Music: Eminem - Kamikaze

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
It was basic, shallow and not at all personal. The beat was okay but honestly it wasn't all that. It was an okay rap song.

Ok. I love eminem as well but i dont agree. Mgk came at em with some very personal bars which attacked his character. Just off the top of my head

- called his last albums trash.
- put it out in the open that em blackballed him from sway
- em had jimmy, diddy etc phone for an apology about a tweet.
- paul trying to shelve his album
- that em doesnt go back home anymore.

These would hit quite solidly.

In the sway interview you can see that eminem is really passionate about his music and he believes he has made good music on a variety of his last albums and cant stand people critisizing it.

The other stuff is personal as well as it shows how petty em may be and how he can play dirty behind the scenes. it is a assault on his precieved character.

The rest of the mgk rd diss track was not great besides a few bars here and there.

I was dissapointed a bit that em didnt touch on those subjects as it leaves it up in the air if they are true or not.

After relistening to kill shot a ton of times i really like it. Some of the stuff on it is kind of redundant in regards to his hits, money, place in rap, popularity etc as we all already know that at mgk acknowledged that previously. But there are some dope bars in there that i love.

Id like to see another round personaly.

Reactions: The Nuge

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Em addressed them specifically and said they weren't true. Did you watch the interviews? He references it in the Killshot song as well.

He called his albums trash after it's become popular to do just that, and he didn't even get it right. He made something up that didn't happen, and...yeah the rest isn't even personal or insulting.

Eminem's whole diss was a response to a whiny kid and delivered that way. MGK's entire song boils down to him complaining that Eminem is too popular, has too much money and fame, and he's mad about it. Eminem's was not only actually more personal, he didn't have to make anything up, and it's on a completely different level lyrically, technically and intellectually.

But this is beating a dead horse. At this point people have made up their minds about what they want to see, but Eminem bodied MGK, and I'm sure he's not the last one.

Reactions: Mach85

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
- put it out in the open that em blackballed him from sway
- em had jimmy, diddy etc phone for an apology about a tweet.

I get your point, maybe Em should have addressed it more clearly in his track, but he did address it in the interviews. And I guess in the song, Em didn't want to look like a guy that pays so much importance to stupid stuff like a tweet.

But when you read between the lines of MGK's story, he really looks like a super jerk (MGK).

He basically put out an inappropriate tweet about Em's daughter in 2012. I don't think he had bad intentions, but it was inappropriate. Then, people in Em's team (Paul, Jimmy) called him to ask for an apology. If we read between the lines, MGK didn't want to apologize and/or settle this whole thing, because they ended up banning him from Shade 45, and he kept bringing up that situation in various interviews throughout the years.

For example, here' an interview he made a few years ago.

Notice how he changes the story to make himself look like a victim? For those who don't know, MGK's original tweet was "Hailie is hot as F***", but in this interview he says he only said "she's beautiful", and the other people don't understand why anyone would get mad about that haha. And he doesn't mention she was a minor at the time etc...

This is just an example of MGK's behavior. That's pretty telling.

Reactions: tacogeoff

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The other thing is that Em wasn't the one asking him to be blackballed. More likely the crew knew how Em felt about people talking about Hailie and acted preemptively. That's why Em said multiple times that he doesn't care about MGK's career and that there are so many better rappers out there than him. He touches on it a couple of times in Killshot (molehill, interscope/swayze etc.).

At the end of the day this whole battle plays out like reality. MGK is whiny, looking for his 5 minutes of fame and he's using it even now to try and push his own brand. The only reason Eminem responded is because so many people bought into it in a really lazy way (not caring about the content, only the catchiness of Rap Devil, not knowing the whole story, etc.) You can tell even though he absolutely destroyed MGK that he wasn't going that hard (which makes it even more impressive because Killshot is actually a masterpiece the more you listen to it). Eminem is comfortably and effortlessly worlds apart from this guy.

...and don't get me wrong I like some of MGK's stuff. He's not terrible, but he knew he was never going to win this. He will go down as another guy who's career is more known for getting bodied by Eminem than for his actual music.

Ares

May 8, 2018
For example, here' an interview he made a few years ago.

Notice how he changes the story to make himself look like a victim? For those who don't know, MGK's original tweet was "Hailie is hot as F***", but in this interview he says he only said "she's beautiful", and the other people don't understand why anyone would get mad about that haha. And he doesn't mention she was a minor at the time etc...

This is just an example of MGK's behavior. That's pretty telling.

He doesn't change the story. The interviewer said "you said she's beautiful" and he said "yeah" and went on to tell the details. You're tryna make a mountain out of a molehill here. Petty. Like Em claiming MGK went on to a media tour about Hailie or whatever he said in that Sway interview of his. Only time I've ever seen MGK talk about this is when it's been brought up by others.

Anyway here's something I just came across. Akademiks and Wayno talking about the beef

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
He doesn't change the story. The interviewer said "you said she's beautiful" and he said "yeah" and went on to tell the details. You're tryna make a mountain out of a molehill here. Petty. Like Em claiming MGK went on to a media tour about Hailie or whatever he said in that Sway interview of his. Only time I've ever seen MGK talk about this is when it's been brought up by others.

Anyway here's something I just came across. Akademiks and Wayno talking about the beef

Akademiks (who's a clown in general, just a clout chaser) has beef with Eminem (Em dissed him on Kamikaze) so that's not a great source to post.

Ares

May 8, 2018
Akademiks (who's a clown in general, just a clout chaser) has beef with Eminem (Em dissed him on Kamikaze) so that's not a great source to post.
Did you even listen what he said? Probably not.

RickP

Mar 14, 2017

Well you're entitled to your opinion, but if you don't think that clip is telling of MGK's behavior, I can't say much to convince you otherwise. Like you said, it's not a huge deal, but to me it's pretty telling. And MGK brought up Eminem's name in a negative way other times too, like in freestyles and stuff.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Did you even listen what he said? Probably not.
What was said in here really doesn't have much merit. It's mostly Wayno talking ****. Realistically who cares if Jay would have gone at MGK or not? Since when is Jay the example that Em should follow? Em also never had someone come on his own song, his own production, and get absolutely bodied. Is MGK a small fry? Sure, but none of the big game rappers will go at Em and he's friends with most of them. It's telling that most of the best of the best recognize Em as the best, or at least one of the top 5. No matter who it is at the top you ask about it and they all say the same kind of thing. If anything Em is the standard and he sets the bar; so if he wants to take a beef out with MGK over something and bury him (like he did) why is that even something to look down on?

Also there are very few out there with the lyrical ability and skill to 'just answer everything' in the way that Em did, while throwing in a couple personal shots. It's not just about what he did it's how he did it. He didn't put too much time or effort into it because he knew he could show what the gap was without it. If you listen to Rap Devil and Killshot one against the other a couple of times it can't be more clear.

Ares

May 8, 2018
Well you're entitled to your opinion, but if you don't think that clip is telling of MGK's behavior, I can't say much to convince you otherwise. Like you said, it's not a huge deal, but to me it's pretty telling. And MGK brought up Eminem's name in a negative way other times too, like in freestyles and stuff.
You saw this one interview and now you know all about who they are, huh? For starters try get your facts straight. Before Rap Devil MGK has brought up Eminem directly (well more or less) exactly once: "I'm the greatest rapper alive since my favorite rapper banned me from Shade 45."

Then there was the collab with Tech N9ne with this line that Eminem took personally: "To remind y'all you just rap, you're not God." (Lets face it Em was looking for excuse to go after these people for shock value after he took a huge L with Revival)

Even in the original tweet he was still being respectful towards Eminem. ("with all respect.... Em is king.") Looking at this objectively you can't blame Colson for anything. It was just a stupid tweet. Sounds like old Em is just full of himself. I've loved his music for a long time but hearing all the shit he's done behind the scenes makes it hard to look at him the same way as before. "Somewhere some kid is bumpin' this while he lip-syncs in the mirror that's who I'm doin' it for" - but not in real life, Marshal.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

Of course he only talks about it when others bring it up; he made the original statement, so others are going to ask about it. He has the power to not talk about it anymore, or realize his mistake, apologize, move on or ask not to be asked about it in the future. He was definitely using it for attention.

What is all this supposed **** he's done behind the scenes? Even if he had a grudge against this guy for something he said about his daughter; I'm with the guy taking up for his kid rather than the one talking about her for attention.

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
You saw this one interview and now you know all about who they are, huh? For starters try get your facts straight. Before Rap Devil MGK has brought up Eminem directly (well more or less) exactly once: "I'm the greatest rapper alive since my favorite rapper banned me from Shade 45."

Then there was the collab with Tech N9ne with this line that Eminem took personally: "To remind y'all you just rap, you're not God." (Lets face it Em was looking for excuse to go after these people for shock value after he took a huge L with Revival)

Even in the original tweet he was still being respectful towards Eminem. ("with all respect.... Em is king.") Looking at this objectively you can't blame Colson for anything. It was just a stupid tweet. Sounds like old Em is just full of himself. I've loved his music for a long time but hearing all the **** he's done behind the scenes makes it hard to look at him the same way as before. "Somewhere some kid is bumpin' this while he lip-syncs in the mirror that's who I'm doin' it for" - but not in real life, Marshal.

My response would be the exact same thing I said in my previous post. Agree to disagree I guess. And this sums up my opinion too:

Of course he only talks about it when others bring it up; he made the original statement, so others are going to ask about it. He has the power to not talk about it anymore, or realize his mistake, apologize, move on or ask not to be asked about it in the future. He was definitely using it for attention.

Agreed 100%. I don't think MGK had bad intentions with that initial tweet, but at some point, you have to realize your mistake and stop acting like a victim. It took 6 years of direct/indirect shots at Eminem for him to finally respond, and MGK popped some champagne when he finally did. Not a coincidence to me.

Then he made a full song, with a catchy beat, a chorus every 30 seconds or so, a video, he put the song on iTunes and every other platform to try to get money.

Eminem, on the other hand, rapped on a slow, dark beat, made one long verse, and put the song out for free.

This is pretty telling of the whole situation. Can't blame MGK for trying to make money. But I mean, it is pretty telling to me. Just my opinion of course.

Ares

May 8, 2018

What is all this supposed **** he's done behind the scenes? Even if he had a grudge against this guy for something he said about his daughter; I'm with the guy taking up for his kid rather than the one talking about her for attention.

He shouldn't have mentioned Hailie in Rap Devil. Other than that I have no problem with MGK defending himself from false accusations or speaking up about the discrimination he has faced.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013

Even in the original tweet he was still being respectful towards Eminem. ("with all respect.... Em is king.") Looking at this objectively you can't blame Colson for anything. It was just a stupid tweet. Sounds like old Em is just full of himself. I've loved his music for a long time but hearing all the **** he's done behind the scenes makes it hard to look at him the same way as before. "Somewhere some kid is bumpin' this while he lip-syncs in the mirror that's who I'm doin' it for" - but not in real life, Marshal.

Lmao so because he said Em is king that makes it respectful regardless of what else was said in the tweet? It's like saying "no offence" before saying some really disrespectful shit and expecting the other person not to get mad. Dude, he's a 20-something year old man who called Em's underage daughter "hot af" and did it several times. Even Em's haters (e.g., Charlamagne) have said the tweet was way out of bounds and what Em did after that was fair game. And MGK tweeted a similar line to the rap god one after the feature, that made it more clear it was directed at Eminem, so it wasn't only once. Get your facts straight ;).

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013

That's exactly what Eminem said too. It wasn't the original tweet, which industry people have said would have been enough anyway, but the fact that he kept talking about it time and time again. That takes away the excuse that it was a mistake. Em actually gives people more of a chance than he used to before going at them. He wasn't gonna go after Tyler and Earl after they threw shots because he said he remembers when he was young and stupid, but when they kept doing it, he was like "Ok, I'm not gonna be a punching bag."

Reactions: RickP

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
My response would be the exact same thing I said in my previous post. Agree to disagree I guess. And this sums up my opinion too:

Agreed 100%. I don't think MGK had bad intentions with that initial tweet, but at some point, you have to realize your mistake and stop acting like a victim. It took 6 years of direct/indirect shots at Eminem for him to finally respond, and MGK popped some champagne when he finally did. Not a coincidence to me.

Then he made a full song, with a catchy beat, a chorus every 30 seconds or so, a video, he put the song on iTunes and every other platform to try to get money.

Eminem, on the other hand, rapped on a slow, dark beat, made one long verse, and put the song out for free.

This is pretty telling of the whole situation. Can't blame MGK for trying to make money. But I mean, it is pretty telling to me. Just my opinion of course.
Not to mention he is announcing the release of an album.

Reactions: RickP

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Lmao so because he said Em is king that makes it respectful regardless of what else was said in the tweet? It's like saying "no offence" before saying some really disrespectful **** and expecting the other person not to get mad. Dude, he's a 20-something year old man who called Em's underage daughter "hot af" and did it several times. Even Em's haters (e.g., Charlamagne) have said the tweet was way out of bounds and what Em did after that was fair game. And MGK tweeted a similar line to the rap god one after the feature, that made it more clear it was directed at Eminem, so it wasn't only once. Get your facts straight ;).
The ironic part is Eminem has said far worse when he was older about underage females. Ass like that for example.

Reactions: Ares

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
The ironic part is Eminem has said far worse when he was older about underage females. Ass like that for example.
There's a difference though. Eminem's was in the context of entertainment, or art. He's always said what he's said on wax, not on Twitter when he was being Marshall Mathers. He's always been consistent with the fact that he's playing a character named Slim Shady who says ridiculous stuff, as a way to point out the hypocrisy of society in that exposing people to violence is no problem, but profanity or explicit lyrics is monstrous. One could argue that he was a big catalyst behind society becoming less PC in public, aligning more with all of our private personas, where we're able to differentiate between serious and not serious. We wouldn't say an actor who plays a controversial character is the same as someone who IS controversial in real life, and Eminem has always explained the difference between the characters in his art and his real-life persona.

Conversely, MGK used his personal Twitter account and repeated himself in media interviews.

Reactions: Stand Witness

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
There's a difference though. Eminem's was in the context of entertainment, or art. He's always said what he's said on wax, not on Twitter when he was being Marshall Mathers. He's always been consistent with the fact that he's playing a character named Slim Shady who says ridiculous stuff, as a way to point out the hypocrisy of society in that exposing people to violence is no problem, but profanity or explicit lyrics is monstrous. One could argue that he was a big catalyst behind society becoming less PC in public, aligning more with all of our private personas, where we're able to differentiate between serious and not serious. We wouldn't say an actor who plays a controversial character is the same as someone who IS controversial in real life, and Eminem has always explained the difference between the characters in his art and his real-life persona.

Conversely, MGK used his personal Twitter account and repeated himself in media interviews.

^this, plus there's a difference between talking about a pop star (like Hilary Duff) that's on TV and on the radio every day, and talking about someone's kid, who doesn't live in the public eye.

Also, on a different note, just for those curious to get more "insider" details on MGK, here's an old "friend" of his... He made a reaction video to "Rap Devil":

He liked the track, but he did mention a lot of intersting stuff about MGK. It gets especially interesting at around 10:45, where he gets mad at something MGK said. Obviously, it's only this guy's opinion, but it's interesting to hear his take.

Ares

May 8, 2018
Lmao so because he said Em is king that makes it respectful regardless of what else was said in the tweet? It's like saying "no offence" before saying some really disrespectful **** and expecting the other person not to get mad. Dude, he's a 20-something year old man who called Em's underage daughter "hot af" and did it several times. Even Em's haters (e.g., Charlamagne) have said the tweet was way out of bounds and what Em did after that was fair game. And MGK tweeted a similar line to the rap god one after the feature, that made it more clear it was directed at Eminem, so it wasn't only once. Get your facts straight ;).

That's splitting hairs. The only difference between the original line is "you" vs "yall." And again it was only a tweet and Em saw it was like "oh he must be talking about ME!" Like I said at that point everyone was saying Revival was trash and Eminem should retire so he was just mad and making excuses to go after folk. Lets not pretend he has any moral high ground here. He has said infinitely worse things about other people's daughters so lets not pretend he's the good guy here just defending his daughter when the truth is what this is really about is his ego.

MGK was 21 when tweeted that. Hailie was what 16, 17? I think it's a really stupid tweet but I don't think there's any malice behind it. Just a stupid tweet from a stupid young kid. That's it. It's ridiculous to make it into something more than that. Like c'mon. Get off your high horse.

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Not sure if it's been mentioned but Killshot is actually a movie in which Colson (the persons name in the movie and also MGKs real name) is hunted by a psychopath. Likely not a coincidence and probably where Em got the idea of a song title.

Do you guys think MGK comes back?

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton

Actors are completely different. So if MGK used an "internet alter ego" that was a pedophile can he now talk about how he likes underage girls? Probably not. He also talks about killing his wife and that's someone else's daughter. He even went as far to have a doll on stage and pretend to kill her during a concert while she was in the crowd. Just a character? Tell that to his wife that went home that night and attempted suicide.

Before anyone calls me an Eminem hater I am not. In the slightest. In fact he is about the only person in music I listen to. I'm merely pointing out the irony and his tweet wasn't even bad. He called someone hot. Why are we blowing that up?

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
Actors are completely different. So if MGK used an "internet alter ego" that was a pedophile can he now talk about how he likes underage girls? Probably not. He also talks about killing his wife and that's someone else's daughter. He even went as far to have a doll on stage and pretend to kill her during a concert while she was in the crowd. Just a character? Tell that to his wife that went home that night and attempted suicide.

Before anyone calls me an Eminem hater I am not. In the slightest. In fact he is about the only person in music I listen to. I'm merely pointing out the irony and his tweet wasn't even bad. He called someone hot. Why are we blowing that up?
Actors and rappers both play characters. Rap began as just telling stories from a point of view other than your own, it's ingrained in the culture. And MGK is using his own Twitter account and speaking as MGK so I'm not sure where you're going with the internet pedophile character comparison.

Hailey was underage when a 20-something man called her "hot af," and did so multiple times. I'm sure you wouldn't be too happy if a 20-something man kept saying publicly how hot he thought your underage daughter was and sexualized her like that. I don't understand how people think that's ok. Like, if I go to the local high school and start calling girls hot, there's gonna be a problem lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad