Emery Fights his Team's Trainer

mrSlot

Jan 18, 2009
tsürii
hey all!

after this incident you guys think that Emery will stay with Atlant...? or will he be forced to stay?

By the way... what does he earn per year? I think there were a lot of other european clubs interested in him...if they only could pay his salary...

he still must be a good goaltender.. at least thats what his stats say on khl.ru.

SpooKy

Jul 22, 2003
Redondo Beach, California
This is still hockey right?

Without guessing your age and knowledge of professional sports, how in the world can you compare a cheap shot sucker punch of your trainer that has anything to do with hockey?

Enforcers fight in hockey, and yes there are punches being tossed around in the game. But this is a whole other story. Professional athletes have a job to do and promotions are part of it. Emery gets paid very well by his club to play, represent and help promote hockey in Russia. This is just another prime example of why Emery is in Russia in the first place.

Ray has a terrible history of attitude problems and team disrupting behaviour. And as a grown man in a high-paying hockey league, Emery is supposed to raise the bar, so to speak, and clearly this isn't what is being conveyed in that video.

After Ottawa got rid of Emery no NHL team wanted to take a chance on him. Even NHL teams sporting minor league goalies and losing valuable playoff points in the process wouldn't take a chance on Ray. That says a lot and so does your quote.

Just because you were angry by the actions of that trainer does not mean that he deserved to be punched. This isn't high school. Get a grip.

Last edited:

BogsDiamond

Anybody get 2 U yet?
Mar 16, 2008
Will somebody PLEASE get Avery and Emery on the same team!!!
Pure entertainment awaits!!!

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Stop trying to protect him. He is an idiot, obviously cameras didn't follow him for nothing in Ottawa.

This guy should have wore the damn hat, and because he made such a big deal over it is why he is an idiot in the first place.
he needs to bite his lip a whole lot more and realize that he is a ***** hockey player and NOT IN THE NBA!

Last edited by a moderator:

VladNYC*

I am not protecting any one. Any one who lets another man forcefully make him do something and doesn't do any thing is a *****. Maybe it's just a Russian and Black thing?

Last edited by a moderator:

VladNYC*

Without guessing your age and knowledge of professional sports, how in the world can you compare a cheap shot sucker punch of your trainer that has anything to do with hockey?

Enforcers fight in hockey, and yes there are punches being tossed around in the game. But this is a whole other story. Professional athletes have a job to do and promotions are part of it. Emery gets paid very well by his club to play, represent and help promote hockey in Russia. This is just another prime example of why Emery is in Russia in the first place.

Ray has a terrible history of attitude problems and team disrupting behaviour. And as a grown man in a high-paying hockey league, Emery is supposed to raise the bar, so to speak, and clearly this isn't what is being conveyed in that video.

After Ottawa got rid of Emery no NHL team wanted to take a chance on him. Even NHL teams sporting minor league goalies and losing valuable playoff points in the process wouldn't take a chance on Ray. That says a lot and so does your quote.

Just because you were angry by the actions of that trainer does not mean that he deserved to be punched. This isn't high school. Get a grip.

That wasn't a sucker punch at all. Not in the least. They were face to face and grinning at each other. Tough guys are tough no matter where they are.

This has nothing to do with high school. Do an experiment. Come up to a random Black guy or even a Russian guy in Brooklyn or Toronto or where ever and try to make him put on a hat he doesn't want to wear. See what happens. Players aren't cattle and despite the best efforts of "civilized society" there are still some real men around.

SpooKy

Jul 22, 2003
That wasn't a sucker punch at all. Not in the least. They were face to face and grinning at each other. Tough guys are tough no matter where they are.

This has nothing to do with high school. Do an experiment. Come up to a random Black guy or even a Russian guy in Brooklyn or Toronto or where ever and try to make him put on a hat he doesn't want to wear. See what happens. Players aren't cattle and despite the best efforts of "civilized society" there are still some real men around.

They are not getting paid millions to play ice-hockey. Ray Emery is, plain and simple. I agree with you though, in a way, I mean, I wouldn't want anyone pulling that crap with me. But we're talking about a different society, different values, different social structure here.

Emery's actions were typical of his past. That's all I'm really saying here. He's disruptive and not on the same page as the rest of his team. You can't have a side-show like that at all. So the trainer was insisting he wore a hat, big deal. Wear the damn hat, collect your millions and play the game. But instead of that, Emery attacked the trainer. That's a side-show if there ever was one. Rays agent probably fell over in disgust when news of this broke. That punch filled tirade virtually guaranteed he'll never see the NHL again.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Emery was pulled, imagine giving up 5 goals then some idiot trainer is trying to put a hat on your head or just harassing you in general (apparently the video didn’t show how long it was going on for, apparently a minute or more). If a goalie has a bad game it is best to leave him alone and let him stew, no matter whom the goalie is.

If this was Patrick Roy we would say "That’s just Patrick's competitive nature, he wants to win every game, and he was just mad over a bad gameâ€. Since it is Emery we call him a nut job. I am pretty sick of this vendetta against Emery, he was the scapegoat in Ottawa last year but I think it is obvious he was the least of Ottawa’s problems. He is having a fantastic season in the KHL

SpooKy

Jul 22, 2003
Emery was pulled, imagine giving up 5 goals then some idiot trainer is trying to put a hat on your head or just harassing you in general (apparently the video didn’t show how long it was going on for, apparently a minute or more). If a goalie has a bad game it is best to leave him alone and let him stew, no matter whom the goalie is.

If this was Patrick Roy we would say "That’s just Patrick's competitive nature, he wants to win every game, and he was just mad over a bad gameâ€. Since it is Emery we call him a nut job. I am pretty sick of this vendetta against Emery, he was the scapegoat in Ottawa last year but I think it is obvious he was the least of Ottawa’s problems. He is having a fantastic season in the KHL

This is a completely off-based argument, both the Emery comment and the Roy comment. Emery was a distraction, I didn't make this up, his team said that. Police issues, night-club incidents and idiotic club-house disagreements had his team devided and split. Ray Emery played his way into the KHL, which by the way, is just a slightly more talented AHL. I'm not impressed with his numbers at all.

Patrick Roy was a legend in the league. Yes, he had an attitude problem at times, that's well documented. He did not, however, attack his trainers when he was pulled from games. But I do agree with you that you shouldn't mess around with these guys when they get pulled. They're angry, upset and ready to kick some ass. But so am I after sales meetings, only I would be in jail if I did that. And now (not really now, but, you know, as a result of his actions) Ray Emery loses millions in future contracts and endorsements. It's a lose lose situation for him.

Patric Roy was pulled from a game after giving up a bunch of goals, had a fit and didn't want to play for Montreal any longer. After being traded to the Avs he won a cup. Nobody in North America wanted to take a chance on Emery. Very different situations, very different players.

VladNYC*

Patrick Roy was a legend in the league. Yes, he had an attitude problem at times, that's well documented. He did not, however, attack his trainers when he was pulled from games.

Patric Roy was pulled from a game after giving up a bunch of goals, had a fit and didn't want to play for Montreal any longer. After being traded to the Avs he won a cup. Nobody in North America wanted to take a chance on Emery. Very different situations, very different players.

See this is the problem. Just because Roy was a better goalie, it was okay for him to do whatever he wants. Roy's crazier escapades were kept under wrap while Emery's every fart was front page news. He is demonized in the news because that sells papers. Everyone wants to read about the crazy violent black guy.
Also, if Russian fans, Emery's club and the ownership have no problem with what happened, why do Canadians have a problem with what Emery is doing in Russia?

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
... Emery's every fart was front page news. He is demonized in the news because that sells papers.

Best showcased by the media storm his Mike Tyson mask made. Oh no Emery a fan of boxing put one of his boxing heroes on it, while the media says "But But But, Tyson was convicted of ****!!!!!â€

Don't you think that never entered Emery's mind, that he was celebrating Mike Tyson the athlete, not Mike Tyson the rapist. I saw Mike Tyson with boxing gloves on his mask, not a woman in an awkward position

Just an example of the media making a big deal over nothing because it was Emery, it was obvious he wasn't the distraction everyone said he was because Ottawa sucks even more without him.

SpooKy

Jul 22, 2003
See this is the problem. Just because Roy was a better goalie, it was okay for him to do whatever he wants. Roy's crazier escapades were kept under wrap while Emery's every fart was front page news. He is demonized in the news because that sells papers. Everyone wants to read about the crazy violent black guy.
Also, if Russian fans, Emery's club and the ownership have no problem with what happened, why do Canadians have a problem with what Emery is doing in Russia?

Well, first off, I'm not from Canada nor am I French. Not like that has anything to do with this anyhow. If you don't know, the KHL is not the top hockey league in the world, the NHL is. That being said, Emery is playing in the KHL, on a whole other continent because he couldn't find a job in the NHL. It's like he's in a high-paying AHL league.

As a boss, a GM or whatever you want to call it, how would you want this guy back up in the big leagues when he's involved in behavior of this kind. Race has no place in this discussion because if anything, Ray Emery is in the top-10 percent of the worlds population because of his wealth. He's a millionaire. And this isn't some dude from the Bronx. All of his problems were brought on by himself and no one else.

Does the media hype it up? Of course they do. And you're right, it does sell. But there are other black guys in the league that don't have these problems. And if it's about race, then why just black folks? Why stop there?

Violence in hockey is a game of parameters. Players fight on the ice, not on the bench with fans, coaches and trainers. That's my point. Ray Emery is outside of those parameters when he's driving like a nut on the road, when he's attacking two Buffalo players to fight ( although that was entertaining ), when he's disruptive in the clubhouse and when he's fighting on the bench. So if you're impressed with mediocrity, then go ahead, defend a guy with anger issues who's banished himself to another continent in a sub-par league. The KHL is a joke.

And why did Emery go the the KHL? I'll tell you why. It was money. The KHL offered the most money. And that was because no one in the NHL would dare to offer Ray as much as he's making here. I'm arguing for his career. He's blowing it away incident by incident. He could easily have commanded that kind of salary in the NHL just by focusing on the game and staying out of trouble.

Nikita Filatov*

I heard he's not playing anymore.

Any chance he goes back to the NHL?

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
There are a couple of lines on Allhockey about Emery - apparently, it is not like he is not paid - he does not like that the contract being in rubles lost its value in the last three month.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
123427316017351459031002001.jpg

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
They should just give him some money or settle whatever the heck it is that he wants, then tell him to beat it. Kolesnik is a more than capable #1 anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00