Emery Fights his Team's Trainer

JorgeRocks!

May 31, 2006
Emery better watch it, he could catch a cold with that shiny bald head in a hockey rink......

Poor trainer to though.....

Another sad chapter in his career that needs to get turned around somehow. He had some much talent

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
it looked like the trainer wanted to put the baseball cap on Ray, maybe as an insult since he got yanked and lots of backups wear ball caps on the bench

looks like he might have spit on him too, but that's a stretch. no words were exchanged from the trainer in the video after ray pushed his hand away...

emery is really pushing himself out of pro hockey...not that i really blame Ray, i mean, if the guy was being a dick then sure....but still, you're a professional - act like one. Quit being the stereotypical Terrell Owens wannabe.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
it looked like the trainer wanted to put the baseball cap on Ray, maybe as an insult since he got yanked and lots of backups wear ball caps on the bench

looks like he might have spit on him too, but that's a stretch. no words were exchanged from the trainer in the video after ray pushed his hand away...

emery is really pushing himself out of pro hockey...not that i really blame Ray, i mean, if the guy was being a dick then sure....but still, you're a professional - act like one. Quit being the stereotypical Terrell Owens wannabe.

People act like jerks and test eachother's patience all the time...it doesn't give anyone the right to physically attack someone else though. In the 'real world' that's called assault.

Anyone know if the deadline to sign free agents is over? Mytischi should waive Emery (Kolesnik is just as good) and use that money to sign a replacement for Bulis.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
This guy was not in the position to tell Emery what to do period. This is simply ridiculous that some fat bald dude wants to put a hat on Emery's head, I don't blame Ray a bit for that, it is low professionalism of the team's personnel.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
apparantley the trainer was bugging him over and over again, the posted video is after that when Ray had enough...I would do the same thing

wildone26*

To me it looks like the trainer was being a real pest. The trainer was behaving inappropriately IMO. However Emery should have bit his tongue and resisted all the same.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
When your career has as many "incidents" as Emery's does, you've gotta be smarter than this. It's tough to say who's at fault, but what is clear is that Emery hasn't gotten any smarter, which is something he desperately needed.

SpooKy

Jul 22, 2003
Redondo Beach, California
First and foremost, you don't punch people. Period. Emery had problems in North America and it's not gonna go away just because he's playing in Russia. Hockey players, of all people, know the conduct in which they should act. I don't care what the guys weight is, how little hair he had or whatever it was. Emery is a joke.

VladNYC*

You would slug a guy in the face for trying to get you to wear a hat? What's wrong with you?

Absolutely. You don't force a grown man to wear something he doesn't want to. As much as team owners would disagree, hockey players are still humans and not cattle. I would kick the **** out of this trainer too. I am with Emery on this one. I would think most Russian fans are too.

Bumjoo Wang*

Absolutely. You don't force a grown man to wear something he doesn't want to. As much as team owners would disagree, hockey players are still humans and not cattle. I would kick the **** out of this trainer too. I am with Emery on this one. I would think most Russian fans are too.

My impression is that the tension was there already before this particular incident. I don't think the trainer would have been as apparently angry at him just for having an off game. There must be more to this story.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada

Terrible comment. His sponsors help pay his salary, he should wear it. I play for a junior team, and we have to do much more for our sponsors, and we don't even get paid.
What a baby.

VladNYC*

Terrible comment. His sponsors help pay his salary, he should wear it. I play for a junior team, and we have to do much more for our sponsors, and we don't even get paid.
What a baby.

I am sure he would have put it on eventually and even if he didn't, that doesn't give any one the right to physically force him to do any thing. You can get him in trouble with management but you can't force him physically. In what other profession can your co workers physically force you to do something? It's just asking for an ass kicking. Try to force fedor emelianenko to wear a hat, see what happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad