Player Discussion: Emil Martinsen Lilleberg

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I think he's clearly at worst the #3 best LD on the team with everyone healthy.

Fleury and now him stepping up is exactly what the doctor ordered

Reactions: Maelmoor

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
That won't be his last big "kronwalled' type hit. I do wonder though if he can handle himself because it ain't the 90's and early 2000's. Kronwall regularly handed out those massive open ice hits but never had over 50 min in penalties in a season. Now, he did have Probert and McCarty to back him up for many of those years, but still...In this version of the NHL, any big hit is reason for an exchange of pleasantries. Doubt he fought much in Norway and has only a short stint in Syracuse. Time will tell I guess.

aylib

Mods are lame
Mar 26, 2002
St. Pete, FL
That won't be his last big "kronwalled' type hit. I do wonder though if he can handle himself because it ain't the 90's and early 2000's. Kronwall regularly handed out those massive open ice hits but never had over 50 min in penalties in a season. Now, he did have Probert and McCarty to back him up for many of those years, but still...In this version of the NHL, any big hit is reason for an exchange of pleasantries. Doubt he fought much in Norway and has only a short stint in Syracuse. Time will tell I guess.
I dont think Probie was around when Kronwall came up; I do think that Lilly might catch something like Anderson on Cernak.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
He has the almighty Jeannot for that

Reactions: Stelio Kontos

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Lilleberg did fight when he played in Norway and Sweden. But over there you'll get a suspension for fighting, so you don't see a lot of this.

I'm pretty sure he can take care of himself if he's forced to drop the gloves, and I'd think it's something he expects when he plays his physical game.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Kronwall did not have Probert at all and had mcarty only for a few years on the team when Kronwall came to the show and became a monster.

aylib

Mods are lame
Mar 26, 2002
St. Pete, FL
Not nitpicking by any means, love the guy and what he brings; I think I’ve noticed him stubble and fall/lose balance on a handful of occasions over the span of several games, was curious whether that was something related to nerves, skate blade, whether there is something going on with his pivoting, or I’m overthinking this.

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
Not nitpicking by any means, love the guy and what he brings; I think I’ve noticed him stubble and fall/lose balance on a handful of occasions over the span of several games, was curious whether that was something related to nerves, skate blade, whether there is something going on with his pivoting, or I’m overthinking this.
Me too. He has a hitch in his pivots that needs to be Underhilled.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
He never played with Probert, and had maybe 16 games with McCarty.

Reactions: Outl4w

Tampa22

Eternally grateful TBL enforcers!
Oct 11, 2010
Buenos Aires, Argentina
We just gotta make sure not to drink too much Kool Aid. Remember how excited we were with the early potential of Dotchin, Perbix and even Sustr. It's possible Lily comes crashing down
I'm in about Dotchin, but don't with Perbix and even less Sustr, can't believe how much time he stayed with the club and even worst sign him again a couple of seasons ago...

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
Anybody else who might think he , Emil Martinsen Lilleng , will
Stick here anytime? 😁 Thank you all folks. My phone is in trouble, so sorry

Reactions: Peacefool

Tampa22

Eternally grateful TBL enforcers!
Oct 11, 2010
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Yep, don't see the fire of the first games. That can change, he's a young kid but that is the age to eat the world and use his "chance". Maybe the slump of the team impacted on him. Just expected more, still have faith.

Reactions: Outl4w

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
He's been solid as a 3LD, and hasn't faded or anything. It's been 18 games or whatever, and he still looks to have a future in the NHL as a 5/6 type most likely.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00