Music: Eminem - Music to be Murdered By (Surprise Album)

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
75% of the way through the album, some real WTF moments/songs on here. I know Em likes the joke and be silly, but some of the time it's like....what am I listening to? lol. Some gems on here, too.

Darkness is probably going to be pretty controversial. Written from the POV of the Vegas shooter

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
back on forth whether to give it a go. I really enjoyed almost all of Kamikaze so I dont want to be let down lol.

I'm 8 songs in and haven't really been blown away yet. Kamikaze was more enjoyable to me at this point. Darkness sampling Sounds of Silence is pretty interesting and I enjoyed the beat on Godzilla.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I'm 8 songs in and haven't really been blown away yet. Kamikaze was more enjoyable to me at this point. Darkness sampling Sounds of Silence is pretty interesting and I enjoyed the beat on Godzilla.

ya I listened to Godzilla so far and Lock it up.

I really liked his flow and beat selection on Godzilla. not a huge fan of Juice world though but he sounded good on the hook.

I think Lock it up is my favorite so far. Really like Anderson .Paak his style and sound is a bit unique.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Corny he drops a surprise album on Mac Millers release date. **** Em.
Mac Miller's new single! Pretty good!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About Eminem. I find the album a bit better than Kamikaze. I think he balances more the beats and his rapping than trying to impress with technique. It's more catchy, a bit like his older stuff. His rapping fits the songs better. I'm listening to track 9 now 11 more to go and I really like it!

Last edited:
Reactions: SouthGeorge

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I got 6 tracks in and decided to go to sleep. I’ll probably revisit later, but I’m not a huge fan of the timing when Mac’s final project was announced almost two weeks ago.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Eminem’s older albums have not aged well at all and his newer music has been a mix of cringe and just plain bad.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
How haven't they aged well? They're all considered classics now

Which albums are you referring to? I’m talking everything through encore as his “older albums”.

As to how they haven’t aged well I just think they aren’t a good/fun listening experience. I liked them when they came out(when I was still a kid) but when I hear them now I think they suck.

It’s all good if you(and many others) like them or think they’re “classics”. I just don’t.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Which albums are you referring to? I’m talking everything through encore as his “older albums”.

As to how they haven’t aged well I just think they aren’t a good/fun listening experience. I liked them when they came out(when I was still a kid) but when I hear them now I think they suck.

It’s all good if you(and many others) like them or think they’re “classics”. I just don’t.

Slim Shady LP, Marshall Mathers LP, and The Eminem Show

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Darkness is dope. Deep as f***.

Really wish he had a better beat for Tiyce and Black Thought. That's a hip-hop dynasty on one track. Hated the beat tho.

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Corny he drops a surprise album on Mac Millers release date. **** Em.

I got 6 tracks in and decided to go to sleep. I’ll probably revisit later, but I’m not a huge fan of the timing when Mac’s final project was announced almost two weeks ago.

I'm not sure I understand the criticism regarding this dropping on the same day as Mac's project. Eminem's album may have been a surprise, but its release date was still very much scheduled by the label - it just wasn't publicized. The two albums just coincidentally ended up coming out on the same day. Can't really fault Em for that.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I'm not sure I understand the criticism regarding this dropping on the same day as Mac's project. Eminem's album may have been a surprise, but its release date was still very much scheduled by the label - it just wasn't publicized. The two albums just coincidentally ended up coming out on the same day. Can't really fault Em for that.

He could have dropped it whenever and went #1. Week before. Next week. More research he probably did it to block Halsey from #1. Halsey probably still beats Mac for #1 but his music would have got more shine. Em took a lot of it away for what? To block Halsey?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
He could have dropped it whenever and went #1. Week before. Next week. More research he probably did it to block Halsey from #1. Halsey probably still beats Mac for #1 but his music would have got more shine. Em took a lot of it away for what? To block Halsey?

Who cares? If both are good people will listen. If not, they won't.

The more I listen to this album the more I like it. Godzilla, Darkness, Leaving Heaven, Yah Yah, I Will are my favorites right now.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Who cares? If both are good people will listen. If not, they won't.

The more I listen to this album the more I like it. Godzilla, Darkness, Leaving Heaven, Yah Yah, I Will are my favorites right now.

Mac Miller fans. It's a scummy move. But if you are enjoying it cool. I listened to a few tracks and sounded meh so I'm not even going to listen to the rest.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
As with basically everything he’s been putting out lately, his best work is with Royce. Godzilla is pretty good too, but the mumble rap holds it back

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad