GDT: Emergency Game Day Thread! Game 3 of round 2 vs the Blues. Series tied 1-1. 6:00PM MST

Best meat type?

• Beef

Votes: 40 38.5%
  • Chicken

Votes: 19 18.3%
  • Pork

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Fish

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Venison

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Human

Votes: 20 19.2%

• Total voters

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Again you let results cloud your judgement and forget about context altogether. I have talked often about this in the past. Context matters when talking about the first two 2nd round losses. The first was actually a success story not a failure. They were not even supposed to win round one against the Flames. The second loss was because of a ton of injuries to key players which two of those injuries forced us to play our 3rd string goalie let alone the injuries to Landy, EJ, etc. And we still took Dallas to game 7. That is again hardly a failure. People just keep looking at the those series' results and all they see is 3 Ls.
While yes the first two instances were fine, though I'd argue even with a 3rd stringer against Dallas, they choked a lead with 3 mins left which was a meltdown, but what was the excuse for Vegas last year?

The loss in game 2 this year was exactly what happened against Vegas, no effort, got dummied etc.

To their credit this year they addressed the issue right away instead of letting it snowball. Now they have to continue the evolution and find a killer instinct. It's time to kick a team while they are down.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Well there's at least one of them around considering I got a warning last night for calling a poster over there a coward for wishing injury on Girard

I didn't get one :laugh:

I probably served up the easiest infraction ever last night and they didn't give it to me... Just deleted the post. I think the Blues mod probably realized how f***ed up the Blues posters were being and ended up just deleting Avs fan posts without warnings/infractions eventually.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Again you let results cloud your judgement and forget about context altogether. I have talked often about this in the past. Context matters when talking about the first two 2nd round losses. The first was actually a success story not a failure. They were not even supposed to win round one against the Flames. The second loss was because of a ton of injuries to key players which two of those injuries forced us to play our 3rd string goalie let alone the injuries to Landy, EJ, etc. And we still took Dallas to game 7. That is again hardly a failure. People just keep looking at the those series' results and all they see is 3 Ls.
There is definitely something to be said of context. However do you think Toronto gets to sit there and think about context for every series they've failed to advance? The narrative hits hard when it's 3x in a row. It gets to you no matter what the previous context is.

Reactions: janu

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
You put him on the 4th line and let him forecheck like a demon, grind their defense into dust, and harass bitches like Barbashev after the whistle when they start engaging in BS.
MacDermid can try to forecheck like a demon, but let's be honest, he's not going to catch anyone.

Avs don't have time to play the retaliation game. That's the easiest way to lose focus and lose the series. We play them 4 times next regular season and we can give a nice greeting to Barbashev then.

If you saw a consistent pattern throughout the game of Blues taking liberties and affecting our confidence with the puck, then maybe I could see MacDermid drawing in. But as it stands, I highly doubt we will see MacDermid in Game 4 except maybe as bodyguard for post game interviews.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth

I probably served up the easiest infraction ever last night and they didn't give it to me... Just deleted the post. I think the Blues mod probably realized how f***ed up the Blues posters were being and ended up just deleting Avs fan posts without warnings/infractions eventually.
I didn't post myself, but I did indulge in some pettyness and liked all of Dizee's whining posts.

Wonder how that medicine tastes Dizee. Your own flavored?

• Haha
Reactions: TheDizee

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
MacDermid can try to forecheck like a demon, but let's be honest, he's not going to catch anyone.

Avs don't have time to play the retaliation game. That's the easiest way to lose focus and lose the series. We play them 4 times next regular season and we can give a nice greeting to Barbashev then.

If you saw a consistent pattern throughout the game of Blues taking liberties and affecting our confidence with the puck, then maybe I could see MacDermid drawing in. But as it stands, I highly doubt we will see MacDermid in Game 4 except maybe as bodyguard for post game interviews.

Yep and then he's going to end up throwing late hits and grab an interference penalty or two and considering how hard he can hit, it could injure someone and lead to a major penalty against.

That said, Forward is probably where I would play him at this point as well but its so risky to get him in the game and not cost us big time.

Reactions: missionAvs

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
To add to above, even with MacDermid in the lineup, I don't think that would be a deterrent for a guy like Perron or Schenn to accidentally on purpose skate hard into Kuemper, which is the thing I'm most worried about for the remainder of the series.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Lol gotta to love the MacK hate around here. Without him we aren't close to where we are. I've never seen a star player who is one I'd the guys carrying the team most nights get so much hate for being too competitive. Sure it hurts him sometimes, and he needs to learn to deal with it better. But who f***ing cares, more often than not he is going to help the team than hurt it.

Meh, Makar has been the one doing that. For me, it's just not a good look. He cannot be insubordinate and lash out at his coach like that in front of the team. And now he's building a reputation of this. You wouldn't do that to your boss and not expect to get fired.

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013
99/100 times I agree.

But getting joy and boasting about a serious and extremely painful injury to a player is just pure scumbag behavior and is the 1 time out of 100 where they need to be called out on that shit.
Agreed 100% some people forget this is a game and wishing harm on anyone is disgusting behaviour. But Would you expect anything less from the Inbred St. Louis fans?

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
Agreed 100% some people forget this is a game and wishing harm on anyone is disgusting behaviour. But Would you expect anything less from the Inbred St. Louis fans?
I like Dizee though. In his mind he's part of the Blue's team. He identifies with them on a personal level and it's hilarious to watch. He reminds me of myself at about 11 years old.

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013
I like Dizee though. In his mind he's part of the Blue's team. He identifies with them on a personal level and it's hilarious to watch. He reminds me of myself at about 11 years old.
I think the team actually hired him to stay on this board and review all the nasty messages said about the blues. It helps him & binnington sleep easier at night knowing all those meanies got laughed at.

AvsFanInMichigan

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
Apr 16, 2018
Michigan

Im surprised I didn’t get one for calling blues fans delusional for singing to their hearts content about wanting to go back to West Virginia and the blue ridge mountains.

• Haha

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
I don’t give a shit if Kuemper keeps letting in a questionable goal a game. If he keeps up a 1.99GAA and .926, there’s not much more you can ask.

If he removed all the “weak” goals that some of you claim have happened, he’s prob icing barely over 1.00GAA and .950
Only delusional fans are whining about Darcy right now.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Hornstar

Feb 3, 2018
99/100 times I agree.

But getting joy and boasting about a serious and extremely painful injury to a player is just pure scumbag behavior and is the 1 time out of 100 where they need to be called out on that shit.
I understand that but remember the Matt Cooke incident taking out Barrie? In their delusional minds this is the same thing. Whatever they are saying about kadri and the racist shit spewing out of their mouths is BS
If an Avs fan were to say that kind of shit I’m pretty sure the majority of the rest of them would handle it. I just could care less what blues fans say

• Haha

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Man f***ing sucks about Girard but I liked JB's comments about both that and the Binningon injury. Both are hockey plays with unfortunate results. Sucks though, who draws in for G? JMFJ, Murray, MacD? I would say Murray to start but he would literally get injured right off the bat IMO. MacD sucks at D which I feel leaves it to JMFJ who sucks just a bit less overall. How's MacDonald looking lately?

Bront

Jun 5, 2021
Meh, Makar has been the one doing that. For me, it's just not a good look. He cannot be insubordinate and lash out at his coach like that in front of the team. And now he's building a reputation of this. You wouldn't do that to your boss and not expect to get fired.
100% agree here. Look at the faces of the other players on the bench in the sportsnet clip. All very uncomfortable and awkward about mackinnons attitude in that situation. How hard would it be for Mack to get as fired up and competitive and pissed as he wants and yell “that face off is on me boys, lets get it back.” You can get really REALLY fired up and competitive without it becoming a detriment to the team. He doesn’t need to reign in his competitiveness at all but he does need to learn how to “aim” it for the benefit of the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad