GDT: Emergency Game Day Thread! Game 3 of round 2 vs the Blues. Series tied 1-1. 6:00PM MST

Best meat type?

• Beef

Votes: 40 38.5%
  • Chicken

Votes: 19 18.3%
  • Pork

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Fish

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Venison

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Human

Votes: 20 19.2%

• Total voters

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
I don't know if I expect any more physicality from the blues at all. The time for physically punishing revenge would have been in game 3, there was absolutely zero push back from either team after the injuries. I think all the talk of revenge is buoyed by bloodlusting fans and idiotic media members. Even in the immediate aftermath no one made Kadri pay. No one roughed him up. This blues team is not the blues of old, I don't think they have much more physicality to bring.
Yes, but at that point, they had no idea of the long term status of Binnington. And the score was always close.

If the score tonight gets out of whack, I suspect some nonsense to appear.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Yes, but at that point, they had no idea of the long term status of Binnington. And the score was always close.

If the score tonight gets out of whack, I suspect some nonsense to appear.
I guess I see it differently. Remember when Greenway clipped Kuemper in the head in the crease? No one waited to hear on his prognosis, MacDermid beat the shit out of him immediately without hesitation. The reason why, is I think even the Blues players accept that was just a hockey play that ended unfortunately. It's the coach, the media, and the fans that have lost their collective minds. The players didn't even react. But I guess we will see, maybe you're right if the score becomes lopsided we might see more cheapshots.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
I guess I see it differently. Remember when Greenway clipped Kuemper in the head in the crease? No one waited to hear on his prognosis, MacDermid beat the shit out of him immediately without hesitation. The reason why, is I think even the Blues players accept that was just a hockey play that ended unfortunately. It's the coach, the media, and the fans that have lost their collective minds. The players didn't even react. But I guess we will see, maybe you're right if the score becomes lopsided we might see more cheapshots.
Bortuzzo said he thought it was intentional

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Bortuzzo said he thought it was intentional
Then you have to assume the players are either afraid of going after the Avs, or afraid of getting penalties for doing so. In which case, why would it be any different in an even more pivotal game. I can see the Blues trying to be on their absolute best behavior tonight.

Reactions: Azrael89

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
Then you have to assume the players are either afraid of going after the Avs, or afraid of getting penalties for doing so. In which case, why would it be any different in an even more pivotal game. I can see the Blues trying to be on their absolute best behavior tonight.
And to think McDermid hasn’t even played yet.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010

Sometimes teams don’t respond right away. Wings lost to us a couple times in Colorado without doing anything before going after Lemieux at home in Detroit later in the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad