Prospect Info: Emil Heineman

Fatbiggie

Unregistered User
Jul 30, 2005
Any news on his injury?

He had a collision with a referee yesterday in game… You can’t make that up, such a Habs thing

Reactions: Rapala

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Any news on his injury?

He had a collision with a referee yesterday in game… You can’t make that up, such a Habs thing

Heineman plays a very aggressive style. He keeps his eyes on the puck carrier and goes a hundred miles an hour on him. I wouldn't be surprised at all if injuries are a serious problem for him in his career. He may have to tone down the way he plays.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Let me get this straight, Heineman falls behind the net, and hits his head on the refs knee ,and suffers a concussion. WTF.

And Dach

And Reinbacher

WTF
Remember when people tried the argument that Slaf should have played in Laval or Europe because the injury risk in Montreal was uniquely high?

Good times.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Remember when people tried the argument that Slaf should have played in Laval or Europe because the injury risk in Montreal was uniquely high?

Good times.
If we are at the point where we have to take "being cursed" as a development consideration, then I don't know. Lol.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Heineman has played a handful of games, I am wondering what folks think of his game so far? I know it's early, just curious. Does he show NHL potential?

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Heineman has played a handful of games, I am wondering what folks think of his game so far? I know it's early, just curious. Does he show NHL potential?
Big, fast , great shot, yes hes an NHL player. He could easily replace Armia in the lineup. Bottom 6 player

Reactions: montreal

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
I was expecting more to be honest. My recollection (eye test) in the pre-season was he had more of a physical presence and shot more. In regular season I am not seeing that in the games yet. I checked his game log for regular season - no shots on net yet, and ~1 hit a game.

Good news is it's still early. Another positive sign - his ice time has increased every game. It will be interesting to see how he looks at game 10, 20, etc. in the NHL.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Not impressed…another Ylonen. Looks good skating around in circles, but doesn’t really do anything - neither attack the puck & drive the net

Ylonen has at least found a niche purpose in shootouts

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
We need to remember that rookies mantra is " do no harm". Unless you are an elite talent and the team has given you the green light, a prospect has to really put positional play as his priority, and doing things like playing physical can put you out of position. So it's all good.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
We need to remember that rookies mantra is " do no harm". Unless you are an elite talent and the team has given you the green light, a prospect has to really put positional play as his priority, and doing things like playing physical can put you out of position. So it's all good.
Struble (a non elite talent) obviously missed that memo

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Struble (a non elite talent) obviously missed that memo
His positional play is mostly excellent so this is a weird retort.

As for Heinemen, it feels like I can see him thinking sometimes if that makes sense? He looks like he’s ready to explode sometimes and looks passive other times. Happy to let him acclimate as he has some tools and features missing from the forward group.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Not impressed…another Ylonen. Looks good skating around in circles, but doesn’t really do anything - neither attack the puck & drive the net

Ylonen has at least found a niche purpose in shootouts
While you may ultimately be right in your assessment I think we need a larger sample size.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad