Music: Eminem - Kamikaze

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
That's splitting hairs. The only difference between the original line is "you" vs "yall." And again it was only a tweet and Em saw it was like "oh he must be talking about ME!" Like I said at that point everyone was saying Revival was trash and Eminem should retire so he was just mad and making excuses to go after folk. Lets not pretend he has any moral high ground here. He has said infinitely worse things about other people's daughters so lets not pretend he's the good guy here just defending his daughter when the truth is what this is really about is his ego.

MGK was 21 when tweeted that. Hailie was what 16, 17? I think it's a really stupid tweet but I don't think there's any malice behind it. Just a stupid tweet from a stupid young kid. That's it. It's ridiculous to make it into something more than that. Like c'mon. Get off your high horse.
MGK said gods plural in the techn9ne line, then spoke singular in a tweet to make sure Em knew it was about him. It was pretty obvious it was about him, as he's the only one who calls himself the rap god. And I'll refer you to my reply to Mapes about making comments about underage girls. Go to the local high school and start making comments about how hot the girls are and see if people think it's ok. My mind is blown that grown men are defending someone sexualizing a minor. Like, you dislike Eminem that much, huh? Lol.

And who cares if Eminem did go after all the people who trashed Revival? With the exception of MGK and Earl, most of the disses were on people who trashed the album. They did so in a really over-the-top way that went beyond usual criticism of an album. There's free speech, but that doesn't mean there's no consequences for your free speech. Talk shit, get hit. If they're not even close to his level and are talking mad trash about him, of course he's gonna fire back. This is nothing new in rap.

Ares

May 8, 2018
There's a difference though. Eminem's was in the context of entertainment, or art. He's always said what he's said on wax, not on Twitter when he was being Marshall Mathers. He's always been consistent with the fact that he's playing a character named Slim Shady who says ridiculous stuff, as a way to point out the hypocrisy of society in that exposing people to violence is no problem, but profanity or explicit lyrics is monstrous. One could argue that he was a big catalyst behind society becoming less PC in public, aligning more with all of our private personas, where we're able to differentiate between serious and not serious. We wouldn't say an actor who plays a controversial character is the same as someone who IS controversial in real life, and Eminem has always explained the difference between the characters in his art and his real-life persona.

Conversely, MGK used his personal Twitter account and repeated himself in media interviews.
So Eminem is making money out of it and somehow that's better? When you're 50 year old and rapping about raping Hannah Montanah or Iggy Azalea that's okay? Not to even mention that Eminem is no saint in real life either. He's both a woman beater IRL (everyone knows he was mentally and physically abusive towards Kim) and a rapper who makes money out of writing misogynistic lyrics that promote violence against women and minorities.

Shut the f*** up hypocrite.

Ares

May 8, 2018
MGK said gods plural in the techn9ne line, then spoke singular in a tweet to make sure Em knew it was about him.

Yeah right. :rolleyes:

Eminem's career is just him name dropping celebs for publicity. That's something I've always disliked about his music. It's cheap and lazy. He complains that people are taking it the wrong way when someone dares speak against it but oh dear the moment someone takes a shot at HIM he immediately gets his nickers in a twist.

I don't know man. I only liked 3 tracks on Revival (Bad Husband, Arose and Castle). Rest was trash. His Trump freestyle was god awful. Kamikaze was better but none of those songs are going to be timeless hits like his earlier work. It's true that Eminem isn't getting better with time. When you're at the top the only way is down.

Then you hear about him hindering other people's careers and shit like that. Hard not to think his time has passed.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Yeah right. :rolleyes:

Eminem's career is just him name dropping celebs for publicity. That's something I've always disliked about his music. It's cheap and lazy. He complains that people are taking it the wrong way when someone dares speak against it but oh dear the moment someone takes a shot at HIM he immediately gets his nickers in a twist.

I don't know man. I only liked 3 tracks on Revival (Bad Husband, Arose and Castle). Rest was trash. His Trump freestyle was god awful. Kamikaze was better but none of those songs are going to be timeless hits like his earlier work. It's true that Eminem isn't getting better with time. When you're at the top the only way is down.

Then you hear about him hindering other people's careers and **** like that. Hard not to think his time has passed.

When you say “Eminem’s career is just him name dropping celebs for publicity”, your credibility goes out the window. He’s muchhhh more than that.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
So Eminem is making money out of it and somehow that's better? When you're 50 year old and rapping about raping Hannah Montanah or Iggy Azalea that's okay? Not to even mention that Eminem is no saint in real life either. He's both a woman beater IRL (everyone knows he was mentally and physically abusive towards Kim) and a rapper who makes money out of writing misogynistic lyrics that promote violence against women and minorities.

Shut the **** up hypocrite.

Alright, we're done here. I'm sorry you can't handle when someone drops logic on you. Go for a walk outside or something.

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
Not sure if it's been mentioned but Killshot is actually a movie in which Colson (the persons name in the movie and also MGKs real name) is hunted by a psychopath. Likely not a coincidence and probably where Em got the idea of a song title.

Do you guys think MGK comes back?

I don't. There's not much he can say, without looking like someone desperate for attention. He might say a line or two here and there to troll Em, but not more than that.

I'm pretty sure Diddy is telling MGK to stay away from Eminem and just concentrate on releasing music to take advantage of whatever hype he may have right now. Not that Diddy is scared of Eminem, but he knows nothing good will come out of going at him once again.

Joyner Lucas, Royce Da 5'9 (and more) already said that they're ready to join Em in any beefs. They said they let Em do his thing on that 1-on-1, but next time they're jumping in. MGK can't compete with any of these rappers.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Welp, I was wrong. MGK prolly shouldn't stick to opening for Fall Out Boy.

So just to be clear...

- he tricked the fans into taking that middle finger pic
- they weren't even his fans
- they booed as soon as he turned around and they saw the shirt
- they booed him off the stage while he tried (pretty poorly) to perform Rap Devil

Not lookin' great Colson.

Reactions: RickP

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013

So just to be clear...

- they booed him off the stage while he tried (pretty poorly) to perform Rap Devil

Wow. I doubt Fallout Boy will ever ask him to tour with them again. MGK must be confusing "opening act" with "co-headliner." The majority of people aren't there to see him.

Also, maybe I'm spoiled by the hip hop concerts I've been to, but MGK seemed like he was basically his own hype man there with how much he was relying on backing vocals. It wasn't just the chorus either, which I know is common, but the verses.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah...it's starting to get picked up by other outlets. I mean, honestly I don't know how he thought that was actually going to work out for him. It was already over when Eminem dropped Killshot, but now even if he wanted to there's no way MGK can come back from this. He's done.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
Yeah...it's starting to get picked up by other outlets. I mean, honestly I don't know how he thought that was actually going to work out for him. It was already over when Eminem dropped Killshot, but now even if he wanted to there's no way MGK can come back from this. He's done.
He's just looking for attention, which we all knew from the beginning, and Em said in his original diss (I mention you, lose-lose for me, win-win for you, millions of views). And I guess it's working since we're talking about him and Rap Devil got 7o-something million views (although Killshot broke the record for most-listened audio track in 24 hours and is one of the biggest Youtube debuts of all time INCLUDING videos). But it shows where his head is at when he immediately puts Rap Devil on iTunes, merches it out, and is now performing it on tour lol. I don't think Em's ever performed a diss track on tour, and some of his disses were just him f***ing around in the studio and got leaked.

He's really just confirming what Em said about him, and that's that Em had to give him a career to destroy it. I mean, he's not a bad rapper, but he's not on anyone's radar who's not really, really into rap until Eminem mentions him. All of this "he grazed me" and now the #legshot merch reminds me of the quote "The lady doth protest too much." He knows he got murked.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016

So just to be clear...

Lololol, this guy is in so far over his head with this beef. Geez.

RickP

Mar 14, 2017

So just to be clear...

What a clown.. Eminem really hit the nail when he referred to him as Stan...

An obsessed Eminem fan, turning on Eminem when things don't go his way with his idol... and eventually killing himself.

I hope you know I ripped all of your pictures off the wall
I loved you Slim, we could have been together, think about it
You ruined it now

Reactions: Magic Man

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
I love how MGK is going around wearing Killshot merchandise and pretending like he didn't just get annihilated. Rap Devil was kind of trash - it had a good beat, but all he did was say: "Hey Eminem, you're old, your beard is weird, you're grumpy, you're rich, and you're the GOAT". He spent half the song complimenting him. That's weak as hell for a diss track. Whereas Eminem actually came with some hard hitting lines, like: "I'd rather be 80 year old me than 20 year old you", "Feel like I'm babysitting Lil Tay", "I'm 45 and I'm still outselling you", "Had to give you a career to destroy it", "You're f***ing salty 'cause young Gerald's balls deep inside of Halsey", "Is that a death threat, or a love letter?", and probably the best of all, "But Kells, the day you put out a hit's the day Diddy admits that he put out the hit that got Pac killed". I know there are more that I missed, but that's the thing - Killshot had so many hard lines that I don't really have time to list them all. Eminem roasted him, and he didn't even sound like he was trying very hard.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
MGK said gods plural in the techn9ne line, then spoke singular in a tweet to make sure Em knew it was about him. It was pretty obvious it was about him, as he's the only one who calls himself the rap god. And I'll refer you to my reply to Mapes about making comments about underage girls. Go to the local high school and start making comments about how hot the girls are and see if people think it's ok. My mind is blown that grown men are defending someone sexualizing a minor. Like, you dislike Eminem that much, huh? Lol.

And who cares if Eminem did go after all the people who trashed Revival? With the exception of MGK and Earl, most of the disses were on people who trashed the album. They did so in a really over-the-top way that went beyond usual criticism of an album. There's free speech, but that doesn't mean there's no consequences for your free speech. Talk ****, get hit. If they're not even close to his level and are talking mad trash about him, of course he's gonna fire back. This is nothing new in rap.

Okay that's going to a high school. What if he was "playing a character" like Slim Shady? I'm saying both are wrong but I find the irony funny. He was also like 20 talking about a 16 year old which is still bad but not like he was 30.

And again I don't dislike Em and he's the only persons music I really listen to.

Agree on your second part but Em himself trashes his own albums :laugh: Out of all the people though hat trashes it, Joe Buddon has to hurt the most. This is a guy who Em tried to help throughout and he went trashing his songs.

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
I don't. There's not much he can say, without looking like someone desperate for attention. He might say a line or two here and there to troll Em, but not more than that.

I'm pretty sure Diddy is telling MGK to stay away from Eminem and just concentrate on releasing music to take advantage of whatever hype he may have right now. Not that Diddy is scared of Eminem, but he knows nothing good will come out of going at him once again.

Joyner Lucas, Royce Da 5'9 (and more) already said that they're ready to join Em in any beefs. They said they let Em do his thing on that 1-on-1, but next time they're jumping in. MGK can't compete with any of these rappers.
A diss track on his album dropping might not have been a terrible idea. Might increase sales but I get it. How many have come out well against him?

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
Okay that's going to a high school. What if he was "playing a character" like Slim Shady? I'm saying both are wrong but I find the irony funny. He was also like 20 talking about a 16 year old which is still bad but not like he was 30.

And again I don't dislike Em and he's the only persons music I really listen to.

Agree on your second part but Em himself trashes his own albums :laugh: Out of all the people though hat trashes it, Joe Buddon has to hurt the most. This is a guy who Em tried to help throughout and he went trashing his songs.
The comparison was MGK though, who had done this in real life and you said it wasn't a big deal. MGK was using his social media accounts, speaking as himself, and repeated himself in media interviews. He was in his 20s at the time too, not just 20., altho any age other than that would be covered by Romeo and Juliet laws makes it gross). This was never in his raps/in character, so I don't understand the comparison you're trying to make. Art and real life are two very different things.

Yeah, the Joe Budden stuff really hurt him. Where the Eminem haters get it twisted is when they think Em expects no criticism. Of course that's not the case. Dude's had a bullseye on him since he came up. What he has a problem with is when the criticism is over the top; llike when Joe, a guy who Em did a lot for like you said, called one of his songs the worst song he's ever heard (which is obviously false) and said he was trying to use black pain to sell records. That's a laughable take from Joe considering Em's life story.

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario

Tbh though, it's still pretty damn gross. To put it in perspective, MGK was 22 when he made those comments about Hailie, who was 16 at the time. He was old enough at the time to be a senior (4th year) in university, and he was talking about a high school sophomore. That's some pedo ass shit right there. I don't blame Em one bit for being pissed.

Reactions: Mach85

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
k can we talk about other beef, like Russ sending goons to jump Adam22 while he was getting his nails done?

edit: just realized this ain't even the hip hop thread, damn

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan

Can I ask you a question?
When someone plays a character in another form of entertainment media - television show, theatrical movie, theatrical play, radio show, sport personality (WWF/WCW wrestler, etc), do you take their statements during their performance as the views of the person, or as the statements of the character?

Also, if anyone doesn't know this, Marshall Mathers (jr I guess) grew up without a father in his life, his mother was constantly moving him from home to home and they spent a lot of time living with Marshall's grandparents. There's one thing the guy has done in his life that he swore up and down that he would, he's protected his daughters (3 of them, not just Hailie) from any and everyone that's posed even theoretical threats to them.

Listen to Mockingbird and you see just how serious he is, as Marshall Mathers and not Slim Shady/Eminem, about giving her the best he can while protecting her from anything negative.
Listen to Hailie's Song (whatever it's called when he ......sings.....) - Another song as Marshall and not Shady/Eminem.
The beef the guy had all those years ago with Benzino were fun and all, but when Ja Rule brought up Hailie, the tone changed. Benzino chased him down to settle the feud and apologize. Ja Rule's career is finished.

Anyone who knows anything about this guy knows that if you attack him on professional matters and even most personal matters, he responds in kind. They also know that his daughters are off limits and that the guy feels obligated to end the career of whoever attacks them or even mentions their names. He references that exact point in Like Toy Soldiers

Like Toy Soldiers

"There's a certain line you just don't cross and he crossed it
I heard him say Hailie's name on a song and I just lost it"

"But now it's elevated cause once you put someone's kids in it
The ....stuff...gets escalated, it ain't just words no more is it?
It's a different ball game, callin' names and you ain't just rappin"

Hailie's Song

Eminem - Hailie's Song Lyrics | AZLyrics.com

Man, if I could sing, I'd keep singing this song to my daughter
If I could hit the notes, I'd blow something as long as my father
To show her how I feel about her, how proud I am that I got her
God, I'm a daddy, I'm so glad that her mom didn't abort her
Now you probably get this picture from my public persona
That I'm a pistol-packing drug-addict who bags on his mama,
But I wanna just take this time out to be perfectly honest
'Cause there's a lot of ...stuff.. I keep bottled that hurts deep inside o' my soul,
And just know that I grow colder the older I grow
This boulder on my shoulder gets heavy and harder to hold
And this load is like the weight of the world
And I think my neck is breaking.
Should I just give up or try to live up to these expectations?
Now look, I love my daughter more than life in itself,
But I got a wife that's determined to make my life livin' hell
But I handle it well, given the circumstances I'm dealt
So many chances, man, it's too bad, could've had someone else
But the years that I've wasted are nothing to the tears that I've tasted
So here's what I'm facin':
3 felonies, 6 years of probation
I've went to jail for this woman,
I've been to bat for this woman
I've taken bats to people's backs, bent over backwards for this woman
Man, I should've seen it comin', what'd I stick my penis up in?
Would've ripped the pre-nup up if I'd seen what she was ....'
But ...screw... it, it's over, there's no more reason to cry no more
I got my baby, baby the only lady that I adore, Hailie
So sayonara, try tomorrow, nice to know ya
My baby's travelled back to the arms of her rightful owner
And suddenly it seems like my shoulder blades have just shifted
It's like the greatest gift you can get
The weight has been lifted

Honestly, this is a guy that you (MGK) consider to be the greatest of all time. He says that repeatedly, even in the track he released to diss the guy. What is going through your head when you decide to not only write that Tweet, but to double down on it afterwards. Unless you've been living under a rock since the mid 90's, you know this guys daughters are off limits and any mention of them is likely to get you lyrically destroyed. Yes, this is a guy with the ability to derail your career, and you think it smart to go to the one place he's told you and everyone in the world not to go, the one thing he has no remorse when defending?

The guy should have apologized immediately, taken every opportunity to walk back on it when asked. He didn't, now he's going the same way Ja Rule went.
Sad, I really liked the trio of Ja Rule, Fat Joe and Ashanti... I think. 2 of them are gone now :(

Reactions: sim420 and Mach85

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
No but that is scripted. His lines are wrote by him, for him. But how many movies talk about raping underage girls? How many about beating women? He nearly caused Kim to commit suicide and while she also has a poor relationship with her family (at 13 she and her sister ran away and started living with Em), it's still someone's daughter/sister/mother. Bad Husband is a perfect song. He's a great dad but a bad husband and he now realizes this. He loves his girls, even the ones who are not biologically his. I get why he'd be mad, but again I'm pointing out the irony. He has lived his whole career off controversy, that's how he made it big.

Also the difference between Ja and MGK is people actually know who Ja was. The line "Em you claim your mothers a crack head and Kim is a known slut so what's Hailie gonna be when she grows up" killed his career. That started war with the wrong person. MGK is solely trying to create controversy and war with Em so people even know his name. Show of hands, who hear of him before all this? I remember a WWE appearance and that's it. He's doing it to get his name out there. Ja already had his out there as he was already big. Like Em says "I mention you, lose/lose for me, win/win for you" but he just couldn't handle any more trash talking. He took the bait. That's what MGK wanted.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
No but that is scripted. His lines are wrote by him, for him. But how many movies talk about raping underage girls? How many about beating women? He nearly caused Kim to commit suicide and while she also has a poor relationship with her family (at 13 she and her sister ran away and started living with Em), it's still someone's daughter/sister/mother. Bad Husband is a perfect song. He's a great dad but a bad husband and he now realizes this. He loves his girls, even the ones who are not biologically his. I get why he'd be mad, but again I'm pointing out the irony. He has lived his whole career off controversy, that's how he made it big.

Also the difference between Ja and MGK is people actually know who Ja was. The line "Em you claim your mothers a crack head and Kim is a known **** so what's Hailie gonna be when she grows up" killed his career. That started war with the wrong person. MGK is solely trying to create controversy and war with Em so people even know his name. Show of hands, who hear of him before all this? I remember a WWE appearance and that's it. He's doing it to get his name out there. Ja already had his out there as he was already big. Like Em says "I mention you, lose/lose for me, win/win for you" but he just couldn't handle any more trash talking. He took the bait. That's what MGK wanted.

I get what you're saying, but regardless of whether Eminem took the bait or not, MGK gets what he wanted.
Eminem doesn't respond - Eminem's scared to go after someone who keeps taking shots at him and has even crossed the line with his girls. Check out [video link] for more details. Etc....
Eminem does respond - What is MGK going to do now? Stay tuned to the next installment of Eminem vs MGK 2018!!!!

The line where you say he's lived his entire career off controversy isn't quite true either.
My first CD was Marshall Mathers LP. I quickly bought the Slim Shady LP and EP.....might have downloaded that EP.
I then downloaded Infinite - an album I don't know if many people know of. There's not a whole lot of controversy there. It's just some guy with so much on his mind putting it all out there in words with a beat and some convoluted rhyming patterns.

8 Mile - the soundtrack not the movie, was yet another one where this guy just oozes talent on the mic with his storytelling.

It's true that Slim Shady is the fun one to listen to when he's angry and has a message for someone. It's also the bats.... crazy guy from Amityville, Kim, 97 Bonnie and Clyde, Kill You, Till I Collapse, etc....

Slim Shady is the alter ego who wants to throw bombs at everyone. He'll say anything at any time and couldn't care less about the repercussions. It's an alter ego, he doesn't exist in the real world.

Eminem is the silly jackass that comes out with stupid songs like Drips, Just Lose it, My Band, Purple Pills, and others that are equally fluff.

Marshall Mathers is that storyteller who has a lot to write about and wants to let the world into his past, present and hopes for the future. This is also the guy that has a political conscience. Infinite, Stan, Marshall Mathers, Drug Ballad, Mosh, Like Toy Soldiers, Mockingbird, etc...

I remember the interview with Anderson Cooper. A relatively shy guy who has an impressive grasp on the language and ways to manipulate words and sounds to create a picture far outside the scope of the written words on the page. He's admitted that had he not been a rapper, he'd have ultimately become an author.

Don't sell the guy's pure talent short. Yes it is true that he's never shied from controversy and has very often chased it. He's also much much more than an attention ..... you know, as opposed to the majority of those same people who stir stuff up constantly to distract from their complete lack of talent.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->