News Article: Emelin returns to Montreal for personal reasons (will play vs. TB), Also new lines

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
VA Sports ‏@TVASports 9m
#Habs : Alexei Emelin est rentré à Montréal : http://*******/1hbEtcz

Eyes on the Prize ‏@HabsEOTP 9m
Defender Alexei Emelin returns to Montreal for personal reasons: http://sbn.to/O8MmII

Sergio Momesso ‏@SergioMomesso36 13m
#Habson690 Eller on left Wing on 3rd line with Briere , Gionta. Bourque on 4 th with bournival and white -Parros

Trios : Pacioretty-Desharnais-Vanek, Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher, Eller-Briere-Gionta, Bourque-White-Bournival (( Parros extra)

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Good lines. I'd much rather see Eller on the third line wing than as fourth line centre. Too bad we have to have Bourque in at all but that's injuries for you.

Hope it's nothing bad in Emelin's case, whatever the reason is.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
I really hope Eller on the wing works... He has the perfect skill set to play wing. Big, strong, excellent skater, strong on the puck, works very well along the boards. His IQ just isn't up to par to play center on an offensive line, but his assets should shine on the wing.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Good lines. I'd much rather see Eller on the third line wing than as fourth line centre. Too bad we have to have Bourque in at all but that's injuries for you.

Hope it's nothing bad in Emelin's case, whatever the reason is.

Bourque is weird player man. In the same game he'll look sharp, read the play well, use his body, make plays, skate like the wind; but then he'll just not move his feet, try to win battles only with his stick and obviously lose them, fumble pucks and passes, look like he's skating in sand, turn over the puck.

Is it a lack of effort? A lack of hockey sense? Is he not 100%?

I don't know anymore with him.

PricePkPatch*

I really hope Eller on the wing works... He has the perfect skill set to play wing. Big, strong, excellent skater, strong on the puck, works very well along the boards. His IQ just isn't up to par to play center on an offensive line, but his assets should shine on the wing.

He's been tried on the wings plenty of times, and it never really worked.. :cry:

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
He's been tried on the wings plenty of times, and it never really worked.. :cry:

Yeah, but was he ever left there for prolonged periods of time ? Who knows, given enough time, things might start clicking. Also, I'd like to see him play on Galchenyuk's wing next year for long periods to not only give Eller a chance to develop his game on the wing and Galchenyuk his game at center, but also to give Galchenyuk a backup option when he needs help at faceoff and on the defensive end of things.

Zorro

Aug 5, 2011

Well then, he doesn't have a high enough IQ to be a top 6 center and he isn't good enough for the wings...i for one think he would be a capable 3rd/4th line center, sucks to hear that but that's all he really is...there is no need to be upset, some players just don't reach expectations (i.e. for him it was top 6 material).

PricePkPatch*

Well then, he doesn't have a high enough IQ to be a top 6 center and he isn't good enough for the wings...i for one think he would be a capable 3rd/4th line center, sucks to hear that but that's all he really is...there is no need to be upset, some players just don't reach expectations (i.e. for him it was top 6 material).

*sigh*

We traded him for Halak..

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
J-F Chaumont ‏@JFChaumontJDM 13m
#Habs: Les duos à la ligne bleue en l'absence d'Emelin. Bouillon-Subban, Markov-Weaver, Murray-Tinordi.

PricePkPatch*

J-F Chaumont ‏@JFChaumontJDM 13m
#Habs: Les duos à la ligne bleue en l'absence d'Emelin. Bouillon-Subban, Markov-Weaver, Murray-Tinordi.

Ahh..

We are trying to draw Tampa into a false sense of security, eh?

11Goat11

Inside her
Feb 18, 2006
Hope everything is OK in the Emelin household.

I like those lines, will be better when the injured reserves start coming back but this team finally has solid depth at all positions.

I am looking forward to seeing what a motivated playoff Bork will do, think he is an "ace in the hole" for us.

Jakomyte

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto

I did like Eller at center when he was playing better, but considering our current center depth, it would be a huge bonus for the team (and him) if he could find a way to be more effective on the wing. I think he has the ability to be the kind of player that can win battles down low, get the puck to his center, then go to the net for tips/rebounds. Kind of like the role that Vanek/Gallagher play on their lines.

The kid could use a boost in confidence, and the Habs could use a 3rd solid LW to go with Pacioretty and Galchenyuk for this playoff run, so I'm hoping for the best!

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

So....

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Vanek, Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher, Eller-Briere-Gionta, Bourque-White-Bournival

That's a line-up!

TofoEmptyNt

Nov 10, 2013
Ontario
Why not Eller at C and briere at wing?

Briere is wasted on the wing. Eller at least has a chance to use his size and ability to protect/cycle the puck to be effective there. Give Briere the freedom to be creative. We've seen what Eller does with that freedom (holds onto the puck to long which amounts to nothing at best, turnover at worst.)

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I'd rather see Eller on the 3rd line wing than as the centre on the 4th line.

Hopefully he can use his physicality and gain some confidence for the playoffs.

As for Emelin, I hope all is well with him and his family.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Bourque is weird player man. In the same game he'll look sharp, read the play well, use his body, make plays, skate like the wind; but then he'll just not move his feet, try to win battles only with his stick and obviously lose them, fumble pucks and passes, look like he's skating in sand, turn over the puck.

Is it a lack of effort? A lack of hockey sense? Is he not 100%?

I don't know anymore with him.

Meh, I've given up on him. All I know is out of the 18 or so forwards we've had all year, his play has been the least impressive. Okay, excluding Parros. But when you're only marginally better than an enforcer on his last legs...not good.

Why not Eller at C and briere at wing?

We've had Eller at C and Briere on the wing for, like, 65 games this year. Why not the other way around?

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Yeah Emelin hip checked Plekanec's wife, which everyone was successful when the baby hipchecked the placenta out.

This, and the absence of a turtleneck on the infant, convinced Pleks the baby wasn't is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad