Prospect Info: Emil Heineman

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Struble (a non elite talent) obviously missed that memo
Yeah, but he has a pretty good positional game and has confidence. If the player is worried about getting caught out of position he will dial back certain parts of his game, like hitting. Struble has the confidence and the execution.

My point is that I'm sure with Heinman the game the poster liked will come soon enough.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Looks like Heineman is doing pretty well. 10 pts in is last 10 gms. 7 goals and 14 pts in 17 gms this season. Hoping he stays healthy for the remaining 32 regular season games. Another bright spot in Laval.

Yes. Just stay healthy and have a solid, healthy, offseason & camp.

Kid has all the tools to fill a big middle 6 need for us, but he needs to put together a few healthy months to get that confidence & consistency going

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Looks like Heineman is doing pretty well. 10 pts in is last 10 gms. 7 goals and 14 pts in 17 gms this season. Hoping he stays healthy for the remaining 32 regular season games. Another bright spot in Laval.
I think this guy will be long term player for Habs. I was at camp other year he was one of our best players. Injuries has slowed him down why he not in Montreal now.

Probably two way mid liner.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yes. Just stay healthy and have a solid, healthy, offseason & camp.

Kid has all the tools to fill a big middle 6 need for us, but he needs to put together a few healthy months to get that confidence & consistency going

And, I still think Ylonen is better than him.

Hopefully they both can bring speed, skill, and physicality to our lineup. Just need to move out washed up vets to make room for them (Dvo and Armia).

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
And, I still think Ylonen is better than him.

Hopefully they both can bring speed, skill, and physicality to our lineup. Just need to move out washed up vets to make room for them (Dvo and Armia).
I see Ylonen's tools but I don't like how he plays the game. Not that he has low IQ, but it's a type of good tools no toolbox to me...

I think Heineman plays the game better, with more of a NA style of play. Probably won't be great but I expect a few years on the 3rd line, sometimes 2nd from him.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Heineman has been much better in the AHL then Ylonen but it's still a smaller sample size since he's had injuries but his game is way more suited to the bottom 6 as he's fast, physical, hard working, just not sure how skilled or smart he is. Ylonen in the past was so soft he would often be invisible for several games at a time.

billy piton

Apr 5, 2010
Zagreb
Heineman has been much better in the AHL then Ylonen but it's still a smaller sample size since he's had injuries but his game is way more suited to the bottom 6 as he's fast, physical, hard working, just not sure how skilled or smart he is. Ylonen in the past was so soft he would often be invisible for several games at a time.
ylonen is way too soft for the nhl. on paper, he has solid tools, speed, size shot, dangle... but even slightest breeze and he loses the puck. heineman could be a good one, tho.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I haven't been able to watch recently. But. A few weeks ago it looked like all the weight Ylonen put on in the offseason was paying off amd he was developing a physical presence. Not sure his trajectory in terms of the physicality of his game won't be similar to ANdrei Koatitsyn, who became a beast on the forecheck after starting out his career timidly.

Heineman's extreme physical style I fear may lead him to have more of a Brett Lindros career trajectory.

Reactions: montreal

LesHabitants

Oct 20, 2022
I haven't been able to watch recently. But. A few weeks ago it looked like all the weight Ylonen put on in the offseason was paying off amd he was developing a physical presence. Not sure his trajectory in terms of the physicality of his game won't be similar to ANdrei Koatitsyn, who became a beast on the forecheck after starting out his career timidly.

Heineman's extreme physical style I fear may lead him to have more of a Brett Lindros career trajectory.
I'd be okay if he had an Eric Lindros type career.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

Lindros was concussons. I don't believe Heineman's injuries were concussions.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Doubt anyone will get this,heard an interview with him and he sounds, and his way of talking is just like Munch from the latest season of Fargo, creepy bastard.:nod:

sam spruell.jpg

Destopcorner

Apr 29, 2018
Once he gets called up and put in the right chair, I see him becoming what we hoped Anderson would be. Same mold, same blazing speed, a Patch like release and pretty good playmaking ability. He's one powerful human and his truculent mean streak is eye catching. Love his occasional reverse hit. I wish they try him with Slaf and Dach next year...

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Once he gets called up and put in the right chair, I see him becoming what we hoped Anderson would be. Same mold, same blazing speed, a Patch like release and pretty good playmaking ability. He's one powerful human and his truculent mean streak is eye catching. Love his occasional reverse hit. I wish they try him with Slaf and Dach next year...
I like him in the 4th line winger role. Much more suitable than Ylonen IMO. Replace Pezz with Heineman.

Reactions: 26Mats

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

too early to say but at worst as long as he stays healthy I think he can be a solid 4th liner. He could well be a Anderson type though as he is big and fast and physical. I'm not sure about how good the offense is but he's been better in the AHL then I thought he would be production wise.

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
too early to say but at worst as long as he stays healthy I think he can be a solid 4th liner. He could well be a Anderson type though as he is big and fast and physical. I'm not sure about how good the offense is but he's been better in the AHL then I thought he would be production wise.
He has regressed a little bit this year. Perhaps it's the injuries, but perhaps he's tried to put on too much weight. He seems slower and less agile than last year. I didn't look up his weight vs last year, but he doesn't look fast out there. Obviously, confidence is a factor and he didn't have a good start.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I have been a tad harsh on him recently but his physical play, his solid penalty killing has me thinking he could become a solid 3rd line player who could slide into the top 6 when needed. He does possess a really good shot.

Reactions: Rapala

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
I have been a tad harsh on him recently but his physical play, his solid penalty killing has me thinking he could become a solid 3rd line player who could slide into the top 6 when needed. He does possess a really good shot.
He needs to stay healthy.

Reactions: Tyson

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
he's another dime a dozen prospect that will never see the NHL on a regular basis.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
he's another dime a dozen prospect that will never see the NHL on a regular basis.
3rd or 4th liner if he can stay healthy. He doesn't have the greatest hockey sense. But he has a good shot, and speed and physicality. And he works his ass off.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
3rd or 4th liner if he can stay healthy. He doesn't have the greatest hockey sense. But he has a good shot, and speed and physicality. And he works his ass off.
Dime a dozen, like I said. We can do better, we have to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad