Prospect Info: Emil Heineman

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
He’s got a nice set of tools. Good size, good speed, high compete level and can really shoot the puck. Hopefully a cut above Ylonen. To me the trade hinges on him. If he ends up a top 6 player this will be a great trade. If not, we could have waited and gotten better IMO.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He’s got a nice set of tools. Good size, good speed, high compete level and can really shoot the puck. Hopefully a cut above Ylonen. To me the trade hinges on him. If he ends up a top 6 player this will be a great trade. If not, we could have waited and gotten better IMO.

For a trade like this I just want one good young player, either from the pick or the prospect.

Suzuki from the Pacioretty trade and Paciorety from the Craig Rivet trade are prime examples. Tatar and Gorges were great bonuses, but ideally we get 1 really good young player, regardless of the other pieces.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
For a trade like this I just want one good young player, either from the pick or the prospect.

Suzuki from the Pacioretty trade and Paciorety from the Craig Rivet trade are prime examples. Tatar and Gorges were great bonuses, but ideally we get 1 really good young player, regardless of the other pieces.
Ya I’m not sure if Heineman is that guy. Hopefully he is. It’s always tough to tell how good these Europeans are. Seems he’s gotten hot lately though, hopefully more than just a streak. I do like the tools.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Ya I’m not sure if Heineman is that guy. Hopefully he is. It’s always tough to tell how good these Europeans are. Seems he’s gotten hot lately though, hopefully more than just a streak. I do like the tools.

Isn't that guy, for sure. He is more a B-prospect. But the 1st pick is really good piece, can be a A-prospect if we draft well. (Look at Logan Mailloux, drafted at 31. Pastrnak at 25). 2022 is a really good depth draft.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Also, really interested in drafting his teammate. Wonder if we will grab him now that we will be watching Emil.

Swiss Defenseman for Leksands, Lian Bishsel. Huge defenseman. 6'5, 215 pounds. He's a very good skater too. Have him ranked highly. Started the year in the Junior Swedeish leagues, but moved up after posting 7 points in 11 games. Has posted 2 points and a -1 in 18 games in the SHL as a 17 year old.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Mandalorian

Screw the tank, just WIN BABY!
Jan 3, 2022
In your head, rent free
Some projection at his draft were Carl Hagelin: Emil Heineman Scouting Report: 2020 NHL Draft #76

Some reports:

A goal-scoring winger who plays a very good 200-foot game. A very good skater. Not afraid to play the body. Great on-ice effort level. Very good by the boards. Lacks high-end offensive tools but projects to become a good complementary winger at the NHL level.

A cerebral player who takes the right routes and makes good decisions on or off the puck, Heineman is the quintessential playmaker because he puts defensemen and goalies on notice the second he hops over the boards.

He's the type that can fit anywhere in the lineup and play any role. There's a strong push to his stride, which gives him added acceleration and top speed while skating in a straight line. He's always got his feet moving, always maintains a high battle-level, and never shies away from making personal sacrifices to improve the two-way health of his team.

Locks

May 28, 2005

Domenic

Jan 13, 2007
Calgary, AB
Some projection at his draft were Carl Hagelin: Emil Heineman Scouting Report: 2020 NHL Draft #76

Some reports:

A goal-scoring winger who plays a very good 200-foot game. A very good skater. Not afraid to play the body. Great on-ice effort level. Very good by the boards. Lacks high-end offensive tools but projects to become a good complementary winger at the NHL level.

A cerebral player who takes the right routes and makes good decisions on or off the puck, Heineman is the quintessential playmaker because he puts defensemen and goalies on notice the second he hops over the boards.

He's the type that can fit anywhere in the lineup and play any role. There's a strong push to his stride, which gives him added acceleration and top speed while skating in a straight line. He's always got his feet moving, always maintains a high battle-level, and never shies away from making personal sacrifices to improve the two-way health of his team.

Lehkonen with better finish?

Reactions: Mandalorian

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Isn't that guy, for sure. He is more a B-prospect. But the 1st pick is really good piece, can be a A-prospect if we draft well. (Look at Logan Mailloux, drafted at 31. Pastrnak at 25). 2022 is a really good depth draft.
I wouldn’t say for sure. There is pretty big upside with Heineman I’d say. The floor is decent as well. If he was tearing up the AHL instead it would be a lot easier to tell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad