizing on Juice's death to get more attention. You're never gonna please everyone. People are more than capable of listening to and discussing two albums in one week. This is manufactured outrage.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Then Juice WRLD fans would say he's capitalizing on Juice's death to get more attention. You're never gonna please everyone. People are more than capable of listening to and discussing two albums in one week. This is manufactured outrage.

You can already say that with him releasing a track with him. Nobody would have said that if he dropped this album January 10th. How does a week change that narrative?

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
You can already say that with him releasing a track with him. Nobody would have said that if he dropped this album January 10th. How does a week change that narrative?
Juice was a big fan and was going to have a verse on the track but couldn't record it on time. It's a tribute to release it and have it arguably be the best track on the album. The news cycle moves fast these days - a week is a lot as far as people's attention spans to big events. Plus, Juice's death likely made them already delay releasing the album so to do it again would be a pain and waste of resources. There's a lot that goes into releasing an album even if it's a "surprise drop." And again, people are more than capable of giving their attention to two albums in a week. All of the reaction channels I've seen are doing both albums.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016

I'm not sure people realize how the music industry works. Eminem probably had little say in what week he wanted the album to come out, that's the labels decision. And they really don't care about Mac's album coming out the same day.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I'm not sure people realize how the music industry works. Eminem probably had little say in what week he wanted the album to come out, that's the labels decision. And they really don't care about Mac's album coming out the same day.

Trust me, I know more about hip hop music industry than most on here. It was released on his print, Shady Records. Which yes, is a parent company under Interscope. Basically Interscope would never let a huge artist like Eminem walk away for free. So they gave him his own label/print under them. So he's his own boss and can do whatever he wants but when he drops music they make money too. They also handle distribution and all of that for him. So the theory Interscope told him he had to drop the surprise album on this date is false.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
He can drop whenever he wants...

You're looking to get upset so there's no reasoning with you. Mac Miller isn't so important that Eminem can't release an album at the same time. Both can be listened to and enjoyed. If he released an album on the same day as one of my favorite artists I wouldn't care, I'd be excited to have a bunch of new shit to listen to.

Reactions: Mach85

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
You're looking to get upset so there's no reasoning with you. Mac Miller isn't so important that Eminem can't release an album at the same time. Both can be listened to and enjoyed. If he released an album on the same day as one of my favorite artists I wouldn't care, I'd be excited to have a bunch of new **** to listen to.

No, it just shows the type of person Eminem is. Mac never got the credit he deserved and I feel like a small part of that played into his fate. It would have been cool to see Mac get #1 album for one week and he deserves it. But he got blocked by some dickhead even in death.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
No, it just shows the type of person Eminem is. Mac never got the credit he deserved and I feel like a small part of that played into his fate. It would have been cool to see Mac get #1 album for one week and he deserves it. But he got blocked by some ******** even in death.

If Mac deserves the #1 album for one week he'll get it.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Thought this album was pretty weak and generic for Eminem. Even the ones with hype like Godzilla and Darkness did very little for me. Not his worst album ever but after skimming through, I didn't think any song was more than a 6 or 7 at best, and quite a few were just a whole lotta nothing imo. Still one of the goats and I'm glad he's still putting stuff out after all these years, but this was underwhelming.

member 51464

Mac Miller is dead and has been for a while. The sales of a posthumous album will do nothing to bring his soul peace. Focus on the living.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Not a huge fan of this album. Kamikaze was way better, imo. Darkness is a great song, tho. The rest are either pretty good or straight blahhh

PKWeber

Mar 1, 2017
Montreal
The older Em gets the more cringier he becomes. His voice is terrible and his flow is just awful. The chorus for stepdad is one of the worst hooks I’ve ever heard in my life.

Reactions: K Fleur and holy

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
I like some of the music and have huge respect for some of the artists, but man is the rap scene a juvenile act. And then you read the fans and you're like... "oh, I see".

Reactions: Mach85

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
I like some of the music and have huge respect for some of the artists, but man is the rap scene a juvenile act. And then you read the fans and you're like... "oh, I see".
You’re just not looking for the right stuff.

Take this for example, very mature themes presented for a mature audience:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad