GDT: Emergency GDT: Pens vs. Wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Not understanding the Winnik hate. He's been solid and quietly effective. Dude is a possession animal and almost never makes a bad decision with the puck.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Just a real stinker of a game and a pretty horrible weekend offensively.
Turn the page. Pray Geno and Horny come back.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Reasons why we lost this game. No Malkin, discipline, refs being refs, our bottom six not scoring again.

Trading Despres for Lovejoy has literally nothing to do with it.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
McGuire.....Lovejoy more cerebral than Despres. Nice praise. Despres makes Letang look like a Rhodes Scholar. You really think any GM gives up a 6-4 210 good skater and some physicality if that so called upside is evident? So Despres show up in decent shape and plays well for three months and then heads south. They know what they had and know what they are getting back.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Not understanding the Winnik hate. He's been solid and quietly effective. Dude is a possession animal and almost never makes a bad decision with the puck.

Yeah he may not show up on the score sheet, but he's one of the few guys I never seem to be groaning at for making a bad decision, turning it over, or losing a board battle.

Koempel

Mar 8, 2010
Leuven
To sum up: listless first period after the puck bounced to Zidlicky, a score of misconducts (only the first was justified), Comeau injured, Hornqvist injured, Kunitz indirectly slams Martin into the ice... gotta love these afternoon games!!!

As often reiterated here, Sutter is a big problem. The only thing he does consistently well seems to be his patented rush down the ice off a steal or give-away. He is simply not an effective center. He isn't strong on the puck, has no bite to him and isn't a play-maker. Finding a suitable replacement this summer has to be JR's top priority. Now I know he isn't always as bad as today, but I do not see any chance he improves over the next few years.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Aside from that trade though, Rutherford has actually done a pretty good job thus far as GM. IF you're going to evaluate JR you gotta evaluate him from all angles, and not just based on that one move.

I still think his Ehrhoff signing was stupid and unnecessary, and I still wouldn't have dealt Neal. I'd much rather have had Neal and a complementary Kulemin beside Malkin than Hornqvist and Ehrhoff.

Perron was good, and he made some nice depth moves. But he's been very much hit and miss with me.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
That's true but he consults and takes advice from both because one of them is in line to take over from him as GM.

You have no idea what each said to Rutherford. All you have is a blanket statement from a delirious old man.

An old man who is ultimately responsible for the moves he makes.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Sutter should go overseas and play in the soft euro leagues.. he's a total wimp and is not cut out for the physicality of the NHL.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I still think his Ehrhoff signing was stupid and unnecessary, and I still wouldn't have dealt Neal. I'd much rather have had Neal and a complementary Kulemin beside Malkin than Hornqvist and Ehrhoff.

Perron was good, and he made some nice depth moves. But he's been very much hit and miss with me.

I can't imagine wanting Neal or Kulemin over Hornqvist. He's everything this team needs, and he's been playing phenomenal hockey.

You have no idea what each said to Rutherford. All you have is a blanket statement from a delerious old man.

Is something like this necessary?

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
Reasons why we lost this game. No Malkin, discipline, refs being refs, our bottom six not scoring again.

Trading Despres for Lovejoy has literally nothing to do with it.

Mark Madden has been complaining and I suppose is coming from the organization, that the league officials are targeting them for all the past complaining.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Also - does anyone have the gif of Ehrhoff getting totally owned on that 4th goal? That was beyond epic and I would love to see it again.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
This team is Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Fleury, Hornqvist, Martin... and the rest are just a bunch of passengers.

Replace Martin with Perron.

Even with how great he's been this year I'm still not fully sold on Letang, and Horny will be interesting to see what he does come playoff time.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
You have no idea what each said to Rutherford. All you have is a blanket statement from a delirious old man.

An old man who is ultimately responsible for the moves he makes.

In relation to Lovejoy, it can be safely assumed that both Botterill and Guerin have a strong positive opinion on him. Keep in mind those two also convinced Shero not to trade Pouliot for Kesler last Spring because they considered him untouchable and Shero didn't make that trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad