Player Discussion: Emil Martinsen Lilleberg

NorraSverigeHockey

Jan 16, 2024
He´s got lots of potential and his size is an asset, but we have started to see the areas, where he he needs to develop. Sometimes he´s not strong enough in one on one situations and he looses battles in critical situations on the defensive zone. He is very active when offensive.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Hasn't been very good since that big hit on Leason. Don't see him laying the body or finishing checks as much either. He has been getting exposed a bit lately, but you can tell they want him to go through it as he learns the NHL game. He'll be fine, but definitely looks like a rookie out there at times.

It's OK if your #6 is one of Lilleberg/De Haan/Fleury, anything beyond that not so much right now.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
owg6l734wrnc1.jpeg

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Through his first 23 NHL games he has 69 hits - Top 10 in the league among dmen during that time frame (January 6th - March 7th)
Started solidz Showed flashes of a top 4 d, and started to slow down. Needs to be more consistent and improve to solidify a spot in the top 6 d. Could be a cheap replacement for Cernak.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Lilleberg's breakout play to Pointer and his assist:

Coop after the game:
"When you come into this league you're kinda eyes wide open, and honestly you're just trying to survive. I thought he had a great start, and then I think he found himself on the tough side of some minuses. Whether it was his fault or not they can eat at you. But it was a great first step for him to come in, and then he went back for a little bit, and then we bring him back again, and he's really just grown. A big part of his game is the physical side of things which I think he's really taken care of, but he's breaking the puck out for us, and then Pointer goal he was just hammering the puck. That's what we need out of him. I think him and Perby have really meshed well together, and so has his game."

kameraten

Jan 18, 2024
Sarpsborg
Some nice games from him recently. Also hope that his presence on the Lightning has created some new Lightning fans in Norway.
At least you now have everyone in Emil's hometown Sarpsborg rooting for you! :) In the hallways of his local Norwegian team (Sparta) Emil and Tampa is a hot topic amongst parents and people working in the club. Here everything is semi-professional and a high number of the people doing work for the club is doing it for free, so people really care about hockey and the players growing out of this club are heros :) All the kids are dreaming of Tampa jerseys with #78 these days :)

The small hockey community in Norway is of course rooting for the Norwegian players. We only have 2 guys in the league now with Lilleberg in Tampa and Zuccarello in Minnesota. Zucca is at the end of his career and is (in my opinion) playing a really boring team. Without Kaprizov Minnesota is zzzzzz.

This is the second NHL player Sparta has produced. Jonas Holøs was also a D-man playing Colorado in 2010/2011 season and now works as coach in the club.

The 7pm games starts at 1am in Norway so a lot of people watch the games recorded the day after. On Saturday I think the broadcasters will see a lot of Norwegian watchers since that game starts 7pm Norwegian time.

Good luck in the end race of the season! It looked really dark a couple of months ago, but now I would be extremely surprised if you don't make it to playoffs. Thats gonna be even more fun!
After a good start his performance was dropping, but luckily after being recalled he seems to have developed a lot. I hope he's not pairing up with Dumba anymore - he's dangerous!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad